|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chester Bowles think was the most important issue to confront?
(a) Military expansion.
(c) Budget cuts.
(d) Race issues.
2. How does Halberstam say Dean Rusk felt about his interview with Kennedy for the Secretary of State job?
(a) Not well.
(c) He felt he had not been articulate enough.
(d) He did not know whether he could serve under Kennedy.
3. Whom did Robert Lovett recommend to Kennedy for Secretary of State?
(a) McGeorge Bundy.
(b) Chester Bowles.
(c) Dean Rusk.
(d) Robert McNamara.
4. How did Kennedy's followers feel about Chester Bowles' ideas?
(a) They did not appreciate them.
(b) They were antithetical to them.
(c) They were looking for ways to follow them.
(d) They were inspired by them.
5. What issue had Kennedy and Dean Rusk had to discuss when Dean Rusk was offered the Secretary of State job?
(a) Rusk's Judaism.
(b) Family values.
(d) Personal morality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Halberstam say was the sense in the Kennedy administration as they came into office?
2. What was Kennedy in the process of doing at the beginning of the book?
3. What rule does Halberstam say Kennedy was following in trying to appoint a Secretary of State?
4. What did Robert Lovett remember about Kennedy after the assassination?
5. What had Robert Lovett been before entering government?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)