|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the narrator of "Georgy Porgy" never done?
2. Why does William tell Mary to disconnect the telephone when he is dead?
3. What did Hitler's father say about him when he was born?
4. In "The Landlady," what is Billy's last name?
5. What is the occupation of the narrator of "Georgy Porgy?"
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Bixby try to trick her husband into getting her the mink coat?
2. How does David save the giant turtle in "The Boy who Talked with Animals?"
3. How did Mrs. Bixby hide her affair for so long?
4. In "William and Mary," what does Landy do for William after he dies?
5. What happens when Jackie wins the race at the tracks?
6. What kind of factory does Claud want to start and why?
7. What does the landlady do with all of her pets when they die?
8. What was the experiment used by the narrator in "Georgy Porgy" to understand women?
9. Why does Klara think her last child will live?
10. What does Mary do when she first sees what Landy has done for her husband when William dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were many characters in these stories who were manipulated and persuaded to do things they did not want to do. What were some of these instances, and how were those characters affected by the manipulation?
Essay Topic 2
Sexuality is a theme presented in a number of these stories, and it is manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances and compare and contrast them. How is this sensitive theme manifested differently throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
How did religion filter into some of these stories, and what did it symbolize in these different appearances?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)