|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can be bought at Mrs. Rance's shop?
(a) Buttons, wool, and elastic.
(c) Hats and gloves.
(d) Lace and feathers.
2. What is the only thing that grows in giant country?
3. What color is frobscottle?
4. In Chapter 4, how many rivers does the Gian leap over?
(c) Half a dozen.
5. What sounds can Sophie hear at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Someone whistling.
(c) Cars driving by.
(d) Someone walking on the pavement.
6. How old was Sophie when her parents died?
(b) A baby.
7. What are the names of the Goochey children?
(a) Stephen and Amy.
(b) Richard and Anne.
(c) Michael and Jane.
(d) Martin and Ellen.
8. How many times taller is the being that Sophie sees in Chapter 2 than most humans?
(a) Four times.
(b) Two times.
(c) Three times.
(d) Five times.
9. What does Sophie compare the wind she feels as the BFG runs at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Ocean breeze.
10. What color are the Giant's eyes?
11. What simile is used to describe the moonbeam in Chapter 1?
(a) Silver blade.
(b) Ray of sunshine.
(d) Polished dagger.
12. What is the first type of dream that the BFG catches?
13. What does the BFG wish he could do with the other giants?
(a) Put them in prison.
(b) Disappear them.
(c) Get them to eat snozzcumbers.
(d) Move them far, far away.
14. What is the name of the woman who runs the orphanage where Sophie lived?
(a) Mrs. Squeakers.
(b) Mrs. Jones.
(c) Mrs. Peters.
(d) Mrs. Clonkers.
15. For what reasons are children allowed out of bed at the place Sophie lives as the book begins?
(a) To go to the lavatory.
(b) If they are sick.
(c) If they can't sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the nightmare look like when captured in a jar?
2. What color is the tongue of the Fleshlumpeating Giant?
3. What do the giants wear in Chapter 6?
4. What is the Giant wearing that Sophie sees at the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. How large are the seeds of the snozzcumber?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)