|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Krishna's devotee look upon friend and foe?
(a) Krishna's devotee hates friends and loves foes.
(b) Krishna's devotee loves friends and hates foes.
(c) Krishna's devotee looks on both with equal regard.
(d) Krishna's devotee interacts with no one.
2. Who is the author of the scriptures?
3. How does the ashvattha tree grow?
(a) Upside down.
(c) In water.
4. What is Krishna's motivation for destroying the darkness of ignorance?
5. Krishna speaks of how many great sages?
6. Among mountains what is Krishna?
(a) The Andes.
(b) The Rockies.
(c) The Himalayas.
(d) The Alps.
7. Who does Krishna tell Arjuna is the most established in yoga?
(a) Those who set their hearts on Krishna and worship him with unwavering devotion and faith.
(b) Those who sit with their eyes closed longer than anyone else.
(c) Those who enjoy material existence fully.
(d) Those who practice daily rituals morning, noon and night.
8. What is the one Krishna loves incapable of?
(a) Ill will.
9. Who does Arjuna say knows Krishna's real nature?
(a) Neither good people nor bad.
(b) Neither children nor adults.
(c) Neither gods nor demons.
(d) Neither mothers nor fathers.
10. Krishna speaks of how many ancient ancestors?
11. What word best describes tamas?
12. What do those whose faith is sattvic worship?
(b) Forms of God.
(c) Spirits and ghosts.
(d) Power and wealth.
13. What does Krishna say will befall all the warriors on the field of dharma with or without Arjuna's participation?
(a) The warriors will laugh.
(b) The warriors will live.
(c) The warriors will feed on the blood of the innocent.
(d) The warriors will die.
14. What does Krishna say sattva binds us to?
15. Why do neither gods nor sages know Krishna's origins?
(a) Because gods and sages are foolish.
(b) Because Krishna is the source of gods and sages.
(c) Because gods and sages do not care.
(d) Because Krishna is very secretive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krishna charge Arjuna to cultivate?
2. Where does Krishna say Brahman dwells?
3. What does Krishna say Arjuna needs in order to see what he desires to see?
4. What do those who strive resolutely on the path to yoga see?
5. What do those whose faith is tamasic worship?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)