|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "Christmas Gift"?
(a) Robert Penn Warren.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Henry Miller.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
2. In "My Dead Brother Comes to America," why is the mother nervous to see the father?
(a) She doesn't like him.
(b) She is always nervous.
(c) She no longer loves him.
(d) She has not told him of the death.
3. In "My Dead Brother Comes to America," the family is waiting onshore for ____________.
(a) The mother.
(b) A priest.
(c) The father.
(d) A policeman.
4. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin", what does Miss Aehle say about Richard and the sister?
(a) They are dating.
(b) They are musical prodigies.
(c) They have no talent.
(d) They look alike.
5. Who wrote "The Second Tree From the Corner"?
(a) William Shakespeare.
(b) E.B. White.
(c) William Faulkner.
(d) Eudora Welty.
6. Who wrote "The Other Woman"?
(a) Sherwood Anderson.
(b) Maya Angelou.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) John Smith.
7. In "Theft" who tries to steal from the main character?
(a) A janitress.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A lover.
(d) A friend.
8. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin," what does the boy turn to after he realizes he is losing his best friend?
(d) Horseback riding.
9. In "The Country Husband" who is Anne?
(a) Francis' daughter.
(b) The babysitter.
(c) The maid.
(d) Francis' wife.
10. In "The Other Woman" where does the other woman work?
(a) An office.
(b) At a cigar store.
(c) At a gas station.
(d) A school.
11. In "Theft" what does the main character try to give the thief?
(a) A purse.
(c) A piece of her mind.
(d) A necklace.
12. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin," who is the boy's best friend?
(b) His mother.
(d) His sister.
13. Who wrote "The Killers"?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) W.E.B. Du Bois.
(c) Sherlock Holmes.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
14. In "The Killers" why do the two killers enter a particular public place?
(a) Ole Anderson is hiding in the bathroom.
(b) Ole Anderson owns the establishment.
(c) Ole Anderson is supposed to come there.
(d) Ole Anderson just walked by.
15. In "The Country Husband" what does Julia love to do?
(a) Go to dinner parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Country Husband" what event happens at the beginning of the story?
2. In "The Country Husband" who listens to Francis tell about the event that has just happened?
3. In "That in Aleppo Once..." what does the wife's former address turn out to be?
4. In "Theft" the thief is stealing for ____________.
5. In "The Other Woman" the storyteller receives a letter from his fiancee. What does the letter say?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)