|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of house is built for Sophie?
(d) Carriage House.
2. Who is being saved in the nice dream that the BFG caught?
3. What do the BFG and Sophie see in the palace gardens in Chapter 18?
(c) Man and dog.
4. How many times does the clock strike at the beginning of Chapter 19?
5. Where does the BFG go to wait while the Queen has her nightmare?
(b) Hyde Park.
(c) Behind a statue.
6. As the BFG mixes a dream for the Queen, what color blob does Sophie see tumbling from one jar to another?
7. How many bubbles fill the cave after the BFG finishes mixing the dream for the Queen?
(b) Hundreds of thousands.
8. In Chapter 22, how many times has the BFG traveled to or from Giant Country in daylight?
9. How many grandfather clocks does the butler ask the footmen to bring to him in Chapter 20?
10. What is the name of the Palace butler?
(a) Mr. Smythe.
(b) Mr. Gibbs.
(c) Mr. Tibbs.
(d) Mr. Peters.
11. In the first boy's dream that Sophie reads about in Chapter 14, what does the boy make?
(c) Suction boots.
12. How many fried eggs does the BFG eat in Chapter 20 before the eggs run out?
13. On which giant does the BFG blow the nightmare he caught?
14. What is Sophie wearing when she and the BFG go to deliver the nightmare to the Queen?
(b) T-shirt and jeans.
15. When the nightmare is blown toward a giant, what color is seen darting toward the giant's face?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the thing that Sophie sees in the jar in Chapter 14?
2. In Chapter 22, how long does it take to tie of eight of the giants?
3. How many men worked through the night creating a place to put the giants while the BFG, Sophie, and the military went to capture the giants?
4. What was the Queen's butler sipping when he got word that he had to serve breakfast for the Queen, Sophie, and the BFG?
5. In Chapter 17, how high do the BFG's strides take him into the air as he goes to deliver the nightmare to the Queen?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)