|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many grandfather clocks does the butler ask the footmen to bring to him in Chapter 20?
2. In the second dream that Sophie reads about in Chapter 14, what happens?
(a) Child has a party.
(b) Teacher falls asleep.
(c) Child has a great test score.
(d) Child rescues someone.
3. What is the name of the Palace butler?
(a) Mr. Gibbs.
(b) Mr. Peters.
(c) Mr. Tibbs.
(d) Mr. Smythe.
4. In the first boy's dream that Sophie reads about in Chapter 14, what does the boy make?
(c) Suction boots.
5. Where is a house built for the BFG at the Queen's order?
(a) Windsor Great Park.
(b) Green Park.
(c) St. James' s Park.
(d) Hyde Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many helicopters does the BFG say will be needed to capture the giants?
2. Who is being saved in the nice dream that the BFG caught?
3. In Chapter 22, how many times has the BFG traveled to or from Giant Country in daylight?
4. In Chapter 22, how many soldiers are in each of the jeeps that drive out of each helicopter?
5. In Chapter 22, how many giants awaken when the soldiers capture them?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Fleshlumpeater captured?
2. What did the Queen dream at the end of her dream?
3. Where do the BFG and Sophie live after the giants are captured?
4. Why does the Head of the Air Force become frightened as he rides in one of the helicopters following the BFG in Chapter 22?
5. How does the BFG know what a dream is about?
6. What does Sophie see when the giants pass her and the BFG on their way home?
7. Who sees the BFG in Chapter 19, and what happens when he sees the BFG?
8. What is the plan to capture the giants?
9. How is Sophie situated as she goes along with the BFG to the Queen's palace?
10. How does Sophie direct the BFG to get into the palace grounds?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)