|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what does it occur to Sophie that she and the Giant are crossing?
2. Where does the BFG put Sophie as he prepares to blow the nightmare to the Queen?
(a) Windowsill behind curtains.
(b) The head of the Queen's bed.
(c) A chair.
(d) The foot of the Queen's bed.
3. What does Sophie think the frobscottle tastes like?
(b) Vanilla and cream.
(c) Ice cream.
(d) Milk shake.
4. When is the witching hour supposed to occur?
(a) Toward dawn.
(b) 2 p.m.
(c) Middle of the night.
5. What simile is used to describe how the houses look when Sophie looks out the window in Chapter 1?
(a) Houses in a nightmare.
(b) Houses in a fairy tale.
(c) Houses on an ordinary street.
(d) Houses in a slum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the BFG say are the only creatures that kill their own kind?
2. In Chapter 16 how many jars of dreams are there probably on the BFG's shelves?
3. In Chapter 4, how long does Sophie think they are traveling with the wind howling?
4. As the BFG mixes a dream for the Queen, what color blob does Sophie see tumbling from one jar to another?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what does Sophie think that the Giant has in his legs?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)