|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the ashvattha tree grow?
(a) In water.
(b) Upside down.
2. Who does Krishna say will be swiftly rescued from the cycle of birth and death?
(b) Those for whom enjoyment of the world is the supreme goal.
(c) Those for whom Krishna is the supreme goal.
3. What does Krisha say it is not fitting to renounce?
(a) One's selfish desires.
(b) The fruits of one's actions.
(c) One's responsibilities.
(d) One's sensual desires.
4. What kind of renunciation is sannyasa?
(a) Refraining from selfish acts.
(b) Refraining from meat.
(c) Refraining from sex.
(d) Surrendering attachment to the fruits of action.
5. What is Krishna's motivation for destroying the darkness of ignorance?
6. Among the luminaries what is Krishna?
(a) The Dragon Lamp.
(b) The Moon.
(c) The Sun.
(d) The Big Dipper.
7. If Arjuna is unable to still his mind, what does Krishna recommend?
(a) Krishna recommends that Arjuna give up because he will never attain the supreme goal.
(b) Krishna recommends that Arjuna learn to still his mind through the regular practice of meditation.
(c) Krishna has no further recommendations.
(d) Krishna recommends that Arjuna find a loving wife to absorb his thoughts.
8. What does the one Krishna loves live beyond the reach of?
(a) "I" and "mine."
(b) Love and affection.
(c) Wit and cleverness.
(d) "We" and "ours."
9. In this chapter, what does Krishna say Brahman may be called?
(a) Up or down.
(b) Friend or foe.
(c) Being or non-being.
(d) Left or right.
10. What does Krishna say sattva binds us to?
11. Where does Krishna say Brahman dwells?
(a) In the heart.
(c) In the head.
(d) In the hands.
12. What does Krishna say tamas binds us to?
13. What word best describes tamas?
14. What does Arjuna ask of Krishna in this chapter?
(a) Arjuna asks to know Krishna's long term plans.
(b) Arjuna asks to know Krishna's deepest darkest secrets.
(c) Arjuna asks to know Krishna's hopes and dreams.
(d) Arjuna asks to know all of Krishna's divine attributes.
15. What does Krishna say Arjuna needs in order to see what he desires to see?
(b) Spiritual vision.
(c) Physically perfect vision.
(d) A great deal of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the attitude toward praise and blame for a devotee of Krishna?
2. Which of these qualities does Krishna say makes a person more inhuman?
3. Who does Arjuna say knows Krishna's real nature?
4. What does Arjuna say Vishnu does to the worlds?
5. What does Arjuna tell Krishna he longs for at the beginning of this chapter?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)