|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times per week does Dr. Smith want to see Francesca in his office for her treatment?
2. What magazine does Francesca buy in order to find pictures by which to compare her progress as she loses weight?
3. What does Francesca begin to count when she gets up in the morning, barking at herself?
4. Francesca says that she's going to see Sandy because ___________ think she is losing too much weight.
5. What did Francesca order to drink when she was sitting with Madame and talking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Francesca's dad become angry with Dr. Smith when he tries to call him?
2. Why is Dr. Gordon going to set Francesca up with an appointment to see Sandy Sherman?
3. Why does Dr. Waldman become mad when he examines Francesca at her father's request?
4. Why is Francesca afraid to speak to Dr. Smith when they are speaking privately, away from her parents?
5. What makes Francesca uncomfortable at the party that she and Julia go to one night?
6. What does Dr. Gordon do in order to be more vigilant about monitoring Francesca and her weight?
7. What is Grace's reaction when she begins to see the changes in Francesca's body one day?
8. When Francesca has a bad dream the night after the party, what promise does she make to herself?
9. What does Hal believe will make Francesca a bored skeleton if she continues to refuse to eat?
10. What does the doctor threaten to do if Francesca cannot get her weight under control again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kessa begins to fail at her classes because of the eating disorder's hold on her.
Part 1: Why do you think Kessa doesn't care about being perfect in school?
Part 2: Do you think that Kessa's teachers could have helped her in some way?
Part 3: How do you think you would react if a friend of yours suddenly began to fail in school?
Essay Topic 2
When Kessa is admitted to the hospital, she tries to get her parents to come and take her home.
Part 1: Why do you think Kessa allowed herself to be hospitalized in the first place?
Part 2: Do you think that Kessa has control over her anorexia?
Part 3: Do you think that Kessa is trying to manipulate her parents when she begs to come home?
Essay Topic 3
Kessa seems to be a girl who is rarely in the company of friends or family, only when she has to be.
Part 1: Why do you think that Kessa is such a lonely girl?
Part 2: Do you think that Kessa should try to reach out more in her life?
Part 3: Do you think that having more friends would help Kessa be more healthy in her eating habits?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)