|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Francesca give for not wanting to talk to her father after he talks to Dr. Smith?
(c) Dance lessons.
2. What does Francesca's father tell her not to do when they are sitting at the table together?
(a) Eat so quickly.
3. Where did the girls invite Francesca to go after the ballet class was over in the beginning of the story?
(a) Pizza Hut.
(b) Charlie's Soup Burg.
(c) Joe's Pizza Shack.
4. When does the therapist call Francesca's father back after he initially calls him to set up an appointment?
(a) At five of the hour.
(b) On the hour.
(c) At fifteen of the hour.
(d) At ten of the hour.
5. What band was playing at a high volume at the party when Francesca arrived with the other girls?
(b) Def Leppard.
(d) Twisted Sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francesca think caused her strange dreams that she has after returning from the party with Julia?
2. On what holiday did Madame end up kicking other dancers out of the class, frightening Francesca?
3. Grace never admitted it to Hal, but she actually had a lot of respect for ______________.
4. Who does Dr. Smith want to talk with first during this first session at his office?
5. What does Francesca answer when Sandy asks if she thinks about her weight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Francesca do after her father makes her eat lamb chops for dinner that evening?
2. When Francesca goes in for her appointment, although she is late, what is her weight at this time?
3. What does Hal begin to realize about Francesca when he continues to watch what she eats and she continues to lose weight?
4. What has happened to Francesca's grades in school at this point of the story?
5. Why is Dr. Gordon going to set Francesca up with an appointment to see Sandy Sherman?
6. What does Madame promise to Francesca after she notices her initial weight loss progress?
7. What does Grace find out when she takes Francesca for another doctor's appointment as a follow up?
8. Why does Francesca panic along the way to the doctor's appointment, arriving forty-five minutes late as a result?
9. Why does Dr. Waldman become mad when he examines Francesca at her father's request?
10. Why does Dr. Gordon decide to put Francesca in the hospital after her next appointment?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)