Book 1, Bhagavadgita: Chapter 1, The Distress of Arjuna
• Dhritarashtra importunes Sanjaya to relate to him the events that transpired on the field of dharma where his family gathered to fight the Pandavas.
• Sanjaya describes the opposing forces arrayed for battle.
• Arjuna commands Krishna to drive his forces between the two armies that he might see those who desire to fight him.
• Arjuna sees that his own relatives are lined up to fight against him.
• Arjuna falls into paralyzing despair.
• Arjuna throws down his weapons and sits in his chariot.
Chapter 2, The Book of Doctrines
• Krishna tells Arjuna that his despair is unworthy of him.
• Krishna urges Arjuna to rise up and destroy the enemy.
• Arjuna asks Krishna how he can justify fighting against and perhaps killing his own relatives.
• Krishna explains to Arjuna his sorrow has no cause because the deepest nature of all of us can never be...
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)