|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Geneva Convention decide in Vietnam?
(a) It determined how prisoners of war would be exchanged.
(b) It divided the country in two, a north and a south.
(c) It established a procedure for holding elections.
(d) It sanctioned the north for its attacks on the south.
2. What does Halberstam say McNamara had done while he was at Ford?
(a) Innovated in the design of the production process.
(b) Created a fiscal crisis.
(c) Raised the quality of the product without raising the cost.
(d) Busted a unionization attempt.
3. What pressure does Halberstam say the events of September and October of 1963 relieved for Kennedy?
(a) He was relieved of budgetary pressure.
(b) He no longer felt the political pressure to deliver a victory.
(c) He no longer felt the need to prove himself to Kruschev.
(d) He felt like he was finally hitting his stride in the presidency.
4. What mistake had the Kennedy administration made in the Bay of Pigs invasion?
(a) They had not supplied enough men and material.
(b) They had not checked the weather for the invasion.
(c) They had underestimated the logistical difficulties of a landing.
(d) They had not seen that the Cuban people were not opposed to Castro.
5. What did the fact-finding mission discover at about the time of the problem with the Buddhist monks?
(a) Diem was not on top of the situation.
(b) Vast corruption.
(c) The U.S. was unprepared for guerilla warfare.
(d) The North was expanding its recruitment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rule does Halberstam say Kennedy was following in trying to appoint a Secretary of State?
2. What family was McGeorge Bundy descended from?
3. What was McNamara beginning to suspect in Vietnam?
4. What was Kennedy's relationship with the press during his presidential campaign?
5. What position did the Kennedy administration take with regard to nuclear disarmament?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)