|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Arjuna say the gods behave toward Krishna?
(a) Arjuna says the gods run from mighty Krishna.
(b) Arjuna says the gods ignore Krishna.
(c) Arjuna says the gods mock Krishna.
(d) Arjuna says the gods greet Krishna in fear.
2. Krishna speaks of how many ancient ancestors?
3. What is Krishna's motivation for destroying the darkness of ignorance?
4. What does Krisha say it is not fitting to renounce?
(a) One's responsibilities.
(b) One's sensual desires.
(c) The fruits of one's actions.
(d) One's selfish desires.
5. What is Krishna among bodies of water?
(a) The still pond.
(b) The lake.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The river.
6. What does Arjuna ask of Krishna in this chapter?
(a) Arjuna asks to know Krishna's long term plans.
(b) Arjuna asks to know all of Krishna's divine attributes.
(c) Arjuna asks to know Krishna's deepest darkest secrets.
(d) Arjuna asks to know Krishna's hopes and dreams.
7. What are those who "know" truly free from according to Krishna?
(a) Success and failure.
(b) Smiles and laughter.
(c) Pride and deceit.
(d) Dishonor and scandal.
8. What is the attitude toward praise and blame for a devotee of Krishna?
(a) Krishna's devotee is ambivalent about praise and blame.
(b) Krishna's devotee is never praised and is never blamed.
(c) Krishna's devotee is neither lifted up by praise nor dragged down by blame.
(d) Krishna's devotee is enamored of praise and terrified of blame.
9. What does Arjuna say Vishnu does to the worlds?
(a) Arjuna says Vishnu laps the worlds into his burning mouth and swallows them.
(b) Arjuna says Vishnu stands before the world and stomps on every single living thing.
(c) Arjuna say Vishnu breathes light into the world.
(d) Arjuna says Vishnu blows out the light of the world.
10. What is the quality of the path to the Unrevealed according to Krishna?
(a) Hazardous and slow.
(b) Impossible to miss.
(c) Wide and easy.
(d) Full of unbearable suffering.
11. What does Krishna say a person is in this chapter?
(a) His faith.
(b) His family circumstances.
(c) His heritage.
(d) His desires.
12. What does Sanjaya say Krishna appeared with an infinite number of?
13. What kind of food do sattvic people prefer?
(a) Spicy food.
(b) Leftover food.
(c) Mild food.
(d) Salty food.
14. To whom does Krishna give spiritual wisdom?
(a) Krishna gives spiritual wisdom to those who deny themselves all pleasure.
(b) Krishna gives spiritual wisdom to those steadfast in love and devotion.
(c) Krishna gives spiritual wisdom to those who love eating.
(d) Krishna gives spiritual wisdom to those who offer sacrifices.
15. What does Krishna say is better than mechanical practice?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which kind of renunciation is superior according to Krishna?
2. What does the one Krishna loves live beyond the reach of?
3. Krishna speaks of how many great sages?
4. Why do neither gods nor sages know Krishna's origins?
5. Through what does Krishna say he nourishes all plants?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)