|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krishna say is better than mechanical practice?
2. What does the Self act through?
(a) The scriptures.
(b) The ashvattha tree.
(d) The gunas.
3. Krishna says some people have divine tendencies. What does he say others have?
(a) No tendencies.
(b) Good tendencies.
(c) Demonic tendencies.
(d) So-so tendencies.
4. What does Krishna say is the source from which all creatures evolve?
(a) Krishna says all creatures evolve from him.
(b) Krishna says all creatures evolve from Arjuna.
(c) Krishna says all creatures evolve from rajas.
(d) Krishna says all creatures evolve from sattva.
5. How does the ashvattha tree grow?
(a) In water.
(b) Upside down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arjuna say he sees within Krishna's body?
2. What does Krishna urge Arjuna to act in accordance with?
3. What does Arjuna tell Krishna he longs for at the beginning of this chapter?
4. What kind of renunciation is tyaga?
5. For what does Arjuna apologize?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Purusha and prakriti?
2. How does Krishna enable Arjuna to see his immortal nature?
3. Who does Krishna say are the most established in yoga?
4. What does Krishna say are the two orders of being in the world? Is there anything beyond?
5. What are some of the qualities found in living creatures who have their source in Krishna?
6. How do those ruled by each of the gunas worship?
7. Why does Arjuna apologize to Krishna?
8. What are Krishna's instructions for Arjuna if he finds he cannot still his mind?
9. What happens to souls who die in each of these states?
10. What does Sanjaya say that Krishna showed Arjuna?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)