|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Birthmates" what is Art's last name?
2. In "A City of Churches" what do the citizens tell Cecilia they will not do?
(a) Rent cars.
(b) Rent to her.
(c) Cook dinner for her.
3. In "Birthmates" what gender was Art and his wife's unborn child?
(a) It was a girl.
(b) It doesn't say.
(c) Twin boys.
(d) It was a boy.
4. In "The Key" what type of figure does Bessie have?
5. In "The Key" who is the dead person Bessie sees?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Sam, her husband.
(c) Caroline, her daughter.
(d) Her Uncle Buck.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Shawl" who is the older sister?
2. In "The Shawl" who steals the shawl?
3. Who wrote "The Shawl"?
4. In "A City of Churches" Cecilia works for ____________.
5. In "Gesturing," on what do Richard and Joan agree?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Gesturing" what do Joan and Ruth have in common?
2. In "The Shawl" how does the garment feed both Magda and her mother?
3. In "The Rotifer" do you think that the narrator should have told her cousin about her cheating fiance?
4. What measure does Zoe take to not offend her sister in "You're Ugly, Too"?
5. In "The Gesturing" does Richard still love Joan? How can you tell?
6. In "Janus" how is Andrea two-faced when she is with her lover?
7. In "The Shawl" does Stella feel guilt for causing the death of her baby sister?
8. Describe the motel in "Birthmates."
9. Describe Earl and Zoe's costumes in "You're Ugly, Too" and how they are relevant to the story.
10. In "Janus" how is Andrea two-faced after her lover leaves her?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)