|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does AIG FP stand for?
(a) American International Group Financial Products.
(b) American Investment Group Financial Portfolios.
(c) American Investment Group Financial Portfolios.
(d) American International Group Fiscal Products.
2. In Michael Burry's first credit default swap, what was the rate of each bond purchased?
(a) $1 million.
(b) $7 million.
(c) $10 million.
(d) $3 million.
3. When was Michael Burry born?
4. How much did Mike Burry make for his investors from selling his CDSs in Chapter 9?
(a) Over $300 million.
(b) Over $200 million.
(c) Over $475 million.
(d) Over $750 million.
5. Gene Park worked for what company in Chapter 4?
(a) Standard & Poor's.
(c) AIG FP.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who went to a conference of subprime mortgage bond professionals and learned from a woman that her supervisors picked and chose which mortgage bonds would be triple-A rated despite her frequent recommendations that most of them be downgraded?
2. What led Michael Burry to leave his original profession and become a money manager?
3. What does CDS stand for?
4. Who thought that if AIG stopped buying the bonds, the subprime mortgage bond market would collapse, making him a fortune in Chapter 3?
5. In whose garage did Charlie Ledley begin operating a hedge fund in Chapter 5?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)