|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mortgage lender did an Oppenheimer banker obtain information on from Steve Eisman in Chapter 1?
(b) Bear Stearns.
(c) Aames Financial.
(d) Gotham Capital.
2. When did Steve Eisman publish a report outlining the bad practices of the subprime mortgage lender in Chapter 1?
3. Michael Burry could not bet against mortgage bonds in the same way he could other bonds because he could not short houses, only what?
(a) Government buildings.
(b) Commercial buildings.
(c) House builders.
(d) Construction workers.
4. When was Michael Burry born?
5. On what date did the head of the International Monetary Fund warn that the world financial system was teetering on the "brink of systemic meltdown"?
(a) August 15, 2009.
(b) March 4, 2006.
(c) October 11, 2008.
(d) June 28, 2007.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Michael Burry make his first credit default swap?
2. The sale of CDSs grew AIG FP so quickly that it provided what percent of AIG's profits in Chapter 3?
3. What is the name of Mike Burry's investment group?
4. Where did Michael Lewis earn his Masters degree in Economics?
5. With the creation of ______, mortgage companies became inspired to grow quickly and offer a great many loans to customers.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)