1. Where is a moonbeam shining in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 1, how long have the other children been asleep?
3. What simile is used to describe the moonbeam in Chapter 1?
4. What sounds can Sophie hear at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. When is the witching hour supposed to occur?
Middle of the night.
6. For what reasons are children allowed out of bed at the place Sophie lives as the book begins?
7. What happens if a child gets out of bed after lights-out at the beginning of the book?
He is punished.
This section contains 3,477 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)