|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was CEO of Morgan Stanley at the time Hubler was selling CDOs in Chapter 9?
(a) James Wilson.
(b) John Mack.
(c) James Smith.
(d) Bernie Madoff.
2. Steve Eisman's team discovered in Chapter 4 that the mortgage lenders were using what to alter the rating of their bonds?
(a) Insider trading.
(b) FICO scores.
(d) Bad math.
3. Who wrote the book "The Greatest Trade Ever: How John Paulson Bet Against The Markets and Made $20 Billion"?
(a) Jim Smith.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) Gregory Zuckerman.
(d) Anderson Cooper.
4. In Chapter 8, Michael Burry found that his reports to his investors were appearing more and more bleak because of his heavy investment in what?
(a) Subprime mortgage CDOs.
(b) Overprime mortgage CDOs.
(c) Subprime mortgage CDSs.
(d) Overprime mortgage CDSs.
5. How old was Charlie Ledley when he moved to California to create a hedge fund?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Ben Hockett on vacation when he hit the internet and quickly began selling the CDOs in Chapter 9?
2. When did Scion Capital open business?
3. As Steve Eisman's team investigated in Chapter 4, they found patterns in the people and states that what?
4. What companies approached Michael Burry and provided him with capital to begin his new company?
5. How much money did Charlie Ledley and Jamie Mai make from their first major investment in a company with legal trouble in Chapter 5?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)