|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is the coat from the Colonel worth?
2. What does William want Mary to do with his body when he dies?
(a) Take it out to sea.
(b) Donate it to science.
(c) Cremate it.
(d) Bury it.
3. What is Mr. Feasy an expert at?
(a) Seeing cheaters.
(b) Calling hard bets.
(c) Recognizing ringers.
(d) Rigging races.
4. Where does Billy move?
(c) New York.
5. What did Uncle Oswald collect?
(a) Leather belts.
(d) Walking sticks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Landy do for William after he dies?
2. What is Miss Pulteney's occupation?
3. What kind of business does Mr. Feasey own?
4. What kind of car picks up a hitchhiker?
5. What did Oswald do that was attractive to ladies?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Visitor," what does Oswald find out after making love to a woman in Cairo?
2. What happens when Oswald is at the service station in Cairo?
3. How did the mother of the narrator of "Georgy Porgy" die?
4. What happens when Lexington visits a packing house?
5. How does Mrs. Bixby try to trick her husband into getting her the mink coat?
6. What happens when Jackie wins the race at the tracks?
7. In "The Great Switcheroo," what story does Vic tell Jerry and why?
8. What does the ratcatcher say is the best way to catch mice?
9. How does the hitchhiker save the narrator from getting a ticket?
10. Why does Klara think her last child will live?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)