|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Other Woman" what important recognition has the storyteller received?
(a) He was voted "Man of the Year."
(b) He became head bishop.
(c) He caught a wanted criminal and received a reward.
(d) He was appointed to a government position and recognized for his poetry.
2. In "Christmas Gift" who is having a baby?
(a) The boy's mother.
(b) The neighbor's wife.
(c) The boy's sister.
(d) The family dog.
3. Who wrote "The Killers"?
(a) Sherlock Holmes.
(b) W.E.B. Du Bois.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
4. Who wrote "Theft"?
(a) Sam Collins.
(b) Dorothy Parker.
(c) Katherine Anne Porter.
(d) Fannie Flagg.
5. In "The Hitch-Hikers" what color is the guitar?
6. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin," who is the boy's best friend?
(a) His mother.
(c) His sister.
7. In "My Dead Brother Comes to America," what does the family do after they are all in the new home?
(a) Makes dinner.
(c) Throws a party.
8. In "My Dead Brother Comes to America," the family is coming from ___________________.
(a) The Ukraine.
9. In "The Hitch-Hikers" who gives away the guitar?
(b) Tom Harris.
(c) The motel owner.
10. In "That in Aleppo Once..." what mode of transportation is taken on the way to the honeymoon?
11. In "Theft" who tries to steal from the main character?
(a) A friend.
(b) A lover.
(c) A janitress.
(d) Her mother.
12. In "Theft" why did the thief enter the main character's apartment?
(a) To have breakfast.
(b) To clean.
(c) To check the radiator.
(d) To visit.
13. In "That in Aleppo Once..." whom does the narrator find on the boat?
(a) His dog.
(b) The grocer.
(c) The doctor.
(d) His wife.
14. In "The Hitch-Hikers" who receives the guitar in the end?
(b) A little black boy.
(c) The motel owner.
(d) Tom Harris.
15. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what does Mr. Trexler travel several blocks without doing?
(a) Having chest pains.
(b) Yelling at his son.
(c) Having bizarre thoughts.
(d) Getting a blister.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Country Husband" what does Francis buy for Anne?
2. In "The Killers" where does the first part of the story take place?
3. In "The Killers" what does Ole Anderson do when he learns that people want to kill him?
4. In "Wild Plums" what does the narrator's mother say wild plums taste like?
5. In "That in Aleppo Once..." the narrator immigrates to ____________.
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)