|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Francesca's refusal to see that she was sick might make her the sickest patient on the ward, which alarmed ________.
2. When Francesca realized that the tube bound her to the hospital, she began her _________ again.
3. Francesca begins to feel that she is drowning in a sea of ___________, and no one could understand it.
4. What is the weight that Francesca is at when she is allowed to leave the hospital?
5. __________ had decided that it wasn't necessary to bother Gregg with the constant updates about Francesca.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Sandy include in the 'trio' as he calls a group when he is talking with Francesca in the hospital?
2. What happens in the middle of the night to Francesca when she tries to get out of bed?
3. What does Francesca feel about the way she looks when she looks in the mirror?
4. What does Hal start a fight about when he first talks with Susanna the night of her arrival?
5. What does Francesca think about the way that her parents fawn over Susanna and Gregg?
6. What does Myrna describe to Francesca, which makes Francesca feel like that's sort of a disgusting thought?
7. What is the observation that Grace makes when Susanna and Hal are fighting with each other?
8. What does Gregg say when Grace asks him to come home for a few days to see Francesca?
9. What does Susanna have to say when she finds out that Gregg isn't coming home for the family meeting?
10. What happens with Francesca which ends up getting her in trouble with the nurses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kessa begins to fail at her classes because of the eating disorder's hold on her.
Part 1: Why do you think Kessa doesn't care about being perfect in school?
Part 2: Do you think that Kessa's teachers could have helped her in some way?
Part 3: How do you think you would react if a friend of yours suddenly began to fail in school?
Essay Topic 2
Kessa is manipulative as well in her situation, vomiting her food when she cannot get out of eating with her family.
Part 1: Why do you think that Kessa must vomit in order to rid herself of food?
Part 2: Do you think that you would be able to purge if you were in Kessa's situation?
Part 3: How do you think Kessa's father could have stopped her? Or would there be no way to stop her from getting rid of her food?
Essay Topic 3
Many people in Kessa's life feel they are to blame for her troubles or they are looking for someone to blame.
Part 1: Why do some of the people in Kessa's family feel they are to blame for her eating troubles?
Part 2: Why do some of the people in Kessa's family want to find someone else to blame for Kessa's weight loss?
Part 3: Do you think that anyone is to blame for Kessa's weight loss? More than one person? Why?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)