|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Bonecrunching Giant say that the humans he eats taste like?
2. What simile is used to describe the moonbeam in Chapter 1?
(a) Polished dagger.
(c) Ray of sunshine.
(d) Silver blade.
3. In Chapter 1, how long have the other children been asleep?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Half the night.
(c) 90 minutes.
4. What simile is used to describe how the houses look when Sophie looks out the window in Chapter 1?
(a) Houses in a nightmare.
(b) Houses in a fairy tale.
(c) Houses in a slum.
(d) Houses on an ordinary street.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does Sophie think that the Giant has in his legs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Giant take out of what he is carrying in Chapter 2?
2. What can be bought at Mrs. Rance's shop?
3. For what reasons are children allowed out of bed at the place Sophie lives as the book begins?
4. How long are the Giant's strides when he is running carrying Sophie?
5. What happens if a child gets out of bed after lights-out at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)