|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who assembles the army of the Pandavas?
2. What does Krishna say the syllable Om represents?
(a) The power of forgiveness.
(d) The changeless Brahman.
3. How does Krishna say the true Self may be realized?
(a) Through the practice of good works.
(b) Through undivided love.
(c) Through a lifetime of laughter.
(d) Through seclusion.
4. According to Krishna what happens to us when our body is worn out?
(a) We realize we have never been anything but our body.
(b) We treat our body very delicately.
(c) Our inner self acquires a new body.
(d) Our life comes to an end.
5. Krishna says that even if Arjuna were the most sinful of sinners he could cross beyond all sin. How?
(a) Krishna says if Arjuna sells all of his possession he could cross beyond all sin.
(b) Krishna says Arjuna could cross beyond all sin with spiritual wisdom.
(c) Krishna says Arjuna could cross beyond all sin by sharing Krishna's wisdom with another.
(d) Krishna says Arjuna could go live alone in the mountains and be forgiven because of his sacrifice.
6. What is adhibhuta?
(a) Krishna's daughter.
(b) The imperishable Brahman.
(c) The perishable body.
(d) Krishna's son.
7. What is the path for aspirants seeking to climb the mountain of spiritual awareness according to Krishna?
(b) Selfless work.
(c) Pleasure seeking.
(d) Playing music.
8. For what do the ignorant work according to Krishna?
(a) The welfare of the whole world.
(b) Their family.
(d) Their own profit.
9. How does Krishna urge Arjuna to reshape himself?
(a) Through the power of his will.
(b) Through the power of his heart.
(c) Through the power of his muscles.
(d) Through the power of his mind.
10. According to Krishna, what fulfills all human desire?
(a) The Father, Son and Holy spirit.
(b) The Devas.
(c) The Upanishads.
(d) The Devil.
11. Who may be regarded as Krishna's very Self?
(a) The virtuous.
(b) The wise.
(c) The foolish.
(d) The weak.
12. What has the person done, who indulges his senses for his own pleasure, ignoring the needs of others, according to Krishna?
(a) Harmed no one.
(b) Worshipped God.
(c) Wasted his life.
(d) Discovered the meaning of life.
13. According to Krishna, what happens to those who perform all their actions in the spirit of service?
(a) Their karma is dissolved.
(b) They are born into a lower caste.
(c) They are to be considered fools.
(d) Their children are happy.
14. Where should one meditate?
(a) On the lowest spot that may be found.
(b) On a clean spot, neither too high nor too low.
(c) On the highest spot that may be found.
(d) On ungroomed soil.
15. When does Krishna say judgment is clouded?
(a) Judgement is clouded when it is obscured by ignorance.
(b) Judgement is clouded when it is obscured by joy.
(c) Judgement is clouded when it is obscured by emotion.
(d) Judgement is clouded when it is obscured by anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Krishna say will come to him?
2. What is the path of jnana?
3. What does Sri Krishna counsel Arjuna to do?
4. After Arjuna sinks into despair and falls silent what does Krishna say to him?
5. What is adhyatma?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)