|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Hitler's mother's children have died?
2. What kind of business does Claud Cubbage own?
3. What kind of business does Mr. Feasey own?
4. Who is helping Claud with his greyhound plan?
5. What does the narrator of "Georgy Porgy" experiment with to understand women?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Bixby try to trick her husband into getting her the mink coat?
2. What is wrong with Mabel's baby in "Royal Jelly," and why is she so concerned about this?
3. What happens when Oswald is at the service station in Cairo?
4. How did Mrs. Bixby hide her affair for so long?
5. What kind of factory does Claud want to start and why?
6. Why does Klara think her last child will live?
7. How does David save the giant turtle in "The Boy who Talked with Animals?"
8. What strange things does Billy notice about the landlady?
9. Why has Klara Hitler moved to a new town in "Genesis and Catstrophe?"
10. What does the landlady do with all of her pets when they die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Roald Dahl includes some ingenious forms of irony in these stories. What are some of these examples, and how does this ironic nature affect the plot of the stories?
Essay Topic 2
There are a number of husband and wife relationships written about in these stories. Choose some of these to compare and contrast. How are they different? How are they similar?
Essay Topic 3
Mental illness was a huge theme in many of these stories. What were some prime examples of this, and what messages were being sent in these stories?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)