Chapters 1 through 3
• Francesca is admonished for not being firm and trim.
• Francesca begins to vomit to get rid of her dinner, losing four pounds the first week.
• Francesca is promised a spot in a prestigious ballet program.
• Francesca's mother takes her to the pediatrician, where she finds out she's lost ten pounds.
Chapters 4 through 6
• Francesca goes to a party, but hates all the alcohol and drugs, so she leaves early.
• Renaming herself Kessa, she begins to establish routines for herself.
• Kessa has lost seven more pounds in the next two weeks.
• Kessa goes to see a psychiatrist.
Chapters 7 through 9,
• Dr. Smith sees the family all at once.
• Kessa goes for six appointments, but then stops going.
• Kessa begins to do poorly in school.
• Dr. Waldman threatens to hospitalize Kessa if she doesn't gain weight.
Chapters 10 through 13
• Kessa has another appointment with Dr. Gordon, but misses it.
• Sandy Sherman...
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)