|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grace informs Susanna that Francesca still has the tube in her ____________, the hyperal that she wrote to Susanna about.
2. What do the nurses in the ward call Francesca and others like her in the ward?
3. What is going to happen to Francesca's stomach when she begins to gain weight again, according to Sandy?
(a) It will shrink in.
(b) It will rumble a lot.
(c) It will hurt.
(d) It will stick out.
4. What kind of animal does Lila believe Francesca looks like now that she is so skinny?
5. Myrna tells Francesca that she just likes to be the _______ on the ward, which makes Lila say that she must be on the psycho ward.
6. Myrna used to do all of the _________ for the family until she went into the hospital, which seems odd for her condition.
(c) Phone calls.
7. What was the question Sandy had asked that woke Francesca up in the middle of the night? "Don't you want to see your _________?"
8. What did Francesca answer when she was asked who Dr. Gordon was, immediately regretting her answer?
(d) Mom's doctor.
9. Who spent time in the hospital as well, causing Myrna to always become the caretaker?
(a) Her dad.
(b) Her mom.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her brother.
10. Myrna says she is in the hospital because they want to find a drug to keep her from ____________.
(a) Self harming.
11. Where was Gregg working that summer while he was at Harvard, according to the story?
(b) The bookstore.
(c) A record shop.
(d) Woods Hole.
12. What does Grace decide that she and her husband need in order to deal with the Francesca situation?
(a) A session with Sandy.
(b) A drink.
13. What does Hal decide to do in order to stop Francesca from trying to make them feel guilty?
(a) He laughs.
(b) Calls Sandy.
(c) Takes the phone off the hook.
(d) He yells at her.
14. When Francesca asks Sandy how long it will be until she isn't afraid of gaining weight, what does he say?
(a) I'm not sure.
(d) A while.
15. Why can't Francesca get up from her bed after the surgery, which keeps her from exercising?
(c) The doctor won't let her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Francesca say that she was when she was supposed to be served her lunch, so they forgot about her?
2. It was the first ____________ Sherman had organized with the house staff that day.
3. What is the weight that Francesca is at when she is allowed to leave the hospital?
4. What does Lila think is a black person disease in the same way that anorexia is a white people disease?
5. What is the first answer that Francesca has when Sandy asks her how she is feeling at the present time?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)