|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Key" whom has Bessie written letters to for help?
(a) The police, the mayor, the FBI, and the President.
(b) The Department of Children and Families.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her church.
2. In "The Rotifer" what is the fiance's name?
3. In "The Rotifer" the narrator does research for which family?
4. In "You're Ugly, Too" what is Zoe's profession?
5. In "The Rotifer" what color hair did the woman in the taxi cab have?
6. In "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?" what is Connie doing when Arnold shows up?
(a) Doing the dishes.
(b) Listening to the radio.
(d) Taking a bath.
7. In "A City of Churches" what does Cecilia say she will dream about?
(a) The life they are most afraid of.
(b) Visions of sugarplums.
(c) Acts of violence with blood and gore.
8. In "Gesturing" how does Joan smoke her cigarettes?
(a) She doesn't smoke.
(b) In a cigarette holder.
(c) Like a man.
(d) Completely, until there is nothing left.
9. In "The Rotifer" what is the narrator looking through at the beginning of he story?
(a) A microscope.
(b) A diary.
(c) A telephone book.
(d) A window.
10. In "The Rotifer" what is the name of the narrator's cousin?
11. In "You're Ugly, Too" who does Charlie want her to meet?
12. In "A City of Churches" why do they need Cecilia to stay?
(a) To teach Sunday school.
(b) She cooks well.
(c) To sing in the choir.
(d) In order to make their town perfect.
13. In "Janus" the main character attributes her success to _____________.
(a) A bowl.
(b) Good advertising.
(c) Her charm.
(d) The economy.
14. In "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?" what is the name of Arnold's friend?
15. In "Birthmates" who is Art's ex-wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Key" who keeps Bessie's groceries for her?
2. In "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?" how old is Connie?
3. In "Birthmates" whom does Art talk to at the conference?
4. Who wrote "Birthmates"?
5. In "The Shawl" who kills Magda?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)