|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Religion by Renouncing Fruit of Works.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what do the wise work according to Krishna?
(a) Their own profit.
(b) Their family.
(c) The welfare of the whole world.
2. Where do the paths of the practice of selfless action and the renunciation of action lead?
(b) Heaven and hell respectively.
(c) Different goals.
(d) The same goal.
3. After Arjuna sinks into despair and falls silent what does Krishna say to him?
(a) Krishna laughs at Arjuna and urges him not to take life quite so seriously.
(b) Krishna stabs Arjuna in the hand.
(c) Krishna rebukes Arjuna for weeping like a woman.
(d) Krishna says Arjuna speaks with sincerity but his sorrow is without cause.
4. What does Arjuna do at the very end of the chapter?
(a) Arjuna throws down his bow and arrow and sits down in his chariot in the middle of the battle field.
(b) Arjuna collapses weeping in the arms of Sri Krishna, and begs to be taken to his palace.
(c) Arjuna says emphatically that he no longer wishes to dwell on earth, and promptly ascends into heaven.
(d) Arjuna commands his army to charge, and he is shot through the heart with an arrow.
5. Who lives in freedom according to Krishna?
(a) Those who have amassed great wealth.
(b) Those who have a secure family life.
(c) Those who have gone beyond the dualities of life.
(d) Those who fill their lives with pleasure and root out all unpleasantness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the women of a family become corrupt according to Arjuna?
2. According to Krishna, how may one be released from Karma?
3. When does Krishna say judgment is clouded?
4. What is the dwelling place of those who have destroyed their family dharma?
5. What souls are bound in everything they do according to Krishna?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)