|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of Chippendale piece do the three men in the country own?
(a) A commode.
(b) A chair.
(c) A dresser.
(d) A table.
2. What is Patrick Maloney's occupation in "Lamb to the Slaughter?"
3. Why is Mrs. Foster planning a trip to France?
(a) To see an old friend.
(b) To teach a lecture.
(c) To visit her daughter.
(d) To make a business acquisition.
4. Why do Stag and his friend go to see Madame Rosette?
(a) To fire her from their service.
(b) To blackmail her.
(c) To get her help in finding a woman.
(d) To free the women working for her.
5. What kind of soldiers are flirting with the English girls in "Man from the South?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stag choose to find in Cairo to keep busy?
2. What was the name of Drioli's wife?
3. What does Richard seem distracted by on the night of the dinner party?
4. What was on the face of the man whom Edward's wife believes is reincarnated as a cat?
5. What does Drioli ask Soutine to do on his back?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why and how does Mary kill her husband in "Lamb to the Slaughter?"
2. What is the first thing Klausner discovers with his new machine?
3. How does Stuffy learn about the method Madame Rosette uses to get girl to work for her on a long term basis?
4. In "The Way Up to Heaven," what does Mrs. Foster realize when she returns from her trip to France?
5. What is the one thing that makes Mrs. Foster worry?
6. Who is William, and what do he and Stag do together?
7. Why does Louisa think the cat in "Edward the Conqueror" is a reincarnated musician?
8. What does the art dealer offer to pay Drioli to do?
9. What do Stag and Stuffy do for the girls working for Madame Rosette?
10. What did the stranger offer Drioli in exchange for a chance to see the painting on his back often?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)