|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Francesca is thinking to herself as she is walking home, thinking to herself that __________ comes not from food, but from will.
2. Hal decides that it's time to have a _____________ with Francesca so that they can get her healthy again.
(b) Talk with the school.
(c) Firm hand.
3. Grace never admitted it to Hal, but she actually had a lot of respect for ______________.
4. Hal says the Dr. Waldman doesn't treat an ear or a lung or a leg. He treats _________.
(a) Head disorders.
5. What did Francesca do at night in order to check up on her progress when it came to her weight loss?
(a) Look in the mirror at her face.
(b) Take a picture.
(c) Write out her progress.
(d) Body examination in bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the boy that introduces himself to Francesca when she is sitting by herself, trying not to be noticed?
2. How many appointments did Francesca end up keeping with Dr. Smith during her therapy?
3. What is the name that Francesca chooses for herself as she begins to make plans to lose weight?
4. What does Francesca order when Julia ends up ordering a large cheeseburger and eating it in front of her?
5. What would cause Dr. Smith to begin to divulge the contents of Francesca's sessions, but not before?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hal have to do in order to take Francesca to her first appointment with Dr. Smith the following Thursday?
2. From whom does Francesca get the advice to become thin and firm in order to look better?
3. When Francesca does not show up for one of her appointments with Sandy Sherman, what does Sandy call her to say?
4. Why is Francesca afraid to speak to Dr. Smith when they are speaking privately, away from her parents?
5. What makes Francesca's mother frightened for the health of her daughter at the start of this section?
6. What does the doctor threaten to do if Francesca cannot get her weight under control again?
7. What is the joke Francesca's parents make when they are trying to choose a therapist for her?
8. What is the story about therapy that Hal decides to share with Grace as they are trying to find help for Francesca?
9. Why is Dr. Gordon going to set Francesca up with an appointment to see Sandy Sherman?
10. What has happened to Francesca's grades in school at this point of the story?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)