|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Gesturing" who is Richard's wife?
2. In "The Rotifer" what is the name of the narrator's cousin?
3. In "Janus" the main character attributes her success to _____________.
(a) Good advertising.
(b) A bowl.
(c) Her charm.
(d) The economy.
4. In "The Rotifer" what happens to the cousin's relationship with her husband?
(a) They have a long distance relationship.
(b) They continue to love each other always.
(c) They get a divorce.
(d) They come to hate each other but stay married for the kids.
5. In "The Rotifer" what happens to the cousin's father?
(a) He kills his son-in-law.
(b) He goes to jail.
(c) He moves to Paris.
(d) He dies.
6. In "Birthmates" whom does Art talk to at the conference?
7. In "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?" what is Connie doing when Arnold shows up?
(a) Doing the dishes.
(b) Listening to the radio.
(d) Taking a bath.
8. In "You're Ugly, Too" what is Zoe's profession?
9. In "The Key" what does Bessie know her landlord has put in her house?
(b) Rats and Roaches.
(c) A new heater.
(d) A broken thermostat.
10. In "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?" how old is June?
11. In "The Shawl" who steals the shawl?
12. In "A City of Churches" why do they need Cecilia to stay?
(a) To sing in the choir.
(b) To teach Sunday school.
(c) In order to make their town perfect.
(d) She cooks well.
13. Who wrote "Gesturing"?
(a) Paul Simon.
(b) Simone Marx.
(c) Katrina Kenison.
(d) John Updike.
14. In "A City of Churches" what does Cecilia say she will dream about?
(a) Visions of sugarplums.
(c) The life they are most afraid of.
(d) Acts of violence with blood and gore.
15. In "A City of Churches" what is the name of the city?
(a) St. Tippers.
(d) It doesn't say.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Key" where does Bessie fall asleep?
2. In "The Rotifer" where had the narrator seen her cousin's fiance before she officially met him?
3. In "The Key" in what city does Bessie live?
4. In "The Shawl" who is the older sister?
5. Who wrote "The Key"?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)