|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the snack that Francesca said was just too awful even look at, much less eat?
2. What is the name of the hospital in which Francesca is admitted and then hospitalized for a period of time?
3. What does Grace decide that she and her husband need in order to deal with the Francesca situation?
4. What happened to Francesca after she decided to eat her pilfered food in the middle of the night?
5. One crazy doctor called Myrna ________ which she doesn't believe because she is able to take care of everyone.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Sandy include in the 'trio' as he calls a group when he is talking with Francesca in the hospital?
2. What happens with Francesca which ends up getting her in trouble with the nurses?
3. What does Francesca tell Myrna that she wants to know about the hospital?
4. What does Sandy Sherman warn Francesca's parents that she may do to them in the next few weeks?
5. What does Francesca do when she is waiting for her parents to come pick her up from the hospital?
6. What hasn't Grace told Gregg about the situation with Francesca in the hospital as she doesn't want to worry him?
7. What does Francesca say the reasoning was behind her hiding her food in her room?
8. What happens to make Francesca sick when she is in the hospital?
9. What does Sandy point out about the lack of attention that Francesca seems to experience in her family?
10. What happens when the worker brings Francesca a tray of food for one of her meals?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Kessa is admitted to the hospital, she tries to get her parents to come and take her home.
Part 1: Why do you think Kessa allowed herself to be hospitalized in the first place?
Part 2: Do you think that Kessa has control over her anorexia?
Part 3: Do you think that Kessa is trying to manipulate her parents when she begs to come home?
Essay Topic 2
Within Kessa's family are people who all seem to have their own problems and worries, leaving little time for Kessa.
Part 1: Do you think it's possible for everyone in a family to always get the time they need?
Part 2: Describe the ways in which the characters in the family have their own problems and distractions.
Part 3: How do you think the family could have worked together to help Kessa with her problem?
Essay Topic 3
Kessa sees herself as a monster in the beginning, pinching her fat and trying to become skinnier and skinnier.
Part 1: Why do you think Kessa sees herself as a monster?
Part 2: Why do you think that Kessa turns away from her original name of Francesca?
Part 3: Do you think that a better family life would have helped Kessa avoid anorexia? Why or why not?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)