|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the sun as it rises in Chapter 4?
2. What sounds can Sophie hear at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. How long are the Giant's strides when he is running carrying Sophie?
4. In Chapter 1, how long have the other children been asleep?
5. Where does Sophie first hide when Bloodbottler comes to the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sophie think when she tastes the frobscottle?
2. What is a trogglehumper?
3. What does the Giant do after looking in the Goochey children's bedroom window?
4. Where does Sophie think the BFG should get food, and why does he not get food from there?
5. What does Sophie see at the end of Chapter 1 when she looks out the window?
6. What is the Giant wearing in Chapter 4?
7. In Chapter 1, what is keeping Sophie awake?
8. What does the BFG want Sophie to teach him to make in Chapter 7 and why?
9. What is the desolate wasteland like where the Giant takes Sophie?
10. Where did Sophie live before the BFG kidnapped her and what was it like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The BFG has never gone to school. What is the difference between intelligence and education? Would the BFG be considered educated? Would he be considered intelligent? Why and in what ways?
Essay Topic 2
The BFG has been bringing dreams to children throughout his life. What have been some of his dreams? How are his dreams realized in the novel? How has the type of person that he is contributed to his achieving his dreams?
Essay Topic 3
The BFG stands by his beliefs. What are some of the principles that the BFG has? How does he stick by his principles no matter what? Does he ever let inconvenience or nastiness stand in the way of doing what he thinks is right?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)