|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a global financial service company with its headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany?
(a) Morgan Stanley.
(b) Oppenheimer and Co.
(c) The Fitch Group.
(d) Deutsche Bank.
2. Howie Hubler decided to find a way to bet against mortgage bonds and in doing so began forming what, which he sold to what he thought were ignorant investors?
3. Michael Burry lost his left eye due to what as a toddler?
(b) Asperger's Syndrome.
(c) A car accident.
4. Who was CEO of Morgan Stanley at the time Hubler was selling CDOs in Chapter 9?
(a) James Smith.
(b) John Mack.
(c) Bernie Madoff.
(d) James Wilson.
5. With how much capital did Charlie Ledley and his partner begin a hedge fund in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. The mortgage boom and bust which is central in The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine took place between what years?
2. In Chapter 5, Charlie Ledley and Jamie Mai continued to make risky investments until they had grown their investment company to how much?
3. When did Scion Capital open business?
4. What did Michael Burry study in college?
5. During the first six months of what year did Mike Burry find himself struggling with his investors in Chapter 8?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)