|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the person done, who indulges his senses for his own pleasure, ignoring the needs of others, according to Krishna?
(a) Worshipped God.
(b) Harmed no one.
(c) Discovered the meaning of life.
(d) Wasted his life.
2. What do the foolish not look beyond?
(a) Physical appearances.
(b) Their nose.
(c) Their inner Self.
(d) Their doorway.
3. What does Krishna say the syllable Om represents?
(b) The changeless Brahman.
(c) The power of forgiveness.
4. How does Arjuna respond to Sri Krishna's advice from the previous chapter?
(a) Arjuna says Krishna's advice seems inconsistent.
(b) Arjuna says Krishna's advice is very wise.
(c) Arjuna says Krishna's advice is foolish.
(d) Arjuna says Krishna's advice is inspiring.
5. What does Arjuna believe will happen to him if he kills Bhishma and Drona?
(a) Arjuna will win a great prize.
(b) Every pleasure Arjuna finds will be tainted.
(c) Arjuna's life will be filled with peace.
(d) Arjuna will turn into a pumpkin.
6. Unto whom does Krishna say abiding joy comes?
(a) To those who give all of their possessions to the poor.
(b) To those who still their mind.
(c) To those who accomplish many good works.
(d) To those who do not judge others.
7. How does Krishna urge Arjuna to reshape himself?
(a) Through the power of his will.
(b) Through the power of his mind.
(c) Through the power of his muscles.
(d) Through the power of his heart.
8. Who does Krishna say will come to him?
(a) Those who remember him at the time of death.
(c) Those who remember him at birth.
(d) Those who remember him all their lives.
9. According to Krishna, who thinks always, "I am not the doer?"
(a) Those without consciousness.
(b) Those whose consciousness is divided.
(c) Those with hightened consciousness.
(d) Those whose consciousness is unified.
10. What two paths did Krishna at the beginning of time for the pure of heart?
(a) The straight path and the narrow path.
(b) The contemplative path of spiritual wisdom and the active path of selfless service.
(c) The wide path and the smooth path.
(d) The path of sages and the path of kings.
11. What is adhidaiva?
(a) The supreme sacrifice.
(b) The imperishable Brahman.
(c) Krishna's son.
(d) The eternal spirit.
12. Who attains the goal of yoga according to Krishna?
(a) Those who lack energy.
(b) Those who enjoy sensual pleasure.
(c) Those who work without expectation of reward.
(d) Those who refrain from action.
13. Who lives in freedom according to Krishna?
(a) Those who have a secure family life.
(b) Those who have amassed great wealth.
(c) Those who have gone beyond the dualities of life.
(d) Those who fill their lives with pleasure and root out all unpleasantness.
14. According to Krishna, what is beheld by only a few?
(a) The rising sun.
(b) The terror of death.
(c) The thrill of battle.
(d) The glory of the Self.
15. According to Krishna, what binds a person to continual rebirth?
(b) Worship of false gods.
(c) Attachment to the fruits of one's actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arjuna do at the very end of the chapter?
2. According to Krishna, what have those done who are established in the Self?
3. How does Krishna say the wise master their senses?
4. For what do the ignorant work according to Krishna?
5. What is adhyatma?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)