|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reasons are children allowed out of bed at the place Sophie lives as the book begins?
(a) If they are sick.
(b) If they can't sleep.
(c) To go to the lavatory.
2. What does the Bonecrunching Giant say that the humans he eats taste like?
3. How big is the stone that leads to the Giant's secret cave in Chapter 4?
(a) As big as an elephant.
(b) As big as a house.
(c) As big as a dinosaur.
(d) As big as a skyscraper.
4. How much taller are the other giants than the BFG?
(a) 6-8 feet.
(b) 4-5 feet.
5. What does Sophie see coming up the street at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Something tall, black, and very thin.
(d) Something dark, crooked, and stumpy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how many rivers does the Gian leap over?
2. What simile is used to describe how the houses look when Sophie looks out the window in Chapter 1?
3. How many strides does it take for the Giant to cross a river when he is running and carrying Sophie?
4. What do humans from Wales taste like?
5. In Chapter 4, what does it occur to Sophie that she and the Giant are crossing?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)