|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 - Epilogue - Final Word.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stance does Halberstam say the administration took as the public sentiment deteriorated?
(a) It became less forthcoming.
(b) It became more defensive.
(c) It became more removed.
(d) It became more repressive.
2. What family was McGeorge Bundy descended from?
(a) The Roosevelts.
(b) The Rockefellers.
(c) The New York Blisses.
(d) The New England Lowells.
3. When does Halberstam say that McNamara realized he had been misled about the conditions in Vietnam?
(a) In his March 1964 trip to Vietnam.
(b) When he received envoys from Vietnam in March of 1964.
(c) In his December 1963 trip to Vietnam.
(d) When he read the military reports in December 1963.
4. In what way does Halberstam say that Lyndon Johnson resembled Kennedy in his management style?
(a) Johnson used a cabinet of enemies.
(b) Johnson did not seek a wide variety of opinions.
(c) Johnson sought out expert opinions beyond his cabinet.
(d) Johnson trusted the military's reports.
5. Whom had Eleanor Roosevelt wanted Kennedy to appoint as Secretary of State?
(a) Robert McNamara.
(b) Adlai Stevenson.
(c) Chester Bowles.
(d) Dean Rusk.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Kennedy become well known in Washington?
2. What were people calling for by Thanksgiving 1964, in Halberstam's account?
3. What does Halberstam say McNamara had done while he was at Ford?
4. What does Halberstam say was the result of the Thanksgiving Day Massacre?
5. What did Johnson say he needed before they could move against the North?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)