• An especially brilliant moonbeam is keeping Sophie awake.
• Even though she can get punished for being out of bed, she goes to look out the window of the room where she is sleeping.
• The world is exceptionally quiet, and she wonders if it is the witching hour.
• Someone told her that the witching hour is a time when people are asleep in the middle of the night, and all the dark things come out of hiding and have the world to themselves.
• Sophie sees something black, tall, and very thin.
• As she watches, she realizes it is a Giant.
• She sees the giant take something from a suitcase, put it in a trumpet-shaped object, and blow it in the room where the Goochey children sleep.
• The Giant notices Sophie, and she dives into her bed and hides under her blanket.
• Sophie sneaks a peak from under...
This section contains 3,484 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)