|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William choose to do to slow down the ship?
(a) Distract the captain.
(b) Jump overboard.
(c) Pretend to see an iceberg.
(d) Weight down the engine.
2. What does Stag collect from the people working for Madame Rosette?
(a) Their phone numbers.
(b) Their names and addresses.
(c) Their statements.
(d) Their pictures.
3. What is the woman talking to William scolded for when taken inside?
(a) Wandering off alone.
(b) Not wearing her coat.
(c) Making her father worry.
(d) Making up stories.
4. What does Stag choose to find in Cairo to keep busy?
(a) Some friends.
(b) Some women.
(c) Some slaves.
(d) Some booze.
5. What is the man on the train platform with Perkins swinging around?
(a) A bag.
(b) An umbrella.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A cane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stag lock Madame Rosette?
2. What do Stag and William watch women do?
3. How old is Mike's daughter?
4. What is William's last name?
5. What does the gallery owner try to do when Drioli first comes in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Perkins say he loves about his commute?
2. In "Galloping Foxley," what did Foxley used to do to Perkins?
3. Who is William, and what do he and Stag do together?
4. How does Mary hide her murder weapon?
5. Why does Louisa think the cat in "Edward the Conqueror" is a reincarnated musician?
6. What does Klausner say his machine is in "The Sound Machine?"
7. What is the first thing Klausner discovers with his new machine?
8. What bet did the South American man make with the sailor in "Man From the South?"
9. What does Klausner ask Scott to do for the tree, and what is Scott's response to this?
10. Why and how does Mary kill her husband in "Lamb to the Slaughter?"
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)