|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the birth and dissolution of the cosmos take place according to Krishna?
(a) Far, far away from Earth.
(b) In Krishna.
(c) In the center of the galaxy.
(d) In the center of the human heart.
2. What does Krishna tell Arjuna is the goal of all work?
(b) Spiritual wisdom.
(d) Divine favor.
3. What happens to the one who knows Krishna as his own divine Self?
(a) He breaks through the belief that he is the body and is not reborn as a separate creature.
(b) He vanishes from existence, his physical essence consumed by the fire of God's knowledge.
(c) He understands his true nature to be his body.
(d) He understands all things and is reborn as someone stronger and more successful.
4. What do the six months of the northern path of the sun lead souls to?
(a) These months lead souls to liberation.
(b) These months lead souls to rebirth.
(c) These months lead souls to pleasure.
(d) These months lead souls to sadness.
5. For what do the wise work according to Krishna?
(a) Their family.
(b) The welfare of the whole world.
(d) Their own profit.
6. According to Krishna, what is beheld by only a few?
(a) The thrill of battle.
(b) The glory of the Self.
(c) The terror of death.
(d) The rising sun.
7. What souls live in the body as its master?
(a) Those who enjoy material existence.
(b) Those who renounce attachment in all their deeds.
(c) Those who honor their father and mother.
(d) Those who live for bodily pleasure.
8. What do those who have completely purified themselves see?
(a) They see beauty in every sunset.
(b) They see ugliness in cruel creatures.
(c) They see visions of the future.
(d) They see the Self in every creature.
9. According to Krishna, what binds a person to continual rebirth?
(a) Attachment to the fruits of one's actions.
(b) Worship of false gods.
10. Who assembles the army of the Pandavas?
11. After Arjuna sinks into despair and falls silent what does Krishna say to him?
(a) Krishna stabs Arjuna in the hand.
(b) Krishna laughs at Arjuna and urges him not to take life quite so seriously.
(c) Krishna says Arjuna speaks with sincerity but his sorrow is without cause.
(d) Krishna rebukes Arjuna for weeping like a woman.
12. Krishna says that even if Arjuna were the most sinful of sinners he could cross beyond all sin. How?
(a) Krishna says Arjuna could go live alone in the mountains and be forgiven because of his sacrifice.
(b) Krishna says if Arjuna sells all of his possession he could cross beyond all sin.
(c) Krishna says Arjuna could cross beyond all sin with spiritual wisdom.
(d) Krishna says Arjuna could cross beyond all sin by sharing Krishna's wisdom with another.
13. According to Krishna, what do those who excel control?
14. Who may be regarded as Krishna's very Self?
(a) The weak.
(b) The virtuous.
(c) The wise.
(d) The foolish.
15. What souls are bound in everything they do according to Krishna?
(a) Those souls who see the Self in all.
(b) Those souls whose minds are unified.
(c) Those souls whose desires are fragmented.
(d) Those souls who offer everything to Brahman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives in freedom according to Krishna?
2. According to Krishna, what may no one gain perfection by abstaining from?
3. According to Krishna, what have those done who are established in the Self?
4. What is adhiyajna?
5. Who does Krishna say is the supreme poet?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)