|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of every selfless act according to Krishna?
2. According to Krishna, what is worse than death for a man of honor?
3. According to Krishna where does reality lie?
4. Whose family does Bhishma fight for?
5. What do the six months of the southern path of the sun lead other souls to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What specific instructions does Krishna give for dying?
2. How does Krishna say a sinner may become holy?
3. How does Krishna say ignorance is destroyed?
4. Do actions cling to Krishna? Why?
5. Of those who seek the spiritual life, who are the most blessed according to Krishna?
6. What does Krishna say about those who abstain from action to enjoy sensual pleasures?
7. What does Sri Krishna say about Ajuna's sorrow?
8. What does Krishna say about those who have gone beyond the dualities of life?
9. Why does Arjuna suggest he could receive no satisfaction from killing Dhritarastra's sons?
10. What are some of the things Krishna says to describe his nature as the Lord?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Krishna's attitude concerning meditation? Discuss this attitude and outline Krishna's directions for meditation in detail citing specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Krishna's teachings consistently return to several major things that bind souls to death and rebirth.
Part 1) Identify three such things and explain them clearly citing specific examples from the Gita.
Part 2) Outline in detail the means Krishna offers for transcending these, and breaking the cycle of death and rebirth.
Part 3) Attempt to unify these themes, using either your own words or Krishna's, into a single instruction for attaining what Krishna calls "the supreme goal."
Cite specific examples from the text for all of the above.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast sannyasa and tyaga, the two forms of renunciation. Which does Krishna say is better? Why? Discuss citing specific examples from the text.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)