|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Twenty-One,Tragedy at Toluca—Time to Leave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sandy Hook?
(a) The place at which Hughes' father lived.
(b) The place at which Hughes threw his books overboard.
(c) The place in which Highes went to school.
(d) The place in which Hughes was born.
2. Who was shot by the German brewery-master at James Hughes's house in Mexico?
(a) A neighbor and his wife.
(b) Frau Schultz and Gerta.
(c) Lotte and Gerta.
(d) Frau Schultz and Lotte.
3. Who were George and Ramon?
(a) Hughes's brothers.
(b) Hughes's friends in New York.
(c) Hughes's classmates.
(d) Hughes's bunk mates.
4. Where did Hughes go to see the bullfights in Mexico?
(d) Mexico City.
5. How did Hughes feel when he arrived in Harlem for the first time?
(a) Frightened and regretful.
(b) Nervous and uncertain.
(c) Lost and confused.
(d) Happy and excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hughes meet Frau Schultz?
2. When did Hughes finally leave Mexico to return to America?
3. What did Hughes do after the end of his freshman year at Columbia?
4. Why did Hughes have trouble writing about bullfights?
5. How did Hughes think poems were like rainbows?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)