|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "You're Ugly, Too" what is the name of Zoe's sister?
2. In "The Shawl" who is the mother?
3. In "Birthmates" who is Art's birthmate?
(a) No one.
4. In "Gesturing" how does Joan smoke her cigarettes?
(a) She doesn't smoke.
(b) Completely, until there is nothing left.
(c) Like a man.
(d) In a cigarette holder.
5. In "The Rotifer" what is the fiance's name?
6. In "The Shawl" who steals the shawl?
7. In "Birthmates" what is Art's last name?
8. In "Gesturing" what does Richard see etched in glass?
(a) "With this ring I thee wed."
(b) "I trust you."
(c) "I love you."
(d) "It's over."
9. In "The Shawl" who kills Magda?
(a) Her brother.
(b) The mayor.
(c) A Nazi soldier.
(d) Her father.
10. Who wrote "The Key"?
(a) Anne Frank.
(b) Kahlil Gibran.
(c) Michael Moore.
(d) Isaac Beshevis Singer.
11. Who wrote "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?" ?
(a) Joyce Carol Oates.
(b) Zora Neale Hurston.
(c) Fannie Flagg.
(d) Sue Monk Kidd.
12. In "Janus" the main character attributes her success to _____________.
(a) Good advertising.
(b) A bowl.
(c) Her charm.
(d) The economy.
13. In "The Key" how many children does Bessie have?
14. In "The Rotifer" what is the narrator's name?
15. Who wrote "A City of Churches"?
(a) Donald Barthelme.
(b) Sun Tzu.
(c) Ted Danson.
(d) Kahlil Gibran.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?" what is Connie doing when Arnold shows up?
2. In "Gesturing" who is Richard's mistress?
3. In "The Rotifer" what state is the narrator in at the beginning of the story?
4. In "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?" where do Connie and her friends actually go to hang out?
5. In "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?" how old does Arnold claim to be?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)