|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Key" how many children does Bessie have?
2. In "Janus" what did he main character's lover want her to do?
(a) Live in a garden.
(b) Leave her husband.
(c) Deceive her master.
(d) Remain with her husband.
3. In "You're Ugly, Too" where does Zoe have pains?
(a) Her abdomen.
(b) Her toe.
(c) Her knee.
(d) Her back.
4. In "Gesturing," on what do Richard and Joan agree?
(a) They will stop seeing each other.
(b) They will always love each other.
(c) Their marriage has become stale.
(d) They want to continue their affair.
5. In "A City of Churches" what does Cecilia say she will dream about?
(a) Visions of sugarplums.
(b) The life they are most afraid of.
(d) Acts of violence with blood and gore.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Shawl" who steals the shawl?
2. In "You're Ugly, Too" what costume does Zoe wear to the Halloween party?
3. In "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?" how old does Arnold claim to be?
4. Who wrote "The Key"?
5. In "Gesturing" what does Richard see etched in glass?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Gesturing" does Richard still love Joan? How can you tell?
2. In "A City of Churches" what does Cecilia say she will do that the townspeople won't like?
3. Do you think that Connie did the right thing by going with Arnold in "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?"
4. Why doesn't Zoe get fired from her job in "You're Ugly, Too"?
5. Who is a stronger person, Bessie of "The Key" or Cecilia of "A City of Churches"?
6. Describe Earl and Zoe's costumes in "You're Ugly, Too" and how they are relevant to the story.
7. Describe Bessie's paranoia in "The Key."
8. How does Connie feel about her family in "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?"
9. In "The Rotifer" do you think that the narrator should have told her cousin about her cheating fiance?
10. In "The Shawl" how does the garment feed both Magda and her mother?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)