|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Arjuna, what happens when a family declines?
(a) There is a widespread famine.
(b) Ancient traditions are destroyed.
(c) Morality vanishes.
(d) Women weep constantly.
2. According to Krishna where does reality lie?
(a) In scripture.
(b) In human trials and tribulations.
(c) In the eternal.
(d) In the temporal.
3. What are the three gunas?
(a) Maya, sattva, and tamas.
(b) Sattva, rajas, and tamas.
(c) Akasha, rajas, and prakriti.
(d) Akasha, maya and prakriti.
4. What does Krishna say is his action?
(a) Destruction and the dissolution of the universe.
(b) Laughing and playing.
(c) Creation and the bringing forth of creatures.
(d) Krishna has no action.
5. What is the path for aspirants seeking to climb the mountain of spiritual awareness according to Krishna?
(b) Selfless work.
(c) Pleasure seeking.
(d) Playing music.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Krishna urge Arjuna to reshape himself?
2. What souls are bound in everything they do according to Krishna?
3. Where does Krishna say true sustenance may be found?
4. Who does Krishna say is the inner witness?
5. What does Krishna say it is difficult to achieve perfect renunciation without?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Krishna say about the relationship between his unmanifested form and the existence of the manifested universe?
2. Of those who seek the spiritual life, who are the most blessed according to Krishna?
3. What does Krishna say about those who abstain from action to enjoy sensual pleasures?
4. What specific instructions does Krishna give for dying?
5. What is Krishna's highest nature and how does it give every creature its existence?
6. What does Krishna say about the duality of attraction and aversion?
7. What does Krishna tell Arjuna concerning the performance of selfless action versus the renunciation of action?
8. What does Sri Krishna say about Ajuna's sorrow?
9. Why does Arjuna suggest he could receive no satisfaction from killing Dhritarastra's sons?
10. What is the first thing Sri Krishna says to Arjuna?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)