|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the girls invite Francesca to go after the ballet class was over in the beginning of the story?
(b) Joe's Pizza Shack.
(c) Pizza Hut.
(d) Charlie's Soup Burg.
2. What excuse does Francesca give for not wanting to talk to her father after he talks to Dr. Smith?
(c) Dance lessons.
3. Where was Francesca's sister living after she left college, which caused quite a scene in the family?
(a) In the backyard.
(b) In Hawaii.
(c) California commune.
4. What does the therapist tell Hal that he does not have available for their schedule?
(a) A long time block.
(b) A shorter time block.
(c) An appointment for a few months.
(d) Night appointments.
5. What role does Francesca remember playing when she used to play childhood games with her friends?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which person in the ballet class did not have an ounce of fat on her, at least according to Francesca's calculations?
2. What does Hal not want to do in order to help Francesca out with her new problem?
3. What does Sandy Sherman ask Francesca to call him when they are in his office?
4. What was beginning to appear on Francesca's body in order to keep her warm as the fat began to melt away?
5. How many times per week does Dr. Smith want to see Francesca in his office for her treatment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Francesca do after ballet class when the rest of the girls want to go get burgers to eat?
2. What does Dr. Gordon do in order to be more vigilant about monitoring Francesca and her weight?
3. How does Francesca make her mother think that she ate later one evening, even though she really did not?
4. What does Hal begin to realize about Francesca when he continues to watch what she eats and she continues to lose weight?
5. What is Francesca's responsibility when it comes to her appointments with Dr. Smith?
6. When Francesca goes in for her appointment, although she is late, what is her weight at this time?
7. What is the joke Francesca's parents make when they are trying to choose a therapist for her?
8. What does Francesca's father decide to do once he finds out that Francesca has been missing her doctor appointments?
9. What is Grace's reaction when she begins to see the changes in Francesca's body one day?
10. What does Sandy say will happen if Francesca misses another appointment with him?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)