|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Galloping Foxley," what does Perkins like so much about his commute?
(a) The loneliness.
(b) The scenery.
(c) The routine.
(d) The speed.
2. How long was Mrs. Foster in France?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
3. Where is the Englishman vacationing in "Man from the South?"
4. What is the woman talking to William scolded for when taken inside?
(a) Not wearing her coat.
(b) Making her father worry.
(c) Making up stories.
(d) Wandering off alone.
5. What is Edward's wife's name in "Edward the Conqueror?"
6. What was on the face of the man whom Edward's wife believes is reincarnated as a cat?
(a) Burn marks.
7. What is William's last name?
8. How does the cat respond to music played by Chopin?
(a) He seems ignorant of it.
(b) He sleeps through it.
(c) He loves it.
(d) He hates it.
9. What does Mike want to win in his bet with Richard?
(a) Richard's son's hand in marriage for his daughter.
(b) Richard's good stamp on his vineyard.
(c) Richard's two houses.
(d) Richard's new publishing contract.
10. What is the one thing that makes Mrs. Foster worry in "The Way Up to Heaven?"
(a) Waiting for her husband.
(b) Seeing sick children.
(c) Being late to events.
(d) Losing her purse.
11. How many times has the South American man made this bet before?
12. Who tells Madame Rosette that the deal is off?
13. What does Mr. Foster plan to do while his wife is in France?
(a) Visit a mistress in London.
(b) Spend time at his club.
(c) Get some work done.
(d) Take the week off of work and relax.
14. What does the stranger tempt Drioli with?
(a) A warm place to sleep.
(c) Fine food and wine.
15. What rank does Stag's friend pretend to be when talking to Madame Rosette?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of soldiers are flirting with the English girls in "Man from the South?"
2. What does Stag collect from the people working for Madame Rosette?
3. What does the sailor have to do to win the bet?
4. What day of the week does Mr. Boggis do most of his business?
5. What is the man on the train platform with Perkins swinging around?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)