|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Drioli's occupation?
(a) A jester.
(b) A thief.
(c) A beggar.
(d) An artist.
2. What do Stag and William watch women do?
3. What is Edward's wife's name in "Edward the Conqueror?"
4. Why does Mrs. Maloney kill her husband?
(a) He accused her of cheating on him.
(b) He said something rude about her father.
(c) He threatened her life.
(d) He was leaving her.
5. What is the man on the train platform with Perkins swinging around?
(a) A cane.
(b) An umbrella.
(c) A bag.
(d) A newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Klausner doing when his box was smashed?
2. What is Patrick Maloney's wife's name?
3. How does Madame Rosette get people to work for her on a long term basis?
4. How much did William spend for betting on the lower number field?
5. Why is Mrs. Foster planning a trip to France?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the South American man do to prepare for the bet?
2. Why does Louisa think the cat in "Edward the Conqueror" is a reincarnated musician?
3. What does Edward do when he sees his wife really thinks the cat is a reincarnated musician?
4. What does Mike always try to impress Richard with in "Taste?"
5. What is the first thing Klausner discovers with his new machine?
6. How do the girls working for Madame Rosette feel when they learn they are free?
7. How did Drioli respond to the advances Soutine made on his wife in "Skin?"
8. How does Mary hide her murder weapon?
9. How did Mike cheat in the bet, and how was this discovered?
10. What bet did the South American man make with the sailor in "Man From the South?"
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)