|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Twenty-One,Tragedy at Toluca—Time to Leave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the famous bullfighter visiting from Spain when Hughes was in Mexico?
(a) Matador Mejeres.
(b) Sanchez Mejias.
(c) Matador Huscalla.
(d) Serijego Mattillas.
2. Who was Auntie Reed and Uncle Reed?
(a) The people Hughes met on the S.S. Malone.
(b) The people Hughes met on his way to see his father.
(c) The people who lived next door to his grandmother.
(d) The people Hughes was sent to live with when he was twleve.
3. Who were George and Ramon?
(a) Hughes's brothers.
(b) Hughes's friends in New York.
(c) Hughes's bunk mates.
(d) Hughes's classmates.
4. When did Hughes finally leave Mexico to return to America?
(a) September, 1923.
(b) September, 1921.
(c) August, 1921.
(d) October, 1920.
5. Where did Hughes find work the summer after his freshman year at Columbia?
(a) At a bakery in Harlem.
(b) At a truck garden on Staten Island.
(c) At a newspaper in New York City.
(d) At a newspaper in Cleveland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the S.S. Malone finally put in?
2. With whom did Hughes stay his first night in New York City?
3. Where was George from?
4. Why was the dormitory director at Columbia reluctant to give Hughes his room?
5. Why did Hughes turn down Alain Locke's request to meet with him?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)