|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Grace and Hal believe to be the perfect child, always neat and out of trouble?
(b) None of their children.
2. Dr. Waldman thought of another patient he'd seen, one that was as thin as Francesca, but there was a reason for it: ___________.
(b) Thyroid condition.
3. What was the emotion that Grace never had, leaving that emotion to her husband to show?
4. What did Francesca do in response to her father's continuing to watch over her as she ate meals?
(a) Throw food at her father.
(b) Laugh at him.
(d) Vomit afterward.
5. Where did the girls invite Francesca to go after the ballet class was over in the beginning of the story?
(a) Charlie's Soup Burg.
(c) Pizza Hut.
(d) Joe's Pizza Shack.
6. What does the therapist tell Hal that he does not have available for their schedule?
(a) A long time block.
(b) An appointment for a few months.
(c) A shorter time block.
(d) Night appointments.
7. Francesca says that she's going to see Sandy because ___________ think she is losing too much weight.
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Her doctors.
(d) Her ballet teachers.
8. What excuse does Francesca give for not wanting to talk to her father after he talks to Dr. Smith?
(b) Dance lessons.
9. Grace never admitted it to Hal, but she actually had a lot of respect for ______________.
10. Who is the boy that introduces himself to Francesca when she is sitting by herself, trying not to be noticed?
11. What does Francesca say that everyone is doing to her when she arrives at Sandy Sherman's office?
(a) Bored with her.
(b) Not listening to her emotions.
(c) Picking on her.
(d) Ignoring her.
12. After the audition, Francesca believes she did better than anyone else because she was ___________.
13. Sandy warns Francesca that he is going to be _____________ sometimes in their sessions.
(b) Asking a lot of banal questions.
(c) Invading her privacy.
14. What had Francesca eaten for lunch in the time before her next appointment?
(b) A package of yogurt.
(c) Cottage cheese and melon.
15. What does Dr. Smith reveal to Francesca's dad when he calls to check on her progress in the therapy?
(a) She hasn't been coming to her appointments.
(b) She is dying.
(c) She is a pain in the ass.
(d) She doesn't talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the next appointment with Sandy Sherman, what does Francesca arrive with?
2. What does Sandy Sherman ask Francesca to call him when they are in his office?
3. What does Francesca answer when Sandy asks if she thinks about her weight?
4. Who was beginning to notice the rituals that Francesca was doing when she was in the house?
5. How much does Hal continue to say that the therapist makes each hour, which bothers him?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)