|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is the coat from the Colonel worth?
2. How did Albert say he was able to help conceive a child?
3. Why did Hitler's mother say she moved to the town she gave birth in?
4. How many of Hitler's mother's children have died?
5. What kind of car picks up a hitchhiker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the landlady do with all of her pets when they die?
2. What happens when Bert looks inside the hayrick?
3. What strange things does Billy notice about the landlady?
4. What does the ratcatcher say is the best way to catch mice?
5. In "The Visitor," what does Oswald find out after making love to a woman in Cairo?
6. How did Mrs. Bixby hide her affair for so long?
7. What happens when Lexington visits a packing house?
8. What happens when Oswald is at the service station in Cairo?
9. What kind of factory does Claud want to start and why?
10. In "William and Mary," what does Landy do for William after he dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were many characters in these stories who were manipulated and persuaded to do things they did not want to do. What were some of these instances, and how were those characters affected by the manipulation?
Essay Topic 2
Roald Dahl's general tone in these stories was very dark and satirical. How did this tone affect the course of the plots, and what might this indicate about the author?
Essay Topic 3
Roald Dahl includes some ingenious forms of irony in these stories. What are some of these examples, and how does this ironic nature affect the plot of the stories?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)