|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Krishna say will be swiftly rescued from the cycle of birth and death?
(a) Those for whom Krishna is the supreme goal.
(d) Those for whom enjoyment of the world is the supreme goal.
2. Who does Krishna say is truly his devotee?
(a) One who seeks penance as life's supreme goal.
(b) One who seeks family as life's supreme goal.
(c) One who seeks pleasure as life's supreme goal.
(d) One who seeks Krishna as life's supreme goal.
3. Krishna speaks of how many great sages?
4. What arises in the body?
(a) Pleasure and Pain.
(c) All of these.
5. What are the three gates to self-destructive hell?
(a) Lust, anger, greed.
(b) One, two and three.
(c) Indifference, ignorance, humor.
(d) Purity, love, kindness.
6. How does Krishna's devotee look upon friend and foe?
(a) Krishna's devotee looks on both with equal regard.
(b) Krishna's devotee hates friends and loves foes.
(c) Krishna's devotee interacts with no one.
(d) Krishna's devotee loves friends and hates foes.
7. What does Arjuna say is Krishna's place among the gods?
8. Who does Arjuna say knows Krishna's real nature?
(a) Neither good people nor bad.
(b) Neither gods nor demons.
(c) Neither children nor adults.
(d) Neither mothers nor fathers.
9. What does Arjuna say Vishnu does to the worlds?
(a) Arjuna says Vishnu laps the worlds into his burning mouth and swallows them.
(b) Arjuna say Vishnu breathes light into the world.
(c) Arjuna says Vishnu stands before the world and stomps on every single living thing.
(d) Arjuna says Vishnu blows out the light of the world.
10. What does Krishna say is better than mechanical practice?
11. In this chapter, what does Krishna say Brahman may be called?
(a) Being or non-being.
(b) Left or right.
(c) Up or down.
(d) Friend or foe.
12. What does Krishna say rajas binds us to?
13. What does Krishna say sattva binds us to?
14. What is the destiny of those who are selfish and malicious?
(a) These souls are destined to be born to parents with the same tendencies.
(b) These souls are bound to be sent to heaven.
(c) These souls have no destiny.
(d) These souls are bound to plumbers.
15. Through what does Krishna say he nourishes all plants?
(a) The moon.
(b) The sun.
(c) Plant food.
(d) A plastic watering can
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Krishna tell Arjuna to still his mind?
2. Which of these qualities does Krishna say makes a person more inhuman?
3. What does the Self act through?
4. What does the one Krishna loves live beyond the reach of?
5. Where does Krishna say Brahman dwells?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)