|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Birthmates" Art is hit over the head with ___________.
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A telephone.
(d) A skateboard.
2. In "Gesturing" who is Richard's wife?
3. In "The Key" where does Bessie fall asleep?
(a) The hallway.
(b) A motel room.
(c) The alley.
(d) On the steps of a church.
4. In "The Rotifer" what is the narrator's name?
5. What is a rotifer?
(a) A fine cheese.
(b) A microscopic aquatic animal.
(c) A lung disease.
(d) A form of algae.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Janus"?
2. In "A City of Churches" what do the citizens tell Cecilia they will not do?
3. In "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?" where does the family go on their outing?
4. In "The Rotifer" what is the name of the narrator's cousin?
5. In "Birthmates" who is Art's ex-wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "A City of Churches" why doesn't Cecilia seem to be afraid of the town and its people?
2. In "The Rotifer" where does the narrator first see her cousin's fiance?
3. In "The Shawl" how does the garment feed both Magda and her mother?
4. Describe Bessie's paranoia in "The Key."
5. In "The Key" how did Bessie's life used to be?
6. Describe Earl and Zoe's costumes in "You're Ugly, Too" and how they are relevant to the story.
7. What does Zoe know about the pain in her abdomen in "You're Ugly, Too"?
8. In "Birthmates" why doesn't Art like Billy?
9. Who is a stronger person, Bessie of "The Key" or Cecilia of "A City of Churches"?
10. Do you think there is an actual City of Churches somewhere?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)