|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Twenty-One,Tragedy at Toluca—Time to Leave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Mrs. Dorsey?
(a) The woman who hired Hughes at the flower store.
(b) The woman who taught Hughes poetry.
(c) The woman who published Hughes' poetry.
(d) The woman who rented Hughes a room in her home in Harlem.
2. Why did Hughes turn down Alain Locke's request to meet with him?
(a) He was busy.
(b) He was angry.
(c) He was afraid.
(d) He was frustrated.
3. How did Hughes feel when he arrived in Harlem for the first time?
(a) Happy and excited.
(b) Nervous and uncertain.
(c) Frightened and regretful.
(d) Lost and confused.
4. What was Sandy Hook?
(a) The place in which Highes went to school.
(b) The place in which Hughes was born.
(c) The place at which Hughes threw his books overboard.
(d) The place at which Hughes' father lived.
5. How did Hughes obtain a sleeping car in San Antonio on his way to Cleveland?
(a) He paid the conductor extra for the room.
(b) He spoke Spanish and was assumed to be Mexican.
(c) He pretended to be Mexican.
(d) He lied about his age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were George and Ramon?
2. What was the name of the children's play Hughes wrote and published in the "Brownie Book"?
3. Who were all but one of the six passengers aboard the S.S Malone?
4. Where was Langston Hughes born?
5. Which of Hughes's relatives became Dean of the first law school at Howard University?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)