|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Panama send as a gift in Chapter 24?
2. How many helicopters does the BFG say will be needed to capture the giants?
3. What color dress is Sophie wearing when she arrives for breakfast in Chapter 20?
4. How many years does the BFG say that Sophie has spent sleeping?
5. What is Sophie wearing when she and the BFG go to deliver the nightmare to the Queen?
(c) T-shirt and jeans.
6. What does the BFG write about his past life before he writes a book?
(c) Bedtime stories.
(d) Short stories.
7. In Chapter 22, how many giants awaken when the soldiers capture them?
8. Where does Sophie sit as the BFG goes to deliver the nightmare to the Queen?
(a) A bag around his neck.
(b) His right ear.
(c) His cloak pocket.
(d) His left ear.
9. Who does Fleshlumpeater think is after him in Chapter 13?
10. What does the King of Arabia send as a gift in Chapter 24?
11. What is the name of the royal chef?
(a) Mr. Beaubois.
(b) Mr. Charbonneau.
(c) Mr. Papillion.
(d) Mr. Gigot.
12. How many of the giants dreams are loaded on each jeep in Chapter 22?
(b) More than 5,000.
(c) About 8,000.
13. How many hours do most giants sleep?
(a) Four or five.
(b) Three or four.
(c) Five or six.
(d) Two or three.
14. Which giant almost escapes in Chapter 22?
15. What authors does the BFG read all of their works?
(a) Dickens and Shakespeare.
(b) Steinbeck and Twain.
(c) Fitzgerald and Hawthorne.
(d) Tolstoy and Bronte.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Queen do when she sees the BFG in Chapter 19?
2. When the nightmare is blown toward a giant, what color is seen darting toward the giant's face?
3. In Chapter 14, what does the BFG say is alive, but no one feeds it?
4. How many winks do the giants have before hunting human beans in the evening?
5. When Sophie stares at the finished dream/nightmare for the Queen, what tinges of color does she see deep inside the trogglehumper?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)