|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the therapist that Grace and Hal decide to take Francesca to at first?
2. While the girls are at the barre, the girls point and ___________ as Madame keeps time for the dancers.
3. After the audition, Francesca believes she did better than anyone else because she was ___________.
4. Where was Francesca feeling pain in her body, though the triumph she felt worked to dull this pain?
5. Grace never admitted it to Hal, but she actually had a lot of respect for ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Francesca's responsibility when it comes to her appointments with Dr. Smith?
2. What has happened to Francesca's grades in school at this point of the story?
3. What does Madame promise to Francesca after she notices her initial weight loss progress?
4. What does Francesca do after ballet class when the rest of the girls want to go get burgers to eat?
5. Describe what Francesca looks like when the story begins.
6. How does Dr. Smith intend to build a relationship with Francesca during their sessions together?
7. Why is Francesca afraid to speak to Dr. Smith when they are speaking privately, away from her parents?
8. What makes Francesca uncomfortable at the party that she and Julia go to one night?
9. What is Grace's reaction when she begins to see the changes in Francesca's body one day?
10. Why does Dr. Waldman become mad when he examines Francesca at her father's request?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kessa seems to be a girl who is rarely in the company of friends or family, only when she has to be.
Part 1: Why do you think that Kessa is such a lonely girl?
Part 2: Do you think that Kessa should try to reach out more in her life?
Part 3: Do you think that having more friends would help Kessa be more healthy in her eating habits?
Essay Topic 2
Gregg, Kessa's brother, calls Kessa up, but does not come to see her in the hospital.
Part 1: Why do you think that Gregg decided not to come visit Kessa in the hospital?
Part 2: Do you think that Gregg should have come to see Kessa when she was in the hospital?
Part 3: How do you think Kessa and Gregg's relationship will change after the letter she writes to him?
Essay Topic 3
The disease that is anorexia is one that many people simply can not understand, which can make Kessa's story difficult to read.
Part 1: How do you feel about anorexia? Does it seem like a dangerous disease?
Part 2: Why do you think that anorexia is something that is a problem in society?
Part 3: How do you think society could help women and men avoid succumbing to eating disorders?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)