|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the BFG want Sophie to make him so he can ride it?
2. What happens if a child gets out of bed after lights-out at the beginning of the book?
3. How large are the seeds of the snozzcumber?
4. What hint of fruit flavor does Sophie taste in the frobscottle?
5. How much taller are the other giants than the BFG?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the BFG want Sophie to teach him to make in Chapter 7 and why?
2. What do the giants do with the BFG when he comes outside in Chapter 11 to go to Dream Country?
3. What is the desolate wasteland like where the Giant takes Sophie?
4. What does the Giant do after looking in the Goochey children's bedroom window?
5. What does Sophie see at the end of Chapter 1 when she looks out the window?
6. Why does the Bloodbottler come to the BFG's cave?
7. What happens when Bloodbottler eats snozzcumber?
8. What happens shortly after Sophie hides in her bed in Chapter 3?
9. Why does Sophie jump back into her bed and hide under a blanket at the end of Chapter 2?
10. What is a trogglehumper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The BFG stands by his beliefs. What are some of the principles that the BFG has? How does he stick by his principles no matter what? Does he ever let inconvenience or nastiness stand in the way of doing what he thinks is right?
Essay Topic 2
The other giants bully the BFG. In what way do the other giants bully the BFG? How does the BFG usually react to their bullying? Is he resorting to bullying and revenge when he uses the nightmare on another giant?
Essay Topic 3
Sophie has a limited view of the world before she meets the BFG. What are some of the prejudices she has? How does the BFG broaden her view of the world? How do her ideas about the world change because of her conversations with the BFG?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)