|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nirvana?
2. What is the path of jnana?
3. Where does Sri Krishna tell Arjuna all paths lead?
4. Whose family does Bhishma fight for?
5. Who lives in freedom according to Krishna?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Krishna say is the difference between those whose desires are fragmented and those whose consciousness is unified?
2. What is Krishna's response to Arjuna's complaint that the mind is restless and difficult to control?
3. What is Krishna's highest nature and how does it give every creature its existence?
4. How does Krishna say ignorance is destroyed?
5. What happens when dharma declines according to Krishna?
6. Describe Krishna's instructions for the practice of meditation.
7. What does Sri Krishna say about Ajuna's sorrow?
8. What specific instructions does Krishna give for dying?
9. Of those who seek the spiritual life, who are the most blessed according to Krishna?
10. What are Krishna's instructions to those who aspire to a state of yoga?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Krishna grants Arjuna a cosmic vision of his supreme immutable nature. How does this happen? What does Arjuna see? What is the impact of the vision on Arjuna? What is the impact of the vision on the reader? Discuss citing specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Krishna tells Arjuna that the will is the Self's only friend as well as the Self's only enemy. What does this mean? For whom is the Self a friend? For whom is the Self an enemy? What does Krishna say an aspirant should do with respect to her will? Use specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Citing specific examples, answer and discuss the following:
1) What is Karma?
2) What instructions does Krishna offer for transcending karma?
3) What is the destiny of one who has transcended karma?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)