|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Steve Eisman's team investigated in Chapter 4, they found patterns in the people and states that what?
(a) Were the most successful.
(b) Had warmer climates.
(c) Were more educated.
(d) Suffered the highest default rates.
2. Who from Deutsche Bank asked if they could buy the swaps back from Michael Burry in Chapter 2?
(a) Greg Lippman.
(b) Meredith Whitney.
(c) Euguene Xu.
(d) Michael Lewis.
3. What is a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies that publishes financial research and analysis on stocks and bonds?
(a) Scion Capital.
(b) Cornwall Capital Management.
(c) Standard & Poor's.
(d) Deutsche Bank.
4. Michael Burry lost his left eye due to what as a toddler?
(a) Asperger's Syndrome.
(c) A car accident.
5. Michael Burry could not bet against mortgage bonds in the same way he could other bonds because he could not short houses, only what?
(a) Government buildings.
(b) House builders.
(c) Commercial buildings.
(d) Construction workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Michael Burry born?
2. In Chapter 5, Charlie Ledley and Jamie Mai continued to make risky investments until they had grown their investment company to how much?
3. What had Michael Burry's father warned him to stay away from in Chapter 2?
4. Where did Michael Burry begin cataloging his investments and their results, which drew interest from Wall Street brokers without Burry's knowledge?
5. The mortgage boom and bust which is central in The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine took place between what years?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)