|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Twenty-One,Tragedy at Toluca—Time to Leave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Mrs. Dorsey?
(a) The woman who taught Hughes poetry.
(b) The woman who published Hughes' poetry.
(c) The woman who rented Hughes a room in her home in Harlem.
(d) The woman who hired Hughes at the flower store.
2. What did Hughes's father finally do for his son?
(a) Bought him land in Mexico.
(b) Sent him home to Cleveland.
(c) Shipped him off to Africa.
(d) Offered to pay for school in Columbia.
3. How old was Hughes when he sailed away from America?
4. Where did Langston Hughes want to attend college?
(a) Yale in New Haven.
(b) Loyola in Chicago.
(c) Columbia in New York City.
(d) Harvard in Boston.
5. What did Hughes consider the "greatest Negro city in the world?"
(d) Kansas City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the S.S. Malone finally put in?
2. What did Hughes's father decide he should study in school?
3. How did Hughes begin earning his own money while he lived with his father?
4. Who were all but one of the six passengers aboard the S.S Malone?
5. Why was the dormitory director at Columbia reluctant to give Hughes his room?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)