|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through what does Krishna say he nourishes all plants?
(a) A plastic watering can
(b) Plant food.
(c) The moon.
(d) The sun.
2. What is the destiny of those who are selfish and malicious?
(a) These souls have no destiny.
(b) These souls are bound to plumbers.
(c) These souls are destined to be born to parents with the same tendencies.
(d) These souls are bound to be sent to heaven.
3. How does Arjuna say the gods behave toward Krishna?
(a) Arjuna says the gods ignore Krishna.
(b) Arjuna says the gods mock Krishna.
(c) Arjuna says the gods greet Krishna in fear.
(d) Arjuna says the gods run from mighty Krishna.
4. What are the three gates to self-destructive hell?
(a) Indifference, ignorance, humor.
(b) Purity, love, kindness.
(c) Lust, anger, greed.
(d) One, two and three.
5. From what is no creature free from?
(a) The conditioning of the gunas.
(b) The desires of the devil.
(c) The desires of Dhritarashtra.
(d) The conditioning of Sanjaya.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krishna say is better than mechanical practice?
2. What arises in the body?
3. What grow on the limbs of the ashvattha tree as buds?
4. What does Arjuna say is Krishna's body?
5. What word best describes rajas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Krishna say are the most established in yoga?
2. What is the difference between the two kinds of renunciation?
3. What is the relationship between Purusha and prakriti?
4. What kind of knowledge belongs to each of the gunas?
5. What are Krishna's instructions for Arjuna if he finds he cannot still his mind?
6. What are some of the most glorious of Krishna's divine powers?
7. Who does Krishna say sees truly?
8. Why does Arjuna apologize to Krishna?
9. With what kind of person is Krishna in love?
10. What does Krishna say are the two orders of being in the world? Is there anything beyond?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)