|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gregg tells Francesca, though it might not have been a good idea, for her to get "________ and happy and out of the hospital on the double."
2. Francesca answers Lila by saying, "I guess I really am a ___________ to live with." That's why no one wants her around.
3. For how long are Hal and Grace not supposed to visit Francesca when she is in the hospital?
4. Where is Francesca sitting during the meeting with the rest of her family and Sherman in the hospital?
5. What were Lila and Francesca doing when Myrna came in with two lunch trays for them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Myrna describe to Francesca, which makes Francesca feel like that's sort of a disgusting thought?
2. What does Susanna point out about her parents' relationship when she sees them together?
3. What does Sandy point out about the lack of attention that Francesca seems to experience in her family?
4. What does Francesca feel about the way she looks when she looks in the mirror?
5. Why does Sandy hesitate when he given the chance to take on Myrna as one of his patients?
6. What does Sandy Sherman warn Francesca's parents that she may do to them in the next few weeks?
7. What does Francesca tell Myrna that she wants to know about the hospital?
8. What does Myrna laugh at when Francesca tells her about the food hiding incident?
9. What does Myrna think about people who have anorexia, revealing this to Francesca when they are talking?
10. What does Gregg say when Grace asks him to come home for a few days to see Francesca?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kessa begins to fail at her classes because of the eating disorder's hold on her.
Part 1: Why do you think Kessa doesn't care about being perfect in school?
Part 2: Do you think that Kessa's teachers could have helped her in some way?
Part 3: How do you think you would react if a friend of yours suddenly began to fail in school?
Essay Topic 2
Kessa is manipulative as well in her situation, vomiting her food when she cannot get out of eating with her family.
Part 1: Why do you think that Kessa must vomit in order to rid herself of food?
Part 2: Do you think that you would be able to purge if you were in Kessa's situation?
Part 3: How do you think Kessa's father could have stopped her? Or would there be no way to stop her from getting rid of her food?
Essay Topic 3
When Kessa is admitted to the hospital, she tries to get her parents to come and take her home.
Part 1: Why do you think Kessa allowed herself to be hospitalized in the first place?
Part 2: Do you think that Kessa has control over her anorexia?
Part 3: Do you think that Kessa is trying to manipulate her parents when she begs to come home?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)