|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Palace butler?
(a) Mr. Smythe.
(b) Mr. Gibbs.
(c) Mr. Peters.
(d) Mr. Tibbs.
2. How many bubbles fill the cave after the BFG finishes mixing the dream for the Queen?
(b) Hundreds of thousands.
3. How many of the giants dreams are loaded on each jeep in Chapter 22?
(b) More than 5,000.
(c) About 8,000.
4. In Chapter 16, about how long does it take the BFG to find all the dreams he wants for the Queen's dream?
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) 20 minutes.
5. How old does a BFG say that a 50-year-old human actually is because of the time spent sleeping?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color dressing gown does the Queen put on before Sophie calls the BFG in Chapter 19?
2. In Chapter 22, how many soldiers are in each of the jeeps that drive out of each helicopter?
3. How long has the BFG had a book that he borrowed?
4. How many times does the clock strike at the beginning of Chapter 19?
5. In Chapter 15, who does the BFG say that the Fleshlumpeater would really like to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sophie see when the giants pass her and the BFG on their way home?
2. How does the BFG move through the Palace garden?
3. How does the capturing of the giants go at first?
4. Where do the BFG and Sophie live after the giants are captured?
5. How did the BFG learn to read and write?
6. What does the Queen's bedroom look like?
7. What is happening in England while the BFG, Sophie, and the Army, and Air Force are capturing the giants?
8. Why does the Queen not want her maid to get rid of Sophie when they see Sophie sitting on the windowsill?
9. Who sees the BFG in Chapter 19, and what happens when he sees the BFG?
10. How is Sophie situated as she goes along with the BFG to the Queen's palace?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)