|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Robert Lovett remember about Kennedy after the assassination?
(a) Kennedy's romantic ideology.
(b) Kennedy's kindness and consideration.
(c) Kennedy's weakness in the face of challenges.
(d) Kennedy's youth and inexperience.
2. What had Robert Lovett been before entering government?
(a) An insurance salesman.
(b) An investment banker.
(c) An automobile executive.
(d) A career military officer.
3. Where does the book open?
(b) Kennedy's Georgetown townhouse.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Kennedy's family home in Massachusetts.
4. How does Halberstam say Dean Rusk felt in the Kennedy administration?
(a) He felt like the smartest of the bunch.
(b) He always felt like an outsider.
(c) He felt like a new kid without enough respect.
(d) He felt like the spokesman of the party.
5. What issue had Kennedy and Dean Rusk had to discuss when Dean Rusk was offered the Secretary of State job?
(a) Personal morality.
(b) Family values.
(c) Rusk's Judaism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Kennedy's position on the Cold War policies of his predecessors?
2. What committee had Kennedy served on in the Senate?
3. What was Kennedy in the process of doing at the beginning of the book?
4. Why didn't Kennedy offer the position of Secretary of State to J. William Fulbright?
5. What family was McGeorge Bundy descended from?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)