|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Key" who is the dead person Bessie sees?
(a) Caroline, her daughter.
(b) Her Uncle Buck.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Sam, her husband.
2. In "Birthmates" whom does Art not want to see at the conference?
3. In "The Key" Bessie thinks _______________ live in her neighborhood.
(a) Thieves and gangsters.
(b) Former Presidents.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her grandchildren.
4. In "The Shawl" who steals the shawl?
5. In "Gesturing" what does Richard see etched in glass?
(a) "It's over."
(b) "I trust you."
(c) "I love you."
(d) "With this ring I thee wed."
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Key" what type of figure does Bessie have?
2. In "A City of Churches" who shows Cecilia around?
3. In "The Key" how many children does Bessie have?
4. In "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?" where does the family go on their outing?
5. In "Birthmates" what gender was Art and his wife's unborn child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zoe know about the pain in her abdomen in "You're Ugly, Too"?
2. In "The Rotifer" where does the narrator first see her cousin's fiance?
3. In "The Key" what measures has Bessie taken to thwart those who are out to get her?
4. In "The Key" how did Bessie's life used to be?
5. Do you think that Connie did the right thing by going with Arnold in "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?"
6. In "A City of Churches" what does Cecilia say she will do that the townspeople won't like?
7. In "The Shawl" does Stella feel guilt for causing the death of her baby sister?
8. Do you think there is an actual City of Churches somewhere?
9. Assuming that Connie is assaulted by Arnold after "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?" ends, do you think that Connie would have reported the rape?
10. In "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?" what does Connie usually do with her friends?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)