|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A City of Churches" why do they need Cecilia to stay?
(a) To teach Sunday school.
(b) To sing in the choir.
(c) In order to make their town perfect.
(d) She cooks well.
2. In "The Shawl" who is the baby?
3. In "You're Ugly, Too" what costume does Zoe wear to the Halloween party?
(a) Fairy wings.
(b) A harpoon headband.
(c) Deer antlers.
(d) A witch's hat.
4. In "A City of Churches" Cecilia works for ____________.
(a) An insurance agency.
(b) A car rental company.
(c) A school.
(d) A bank.
5. In "The Shawl" who kills Magda?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) The mayor.
(d) A Nazi soldier.
6. In "A City of Churches" what does Cecilia say she will dream about?
(a) The life they are most afraid of.
(b) Acts of violence with blood and gore.
(d) Visions of sugarplums.
7. Who is Janus?
(a) The main character's husband.
(b) The homeowner.
(c) A guitarist.
(d) A Roman god with two faces.
8. In "The Key" where does Bessie fall asleep?
(a) The alley.
(b) The hallway.
(c) On the steps of a church.
(d) A motel room.
9. In "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?" why doesn't Connie want to go on the family outing?
(a) She has to go to work.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She would rather go to church.
(d) It won't be fun.
10. In "Birthmates" whom does Art not want to see at the conference?
11. In "Gesturing" how does Joan smoke her cigarettes?
(a) In a cigarette holder.
(b) Like a man.
(c) She doesn't smoke.
(d) Completely, until there is nothing left.
12. In "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?" what is Connie doing when Arnold shows up?
(a) Listening to the radio.
(b) Taking a bath.
(c) Doing the dishes.
13. Who wrote "The Rotifer"?
(a) Mary Ladd Gavell.
(b) Jill Patterson.
(c) Kim Chung-Greene.
(d) Fannie Flagg.
14. In "Janus" what did he main character's lover want her to do?
(a) Remain with her husband.
(b) Leave her husband.
(c) Live in a garden.
(d) Deceive her master.
15. In "The Rotifer" what is the name of the narrator's cousin?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Shawl" what does the shawl conceal?
2. In "A City of Churches" what is the name of the city?
3. In "You're Ugly, Too" who does Charlie want her to meet?
4. In "The Key" what type of figure does Bessie have?
5. Who wrote "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?" ?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)