|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Feasy an expert at?
(a) Rigging races.
(b) Calling hard bets.
(c) Recognizing ringers.
(d) Seeing cheaters.
2. What gift does Uncle Oswald send in "The Visitor?"
(a) A family album.
(b) A package of gourmet chocolate.
(c) A case of diaries.
(d) A wallet of cash.
3. What is the name of Mr. Hoddy's daughter?
4. What does Claud plan to hunt on his poaching trip?
5. What did Hitler's father say about him when he was born?
(a) He looks like a Jew.
(b) He is already a disappointment.
(c) He was weaker than the rest.
(d) He will amount to nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cheats Lexington out of a large portion of his inheritance?
2. In "The Landlady," what is Billy's last name?
3. How does Vic know the man whose wife he wants to sleep with?
4. What kind of car picks up a hitchhiker?
5. What mistake does the landlady keep making while talking to Billy?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Great Switcheroo," what story does Vic tell Jerry and why?
2. What kind of factory does Claud want to start and why?
3. What happens when Jackie wins the race at the tracks?
4. Why has Klara Hitler moved to a new town in "Genesis and Catstrophe?"
5. What was the experiment used by the narrator in "Georgy Porgy" to understand women?
6. How did the mother of the narrator of "Georgy Porgy" die?
7. What does Mary do when she first sees what Landy has done for her husband when William dies?
8. What does Vic's wife tell him the morning after the switch?
9. How does Mrs. Bixby try to trick her husband into getting her the mink coat?
10. Why does Klara think her last child will live?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)