|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do neither gods nor sages know Krishna's origins?
(a) Because Krishna is very secretive.
(b) Because gods and sages are foolish.
(c) Because gods and sages do not care.
(d) Because Krishna is the source of gods and sages.
2. What kind of food do tamasic people prefer?
(a) Mild food.
(b) Leftover food.
(c) Salty food.
(d) Spicy food.
3. What do those whose faith is sattvic worship?
(a) Spirits and ghosts.
(b) Power and wealth.
(d) Forms of God.
4. How does Krishna's devotee look upon friend and foe?
(a) Krishna's devotee hates friends and loves foes.
(b) Krishna's devotee loves friends and hates foes.
(c) Krishna's devotee looks on both with equal regard.
(d) Krishna's devotee interacts with no one.
5. What kind of renunciation is tyaga?
(a) Surrendering attachment to the fruits of action.
(b) Refraining from meat.
(c) Refraining from sex.
(d) Refraining from selfish acts.
6. What are the three gates to self-destructive hell?
(a) Lust, anger, greed.
(b) Purity, love, kindness.
(c) One, two and three.
(d) Indifference, ignorance, humor.
7. What does Krishna say is better than mechanical practice?
8. Who does Krishna say will be swiftly rescued from the cycle of birth and death?
(c) Those for whom enjoyment of the world is the supreme goal.
(d) Those for whom Krishna is the supreme goal.
9. What is the quality of the path to the Unrevealed according to Krishna?
(a) Impossible to miss.
(b) Full of unbearable suffering.
(c) Wide and easy.
(d) Hazardous and slow.
10. Which kind of renunciation is superior according to Krishna?
11. What does Krishna say sattva binds us to?
12. To whom does Krishna give spiritual wisdom?
(a) Krishna gives spiritual wisdom to those steadfast in love and devotion.
(b) Krishna gives spiritual wisdom to those who love eating.
(c) Krishna gives spiritual wisdom to those who offer sacrifices.
(d) Krishna gives spiritual wisdom to those who deny themselves all pleasure.
13. What does Arjuna say is Krishna's body?
(a) A Sheep.
(b) A Cow.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The cosmos.
14. Who does Krishna say is truly his devotee?
(a) One who seeks family as life's supreme goal.
(b) One who seeks Krishna as life's supreme goal.
(c) One who seeks pleasure as life's supreme goal.
(d) One who seeks penance as life's supreme goal.
15. In this chapter, what does Krishna say Brahman may be called?
(a) Friend or foe.
(b) Being or non-being.
(c) Up or down.
(d) Left or right.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grow on the limbs of the ashvattha tree as buds?
2. What kind of food do sattvic people prefer?
3. What is Krishna's motivation for destroying the darkness of ignorance?
4. What does Arjuna say Vishnu does to the worlds?
5. What word best describes rajas?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)