Part I, Twenty-One, Beyond Sandy Hook—Father
1. What was Sandy Hook?
(a) The place in which Hughes was born.
(b) The place at which Hughes threw his books overboard.
(c) The place in which Highes went to school.
(d) The place at which Hughes' father lived.
2. How old was Hughes when he sailed away from America?
3. Where was Hughes's ship traveling to when he left America?
(c) South America.
4. What was Hughes's job on the ship across the ocean?
(a) He was a janitor.
(b) He was a mess boy.
(c) He was a police officer.
(d) He was an oarsman.
5. Who were George and Ramon?
(a) Hughes's friends in New York.
(b) Hughes's classmates.
(c) Hughes's bunk mates.
(d) Hughes's brothers.
6. Where was George from?
7. Who were all but one of the six passengers aboard the S.S Malone?
(a) Spanish missionaries.
(b) Nordic missionaries.
(c) Dutch settlers.
(d) English statesmen.
8. What was the S.S. Malone's only port of call in the Azores?
This section contains 5,859 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)