|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madame tell Francesca to stay in order to be a dancer?
2. What does Sandy test Francesca on when she is getting her coffee ready at the office?
3. When Francesca began to notice there was more hair growing on her body, her response was that her body was ____________.
4. While the girls are at the barre, the girls point and ___________ as Madame keeps time for the dancers.
5. What is the main meal at dinner when Francesca and her parents sit down together after ballet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Gordon decide to put Francesca in the hospital after her next appointment?
2. When Francesca does not show up for one of her appointments with Sandy Sherman, what does Sandy call her to say?
3. What does Hal have to do in order to take Francesca to her first appointment with Dr. Smith the following Thursday?
4. Why does Francesca's dad become angry with Dr. Smith when he tries to call him?
5. What is Francesca's responsibility when it comes to her appointments with Dr. Smith?
6. What does Hal believe will make Francesca a bored skeleton if she continues to refuse to eat?
7. What does Grace find out when she takes Francesca for another doctor's appointment as a follow up?
8. What makes Francesca's mother frightened for the health of her daughter at the start of this section?
9. When Francesca has a bad dream the night after the party, what promise does she make to herself?
10. What does Francesca do after ballet class when the rest of the girls want to go get burgers to eat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the end, Kessa is released from the hospital, left to continue her weight gain on her own at home.
Part 1: Why do you think that Kessa was released from the hospital?
Part 2: Do you think that Kessa was ready to be released from the hospital?
Part 3: What do you think will happen to Kessa after she is home and dealing with her problems on her own?
Essay Topic 2
No matter what Kessa does, she believes that she is much heavier than she actually is.
Part 1: Why do you think it's possible for a person to see someone who is heavy, even when they are not?
Part 2: How do you think Kessa could have been shown her true appearance?
Part 3: Why do you think that Kessa believes that being fat is a bad thing? What may have prompted her to feel this way?
Essay Topic 3
Kessa seems to be a girl who is rarely in the company of friends or family, only when she has to be.
Part 1: Why do you think that Kessa is such a lonely girl?
Part 2: Do you think that Kessa should try to reach out more in her life?
Part 3: Do you think that having more friends would help Kessa be more healthy in her eating habits?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)