|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Robert Lovett been before entering government?
(a) An investment banker.
(b) An automobile executive.
(c) An insurance salesman.
(d) A career military officer.
2. When did Kennedy become well known in Washington?
(a) When he first entered politics.
(b) In his race for Senate.
(c) In the 1960 campaign.
(d) During the Cuban Missile Crisis.
3. What did Robert Lovett remember about Kennedy after the assassination?
(a) Kennedy's romantic ideology.
(b) Kennedy's weakness in the face of challenges.
(c) Kennedy's kindness and consideration.
(d) Kennedy's youth and inexperience.
4. Why didn't Kennedy offer the position of Secretary of State to David Bruce?
(a) Bruce was felt to be too young.
(b) Bruce was felt to be too old.
(c) Bruce was felt to be too conservative.
(d) Bruce was felt to be too academic.
5. What did Robert Lovett represent for Kennedy?
(a) A link to previous administrations.
(b) A brilliant theoretical thinker.
(c) A bright new talent.
(d) A connection with the opposition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Robert Lovett recommend to Kennedy for Secretary of State?
2. What made McGeorge Bundy an effective administrator?
3. What does Halberstam say was the sense in the Kennedy administration as they came into office?
4. What issue had Kennedy and Dean Rusk had to discuss when Dean Rusk was offered the Secretary of State job?
5. How did Kennedy's followers feel about Chester Bowles' ideas?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)