|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Patrick Maloney's wife's name?
2. How do Madame Rosette's employees feel after their run in with Stag and his friend?
3. In "Dip in the Pool," who is William eating with on the cruise ship?
(a) His mistress.
(b) The ship's purser.
(c) His maid.
(d) His wife.
4. What kind of Chippendale piece do the three men in the country own?
(a) A chair.
(b) A commode.
(c) A table.
(d) A dresser.
5. What was Klausner doing when his box was smashed?
(a) Picking flowers.
(b) Chopping at a tree.
(c) Taking notes.
(d) Tinkering with the box.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Stag and his friend go to see Madame Rosette?
2. What was left next to the wine being aired out?
3. What does Mike want to win in his bet with Richard?
4. What is William's last name?
5. How did Drioli used to make a lot of money from sailors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the wagers of the bet between Mike and Richard?
2. What bet did the South American man make with the sailor in "Man From the South?"
3. What do Stag and Stuffy do for the girls working for Madame Rosette?
4. What happens at the end of "Dip in the Pool?"
5. How does Stuffy learn about the method Madame Rosette uses to get girl to work for her on a long term basis?
6. In "Galloping Foxley," what did Foxley used to do to Perkins?
7. What happens to the Chippendale commode and why?
8. What does Klausner say his machine is in "The Sound Machine?"
9. How did Soutine create a work of art on Drioli's back?
10. Why and how does Mary kill her husband in "Lamb to the Slaughter?"
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)