|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the rims of Sophie's glasses made from?
(c) Tortoise shell.
(d) Imitation gold.
2. How quiet does the BFG want Sophie to be in Chapter 12?
(a) Like a bug.
(b) Like a mouse.
(c) Like a whisper.
(d) Like a breeze.
3. What can be bought at Mrs. Rance's shop?
(a) Hats and gloves.
(c) Lace and feathers.
(d) Buttons, wool, and elastic.
4. What is the creature doing that Sophie sees at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Peering into basement windows.
(b) Crawling down the street.
(c) Peering into upstairs windows.
(d) Running down the street.
5. What street does the Giant run down after he snatches Sophie?
6. What do humans from Wales taste like?
7. What does the Bloodbottler call the BFG?
8. In Chapter 1, how long have the other children been asleep?
(a) Half the night.
(c) Two hours.
(d) 90 minutes.
9. What do the giants wear in Chapter 6?
(a) A sort of dress.
(b) A sort of short skirt.
(c) Short trousers.
10. What does Sophie think the frobscottle tastes like?
(a) Vanilla and cream.
(b) Milk shake.
(d) Ice cream.
11. How tall is the Bloodbottler?
(a) 75 feet.
(b) 55 feet.
(c) 60 feet.
(d) 50 feet.
12. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does Sophie think that the Giant has in his legs?
13. What simile is used to describe how the houses look when Sophie looks out the window in Chapter 1?
(a) Houses in a slum.
(b) Houses on an ordinary street.
(c) Houses in a nightmare.
(d) Houses in a fairy tale.
14. How many humans does the Bonecrunching Giant eat for supper every night?
15. What color is frobscottle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What hint of fruit flavor does Sophie taste in the frobscottle?
2. In Chapter 4, how many rivers does the Gian leap over?
3. How long does the Giant say that Sophie will have to stay with him?
4. What does Sophie want to drink in Chapter 10?
5. In Chapter 4, what color trousers is the Giant wearing?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)