|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Queen's butler sipping when he got word that he had to serve breakfast for the Queen, Sophie, and the BFG?
2. What does the Queen do when she sees the BFG in Chapter 19?
3. In the first boy's dream that Sophie reads about in Chapter 14, what does the boy make?
4. In Chapter 19, what is the name of the girls' school where 18 girls disappeared from their beds?
5. As the BFG mixes a dream for the Queen, what color blob does Sophie see tumbling from one jar to another?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the BFG know what a dream is about?
2. In Chapter 14, where are the giants going to get humans to eat?
3. What is happening in England while the BFG, Sophie, and the Army, and Air Force are capturing the giants?
4. What does the BFG plan to feed the giants?
5. What do the giants look and sound like when they're sleeping?
6. How does the BFG get into the ballroom?
7. What did the Queen dream at the end of her dream?
8. Where do the BFG and Sophie live after the giants are captured?
9. In Chapter 19, what story is in the morning newspaper?
10. How is the Fleshlumpeater captured?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sophie thinks that giant nature is repulsive. How does the BFG compare human nature and giant nature? In what ways are the two similar? In what ways is giant nature superior to human nature? Are there ways in which giant nature is inferior to human nature? Which would be superior according to the BFG—human or giant nature? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The BFG stands by his beliefs. What are some of the principles that the BFG has? How does he stick by his principles no matter what? Does he ever let inconvenience or nastiness stand in the way of doing what he thinks is right?
Essay Topic 3
Sophie and the BFG demonstrate acts of bravery. What are some acts of bravery are demonstrated by Sophie and the BFG? How do both Sophie and the BFG move beyond what is comfortable for them to doing things that require great bravery?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)