|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Pig," what do Lexington's parents do after bringing him home from the hospital?
(a) Go out to dinner.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Lock him in his room.
(d) Hire a nanny.
2. What is the hitchhiker very skilled at?
(a) Reading people.
(b) Manipulating others.
(d) Getting out of trouble.
3. Why is the hotel so excited to buy the giant turtle?
(a) They will cook it.
(b) They will put it in their zoo.
(c) They will keep it in their garden.
(d) They will sell it.
4. What kind of business was the Sinai Desert?
(a) A bar.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A strip club.
5. What does the man who picks up the hitchhiker get pulled over for?
(a) Not having lights on.
(b) Running a red light.
(c) Ignoring a stop sign.
6. What is William and Mary's last name?
7. What does the narrator of "Georgy Porgy" experiment with to understand women?
8. How long does the affair between Mrs. Bixby and the Colonel go on?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 8 years.
9. How does the boy get to a deserted island?
(a) He floats on a raft.
(b) He swims.
(c) He flies there.
(d) He rides the turtle.
10. Where does the rat catcher go to catch rats?
(a) The sewers.
(b) The dump.
(c) Abandoned houses.
11. What kind of business does Claud Cubbage own?
(a) A mechanic shop.
(b) A bar.
(c) A gas station.
(d) A restaurant.
12. Where does Billy move?
(d) New York.
13. What kind of business does Mr. Feasey own?
(a) A gas station.
(b) A race track.
(c) A casino.
(d) A school.
14. What does Claud plan to hunt on his poaching trip?
15. What is Miss Pulteney's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the giant turtle caught in "The Boy who Talked with Animals?"
2. Why does William tell Mary to disconnect the telephone when he is dead?
3. Who cheats Lexington out of a large portion of his inheritance?
4. What was the name of Hitler's mother in "Genesis and Catastrophe?"
5. Who was Mr. Bixby having an affair with?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)