|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall of a table does the butler think will be needed for the BFG?
(a) 15 feet.
(b) 12 feet.
(c) 14 feet.
(d) 16 feet.
2. What does the Ruler of India send the BFG in Chapter 24?
(a) A hippopotamus.
(b) An elephant.
3. What is the name of the Palace butler?
(a) Mr. Peters.
(b) Mr. Smythe.
(c) Mr. Tibbs.
(d) Mr. Gibbs.
4. In Chapter 15, who does the BFG say that the Fleshlumpeater would really like to eat?
(a) The President.
(b) The King.
(c) The Prime Minister.
(d) The Queen.
5. In Chapter 18, how long does the BFG say that some dreams take?
(a) About 2 hours.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) An hour.
(d) 45 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color dress is Sophie wearing when she arrives for breakfast in Chapter 20?
2. What type of house is built for Sophie?
3. What does the Queen do when she sees the BFG in Chapter 19?
4. How long has the BFG had a book that he borrowed?
5. How many fried eggs does the BFG eat in Chapter 20 before the eggs run out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who sees the BFG in Chapter 19, and what happens when he sees the BFG?
2. What did the Queen dream at the end of her dream?
3. Where will the BFG wait for Sophie, and how will she summon him when she is ready?
4. How does the BFG know what a dream is about?
5. What does Sophie see when the giants pass her and the BFG on their way home?
6. What do the Head of the Army and Head of the Air Force do when the BFG tells them what will happen if the giants wake up?
7. In Chapter 14, where are the giants going to get humans to eat?
8. What happens when the Head of the Army hears the giants snoring?
9. Why does the Head of the Air Force become frightened as he rides in one of the helicopters following the BFG in Chapter 22?
10. How did the BFG learn to read and write?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)