|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many appointments did Francesca end up keeping with Dr. Smith during her therapy?
(d) None of them.
2. What kind of jeans was Sandy Sherman wearing when Francesca first sees him in his office?
3. Where was Francesca feeling pain in her body, though the triumph she felt worked to dull this pain?
(a) Her stomach.
(b) Her left arm.
(c) Behind her knee.
(d) Her back.
4. Where did the girls invite Francesca to go after the ballet class was over in the beginning of the story?
(a) Charlie's Soup Burg.
(b) Joe's Pizza Shack.
(c) Pizza Hut.
5. What does Francesca order when Julia ends up ordering a large cheeseburger and eating it in front of her?
(a) A fruit plate.
6. What was beginning to appear on Francesca's body in order to keep her warm as the fat began to melt away?
7. What did Francesca order to drink when she was sitting with Madame and talking?
(a) Grapefruit juice.
8. What had Francesca promised her parents she would do if she was coming home from a party alone?
(c) Call them for a ride.
(d) Take a cab.
9. What band was playing at a high volume at the party when Francesca arrived with the other girls?
(a) Def Leppard.
(c) Twisted Sister.
10. Which person in the ballet class did not have an ounce of fat on her, at least according to Francesca's calculations?
11. Who is called a turkey during a conversation between some girls as they walked to a party?
12. What was the emotion that Grace never had, leaving that emotion to her husband to show?
13. What did Francesca do in response to her father's continuing to watch over her as she ate meals?
(b) Laugh at him.
(c) Vomit afterward.
(d) Throw food at her father.
14. What color was the rug at Dr. Smith's as Francesca found out after spending most of her time starting at it?
15. What did Francesca learn about the auditions about two weeks after the audition took place?
(a) She was stiff and lacked grace.
(b) She wasn't old enough.
(c) She made it.
(d) She was too heavy.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what holiday did Madame end up kicking other dancers out of the class, frightening Francesca?
2. Hal begins to think that maybe Francesca needs a good old-fashioned ________ doctor, so he schedules her to see Dr. Waldman.
3. What magazine does Francesca buy in order to find pictures by which to compare her progress as she loses weight?
4. After the audition, Francesca believes she did better than anyone else because she was ___________.
5. Hal says the Dr. Waldman doesn't treat an ear or a lung or a leg. He treats _________.
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)