|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Francesca believes she looks ___________ when she looks in the mirror, in response to her father's opinion.
(c) Above average.
2. What does Madame tell Francesca to stay in order to be a dancer?
3. Grace believed that Dr. Smith was going to be able to be more ____________ than others in the situation.
4. What excuse does Francesca give for not wanting to talk to her father after he talks to Dr. Smith?
(b) Dance lessons.
5. How many times per week does Dr. Smith want to see Francesca in his office for her treatment?
(a) Three times.
(c) Four times.
6. What kind of jeans was Sandy Sherman wearing when Francesca first sees him in his office?
7. What does Francesca suddenly feel is too dirty and something that needs to be avoided in the morning?
(b) The kitchen.
(c) Her toothbrush.
(d) Her bed.
8. Francesca is thinking to herself as she is walking home, thinking to herself that __________ comes not from food, but from will.
9. What does Francesca reveal to be her middle name when she is remembering the games she used to play?
10. Grace never admitted it to Hal, but she actually had a lot of respect for ______________.
11. Where did Francesca sit as the rest of the girls wandered around the party, leaving her alone?
(a) A corner.
(b) A couch.
(c) A bathroom.
(d) The kitchen.
12. What does the therapist tell Hal that he does not have available for their schedule?
(a) An appointment for a few months.
(b) Night appointments.
(c) A long time block.
(d) A shorter time block.
13. One of the theories that Dr. Gordon shares with Grace about the cause of anorexia is that the girl is afraid of ____________.
(a) Growing up.
(d) Their parents.
14. Who do Grace and Hal believe to be the perfect child, always neat and out of trouble?
(d) None of their children.
15. What does Francesca's mother offer her to eat after she gets back from ballet class?
(b) Cheese sandwich.
(c) An apple.
(d) Apple pie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sandy say that he will do if Francesca does not show up at her next appointment with him?
2. What band was playing at a high volume at the party when Francesca arrived with the other girls?
3. Hal begins to think that maybe Francesca needs a good old-fashioned ________ doctor, so he schedules her to see Dr. Waldman.
4. What were the words that Madame uttered that Francesca hoped where meant for her?
5. Francesca kept herself in control by ____________ carefully - everything was arranged ahead of time.
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)