|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours do most giants sleep?
(a) Five or six.
(b) Four or five.
(c) Three or four.
(d) Two or three.
2. What color stone is the Queen's palace made from?
3. How many eggs is the BFG served for his first course of breakfast in Chapter 20?
4. What does the BFG do before he leaves Sophie at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) Rubs her back.
(b) Gives her a one-fingered hug.
(c) Smooths her hair.
(d) Kisses her cheek.
5. What authors does the BFG read all of their works?
(a) Dickens and Shakespeare.
(b) Tolstoy and Bronte.
(c) Steinbeck and Twain.
(d) Fitzgerald and Hawthorne.
6. What is the name of the person who brings the Queen her breakfast in Chapter 19?
7. In the first boy's dream that Sophie reads about in Chapter 14, what does the boy make?
(d) Suction boots.
8. When Sophie stares at the finished dream/nightmare for the Queen, what tinges of color does she see deep inside the trogglehumper?
9. What does the King of Arabia send as a gift in Chapter 24?
10. Who does Fleshlumpeater think is after him in Chapter 13?
11. How many times does the clock strike at the beginning of Chapter 19?
12. How many blobs can Sophie see in the BFG's mixing jar as he mixes the Queen's dream?
13. What is Sophie wearing when she and the BFG go to deliver the nightmare to the Queen?
(c) T-shirt and jeans.
14. How many years does the BFG say that Sophie has spent sleeping?
15. In Chapter 21, how many years does the Head of the Army say that he has been getting reports from all over the world about people disappearing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What jewelry is Sophie wearing in Chapter 20?
2. In Chapter 16, about how long does it take the BFG to find all the dreams he wants for the Queen's dream?
3. What do the BFG and Sophie see in the palace gardens in Chapter 18?
4. In Chapter 22, how long does it take to tie of eight of the giants?
5. When the nightmare is blown toward a giant, what color is seen darting toward the giant's face?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)