|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krishna say is his true nature?
(a) The peace of death.
(b) The joy of birth.
(c) Lightness of heart.
(d) Transcendant of birth and death.
2. What does Krishna say is the fate of those who have no faith in the supreme law of life?
(a) They are sent to hell.
(b) They never die.
(c) They pass into nirvana.
(d) They pass from death to death.
3. What does Krishna tell Arjuna about the world of the senses?
(a) The world of the senses does not exist.
(b) Pleasures conceived in the world of the senses have a beginning and an end and give birth to misery.
(c) The world of the senses is the source of salvation.
(d) The world of the senses can lead an aspirant astray at first, but later may offer salvation.
4. What does Krishna say is his action?
(a) Krishna has no action.
(b) Laughing and playing.
(c) Destruction and the dissolution of the universe.
(d) Creation and the bringing forth of creatures.
5. What happens when the women of a family become corrupt according to Arjuna?
(a) There is no one to cook meals.
(b) Everyone mourns.
(c) Society is plunged into chaos.
(d) The men clap their hands.
6. How many people does Krishna say will seek perfection?
(a) One person in many thousands.
(b) Many millions.
(c) One person in many hundreds.
(d) One person in many millions.
7. What is Krishna's true being?
(a) Hilarious and uplifting.
(b) Misery and suffering.
(c) Unborn and changeless.
(d) Temporal and passing.
8. According to Sri Krishna, nothing is higher than what for a warrior?
(a) Dying in battle.
(b) A peaceful settlement of a conflict.
(c) A war against evil.
(d) A war against relations.
9. What does Krishna say is the only friend of the Self?
(a) The heart.
(c) The mind.
(d) The will.
10. Who does Krishna say is the sum of all knowledge?
(a) Krishna says that he is.
(b) Krishna says Vishnu is.
(c) Krishna says Dhritarashtra is.
(d) Krishna says Sanjaya is.
11. According to Krishna, who thinks always, "I am not the doer?"
(a) Those without consciousness.
(b) Those with hightened consciousness.
(c) Those whose consciousness is divided.
(d) Those whose consciousness is unified.
12. When does Krishna say judgment is clouded?
(a) Judgement is clouded when it is obscured by emotion.
(b) Judgement is clouded when it is obscured by ignorance.
(c) Judgement is clouded when it is obscured by joy.
(d) Judgement is clouded when it is obscured by anger.
13. According to Krishna, what may no one gain perfection by abstaining from?
14. What happens to the one who knows Krishna as his own divine Self?
(a) He breaks through the belief that he is the body and is not reborn as a separate creature.
(b) He vanishes from existence, his physical essence consumed by the fire of God's knowledge.
(c) He understands his true nature to be his body.
(d) He understands all things and is reborn as someone stronger and more successful.
15. According to Krishna which of the following is highest?
(a) The mind.
(b) The body.
(c) The Atman.
(d) The intellect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Arjuna when he surveys the armies?
2. Where do devotees of Krishna come?
3. According to Krishna, what is worse than death for a man of honor?
4. How does Krishna urge Arjuna to reshape himself?
5. Who attains the goal of yoga according to Krishna?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)