|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Mrs. Foster in France?
2. In "Galloping Foxley," what does Perkins like so much about his commute?
3. Where does Drioli live in "Skin?"
4. What does the man on the train platform say his name really is?
5. How does the cat respond to music played by Chopin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the wagers of the bet between Mike and Richard?
2. How does Stuffy learn about the method Madame Rosette uses to get girl to work for her on a long term basis?
3. What does Klausner ask Scott to do for the tree, and what is Scott's response to this?
4. Why does Stuffy call Madame Rosette in the first place?
5. What does Mike always try to impress Richard with in "Taste?"
6. Why does Louisa think the cat in "Edward the Conqueror" is a reincarnated musician?
7. What happens at the end of "Dip in the Pool?"
8. In "Galloping Foxley," what did Foxley used to do to Perkins?
9. What does Perkins say he loves about his commute?
10. What does the South American man do to prepare for the bet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are a number of husband and wife relationships written about in these stories. Choose some of these to compare and contrast. How are they different? How are they similar?
Essay Topic 2
What happened to George when he was a child in "Georgy Porgy," and how did this affect his life as an adult?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in these stories. Which characters are most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this fear is manifested?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)