|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hal points out that Sandy has finally gotten a ___________, which causes Sandy to joke back that he needs it to graduate.
2. Francesca tells Myrna that she is not Francesca's _________, nor is Myrna a nurse or a doctor.
3. One crazy doctor called Myrna ________ which she doesn't believe because she is able to take care of everyone.
4. What is the medical condition that the doctor thinks Francesca may possibly have, so it will need to be monitored?
5. Where was Gregg working that summer while he was at Harvard, according to the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What hasn't Grace told Gregg about the situation with Francesca in the hospital as she doesn't want to worry him?
2. What does Susanna point out about her parents' relationship when she sees them together?
3. What does Susanna have to say when she finds out that Gregg isn't coming home for the family meeting?
4. What happens with Francesca which ends up getting her in trouble with the nurses?
5. What does Sandy point out about the lack of attention that Francesca seems to experience in her family?
6. What does Francesca say the reasoning was behind her hiding her food in her room?
7. What happens in the middle of the night to Francesca when she tries to get out of bed?
8. What does Myrna describe to Francesca, which makes Francesca feel like that's sort of a disgusting thought?
9. What does Francesca do the second she arrives in the hospital ward and gets settled?
10. Who is Francesca's roommate when she is in the hospital? What is her roommate doing in the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kessa's anorexia is going to be treated with therapy and possibly with hospitalization.
Part 1: Why is anorexia considered to be a mental disorder rather than a physical disorder?
Part 2: Do you think that therapy is helpful in treating eating disorders? Support your answer.
Part 3: How do you think therapy can help an anorexic learn how to eat and to live more healthfully?
Essay Topic 2
When Kessa is admitted to the hospital, she tries to get her parents to come and take her home.
Part 1: Why do you think Kessa allowed herself to be hospitalized in the first place?
Part 2: Do you think that Kessa has control over her anorexia?
Part 3: Do you think that Kessa is trying to manipulate her parents when she begs to come home?
Essay Topic 3
Kessa begins to fail at her classes because of the eating disorder's hold on her.
Part 1: Why do you think Kessa doesn't care about being perfect in school?
Part 2: Do you think that Kessa's teachers could have helped her in some way?
Part 3: How do you think you would react if a friend of yours suddenly began to fail in school?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)