|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "That in Aleppo Once..." to whom are the letters written?
2. In "The Hitch-Hikers" what color is the guitar?
3. In "The Hitch-Hikers" who receives the guitar in the end?
(b) Tom Harris.
(c) A little black boy.
(d) The motel owner.
4. Who wrote "The Other Woman"?
(a) Sherwood Anderson.
(b) Maya Angelou.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) John Smith.
5. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin," how does the family lose contact with Richard?
(a) Richard goes to college out of state.
(b) They have an argument and never speak again.
(c) The family moves away.
(d) Richard refuses to return their calls.
6. In "Theft" what is the main character doing when the thief enters her apartment?
(c) Taking a bath.
(d) Talking on the telephone.
7. In "My Dead Brother Comes to America," the family is coming from ___________________.
(a) The Ukraine.
8. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin", what does Miss Aehle say about Richard and the sister?
(a) They look alike.
(b) They are musical prodigies.
(c) They have no talent.
(d) They are dating.
9. In "Theft" what reason does the thief give for stealing?
(a) She didn't steal anything.
(b) Her niece is graduating, and young girls need nice things.
(c) She needs money for medicine.
(d) Her daughter wanted the necklace.
10. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what does Mr. Trexler want?
(a) A car.
(b) A hospital wing.
(c) Unobtainable and unexplainable things.
(d) A drink.
11. In "Wild Plums" who asks the young girl to go pluming?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(d) The Slump family.
12. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin,", how old is Richard?
13. In "The Country Husband" what does Julia love to do?
(b) Go to dinner parties.
14. In "Theft" what is the main character's name?
(c) We are not told.
15. In "The Country Husband" who listens to Francis tell about the event that has just happened?
(b) Francis' children.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Country Husband" what does Francis buy for Anne?
2. In "The Other Woman" the storyteller receives a letter from his fiancee. What does the letter say?
3. In "My Dead Brother Comes to America," how did the brother die?
4. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin," who is the boy's best friend?
5. In "Wild Plums" why does the young girl jump off her father's carriage?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)