|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Krishna, what is worse than death for a man of honor?
(b) Fighting his relatives.
(c) Being ignored.
(d) Being teased.
2. What does Krishna say is his action?
(a) Creation and the bringing forth of creatures.
(b) Laughing and playing.
(c) Destruction and the dissolution of the universe.
(d) Krishna has no action.
3. What does Arjuna do at the very end of the chapter?
(a) Arjuna says emphatically that he no longer wishes to dwell on earth, and promptly ascends into heaven.
(b) Arjuna throws down his bow and arrow and sits down in his chariot in the middle of the battle field.
(c) Arjuna collapses weeping in the arms of Sri Krishna, and begs to be taken to his palace.
(d) Arjuna commands his army to charge, and he is shot through the heart with an arrow.
4. What does Krishna tell Arjuna about the world of the senses?
(a) The world of the senses does not exist.
(b) The world of the senses is the source of salvation.
(c) Pleasures conceived in the world of the senses have a beginning and an end and give birth to misery.
(d) The world of the senses can lead an aspirant astray at first, but later may offer salvation.
5. What does Krishna tell Arjuna is the goal of all work?
(a) Divine favor.
(d) Spiritual wisdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What creatures are most dear to Krishna?
2. Who may be regarded as Krishna's very Self?
3. What is adhyatma?
4. What does Krishna say the syllable Om represents?
5. What satisfaction will Arjuna find from killing Dhritarashtra's sons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when dharma declines according to Krishna?
2. What are some of the metaphors Krishna gives for his nature in this chapter?
3. What does Krishna tell Arjuna concerning the performance of selfless action versus the renunciation of action?
4. What does Krishna say is the difference between those whose desires are fragmented and those whose consciousness is unified?
5. What does Krishna say determines the destination of the dying.
6. What does Krishna say that the wise see about action?
7. What are the eight divisions of Krishna's prakriti?
8. What does Sri Krishna say about Ajuna's sorrow?
9. Describe Krishna's instructions for the practice of meditation.
10. Krishna tells Arjuna that he declared to paths for the pure of heart at the beginning of time. What are these paths?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)