|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Wild Plums" what is the narrator's name?
(c) The reader is not told.
(d) Anna Marie.
2. In "My Dead Brother Comes to America," how did the brother die?
(a) He committed suicide.
(b) In a car accident.
(c) In the war.
(d) He choked on a peanut.
3. In "That in Aleppo Once..." whom does the narrator find on the boat?
(a) His wife.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The grocer.
(d) His dog.
4. In "The Country Husband" who kisses Francis?
(a) The secretary.
(b) The maid.
(d) The neighbor.
5. In "The Hitch-Hikers" where does Tom Harris take the men?
(a) A motel.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A church.
(d) A funeral.
6. Who wrote "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin"?
(a) Tennessee Williams.
(b) Bob Hope.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Augusten Burroughs.
7. In "The Killers" what was Ole Anderson's former profession?
(a) He was a bookie.
(b) He was a priest.
(c) He was a boxer.
(d) He was a school teacher.
8. In "My Dead Brother Comes to America," what does the family do after they are all in the new home?
(c) Throws a party.
(d) Makes dinner.
9. In "The Other Woman," in front of whom does the storyteller cry?
(a) His co-workers.
(b) His mother-in-law.
(c) The other woman.
(d) His fiancee and wedding guests.
10. In "That in Aleppo Once..." the narrator immigrates to ____________.
(d) South Africa.
11. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what makes Mr. Trexler happy?
(a) Feeling the sun in his face.
(b) Knowing he doesn't want the same things as the doctor.
(d) French fries.
12. In "The Killers" what is the name of the location that the first part of the story takes place?
(c) St. Mary's.
(d) Pershing Middle School.
13. Who wrote "The Country Husband"?
(a) John Cheever.
(b) Dorothy Parker.
(c) Jean Stanford.
(d) John Updike.
14. In "Theft" what does the main character try to give the thief?
(a) A piece of her mind.
(c) A purse.
(d) A necklace.
15. In "The Hitch-Hikers" who receives the guitar in the end?
(a) The motel owner.
(b) A little black boy.
(d) Tom Harris.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Other Woman" when does the storyteller think of the other woman?
2. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what does Mr. Trexler travel several blocks without doing?
3. In "The Other Woman" where does the other woman work?
4. In "Wild Plums" who asks the young girl to go pluming?
5. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," whom does Mr. Trexler visit?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)