|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first answer that Francesca has when Sandy asks her how she is feeling at the present time?
2. Where was Francesca hurting as she was walking down the hall in order to be with Sandy?
3. Hal asks whether it matters who he sits next to during the family session, and how does Sandy answer?
4. What did Myrna steal in order to stick them down her throat and vomit?
5. What did Francesca begin to hide in her room one afternoon, as a sort of game?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sandy hesitate when he given the chance to take on Myrna as one of his patients?
2. Who is Francesca's roommate when she is in the hospital? What is her roommate doing in the hospital?
3. What does Francesca think about the way that her parents fawn over Susanna and Gregg?
4. What does Francesca decide to do in order to tell her brother about her feelings of him?
5. What does Myrna think about people who have anorexia, revealing this to Francesca when they are talking?
6. What does Gregg say when Grace asks him to come home for a few days to see Francesca?
7. What does Francesca say the reasoning was behind her hiding her food in her room?
8. What happens when the worker brings Francesca a tray of food for one of her meals?
9. Why won't Francesca talk to her brother about how angry she is with him?
10. What hasn't Grace told Gregg about the situation with Francesca in the hospital as she doesn't want to worry him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The disease that is anorexia is one that many people simply can not understand, which can make Kessa's story difficult to read.
Part 1: How do you feel about anorexia? Does it seem like a dangerous disease?
Part 2: Why do you think that anorexia is something that is a problem in society?
Part 3: How do you think society could help women and men avoid succumbing to eating disorders?
Essay Topic 2
Kessa gets an IV for nutrition put into her, helping her to regain weight as she refuses to eat.
Part 1: Why do you think that Kessa doesn't believe she is close to death at this point?
Part 2: Do you think that Kessa understands the severity of her condition?
Part 3: Why do you think Kessa's only concern is that she might gain weight with the tube?
Essay Topic 3
Sandy Sherman is a different therapist who treats her differently than others Kessa has met.
Part 1: Why do you think Sandy and Kessa bonded almost immediately?
Part 2: Do you think that Sandy is a strong therapist in his methods? How could he be better?
Part 3: Why do you think that Sandy becomes someone that Kessa can trust?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)