|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krishna say a person is in this chapter?
2. What is the one Krishna loves incapable of?
3. What does Sanjaya say Krishna appeared with an infinite number of?
4. What does Krishna say is the source from which all creatures evolve?
5. What is Krishna among bodies of water?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Arjuna begin this chapter?
2. What are Krishna's instructions for Arjuna if he finds he cannot still his mind?
3. How does Krishna enable Arjuna to see his immortal nature?
4. What is the difference between the two kinds of renunciation?
5. What are some of the most glorious of Krishna's divine powers?
6. Who does Krishna say are the most established in yoga?
7. What kind of knowledge belongs to each of the gunas?
8. What is the relationship between Purusha and prakriti?
9. With what kind of person is Krishna in love?
10. Describe the three gunas.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Citing specific examples, answer and discuss the following:
1) What is Karma?
2) What instructions does Krishna offer for transcending karma?
3) What is the destiny of one who has transcended karma?
Essay Topic 2
In chapter twelve, Krishna describes at length the one with whom he is in love. What are the characteristics of this "one?" How do the characteristics of this one fit into Krishna's previous teachings? Discuss citing specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Krishna grants Arjuna a cosmic vision of his supreme immutable nature. How does this happen? What does Arjuna see? What is the impact of the vision on Arjuna? What is the impact of the vision on the reader? Discuss citing specific examples.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)