|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Halberstam say Dean Rusk felt about his interview with Kennedy for the Secretary of State job?
(a) He did not know whether he could serve under Kennedy.
(c) Not well.
(d) He felt he had not been articulate enough.
2. What did the Kennedy administration represent to America?
(a) Culture and American cosmopolitanism.
(b) Catholicism and American sectionalism.
(c) Elitism and a new American nationalism.
(d) Wealth and American individualism.
3. Where does the book open?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Kennedy's family home in Massachusetts.
(d) Kennedy's Georgetown townhouse.
4. What were Eleanor Roosevelt's feelings about Kennedy?
(a) She resented his inexperience.
(b) She admired his leadership.
(c) She distrusted his Catholicism.
(d) She did not entirely trust him.
5. What made McGeorge Bundy an effective administrator?
(a) He had a rigid sense of principle.
(b) He did not brook opposition.
(c) He could sense what others were thinking and what they needed.
(d) He listened to others and used their ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Robert Lovett represent for Kennedy?
2. How did Kennedy's followers feel about Chester Bowles' ideas?
3. Whom did Robert Lovett recommend to Kennedy for Secretary of Defense?
4. Why did Robert Lovett demur about being appointed in the Kennedy administration?
5. What did Robert Lovett remember about Kennedy after the assassination?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)