Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Country Husband" Francis had been in the __________.
(b) Air Force.
2. In "Theft" what is the main character doing when the thief enters her apartment?
(b) Talking on the telephone.
(d) Taking a bath.
3. In "The Hitch-Hikers" where does Tom Harris take the men?
(a) A church.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A motel.
4. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what does the doctor want?
(a) A Corvette.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A hospital wing.
(d) A mistress.
5. In "The Country Husband" whom does Francis recognize at his neighbor's house?
(a) The guest of honor.
(b) The butler.
(c) The maid.
(d) The babysitter.
6. In "Wild Plums" who asks the young girl to go pluming?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The Slump family.
7. In "The Hitch-Hikers" who receives the guitar in the end?
(b) The motel owner.
(c) Tom Harris.
(d) A little black boy.
8. In "The Hitch-Hikers" what does Sobby try to steal?
(a) The car.
(c) The guitar.
9. Who wrote "Wild Plums"?
(a) Joyce Carol Oates.
(b) Jackie Kennedy.
(c) Fannie Flagg.
(d) Grace Stone Coates.
10. In "The Country Husband" who listens to Francis tell about the event that has just happened?
(b) Francis' children.
(c) No one.
11. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what makes Mr. Trexler happy?
(b) Feeling the sun in his face.
(c) Knowing he doesn't want the same things as the doctor.
(d) French fries.
12. In "Christmas Gift" who is having a baby?
(a) The boy's sister.
(b) The family dog.
(c) The boy's mother.
(d) The neighbor's wife.
13. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin", what does Miss Aehle say about Richard and the sister?
(a) They are dating.
(b) They are musical prodigies.
(c) They have no talent.
(d) They look alike.
14. In "Wild Plums" why does the young girl jump off her father's carriage?
(a) To run away.
(b) To get a drink of water.
(c) To play with the dog.
(d) To see if Mrs. Slump wore underwear.
15. In "Christmas Gift" what does the storekeeper give the boy?
(b) A sandwich.
(d) A spitwad.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what does Mr. Trexler deny having?
2. Who wrote "The Country Husband"?
3. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what mode of transportation does Mr. Trexler use?
4. In "The Other Woman," in front of whom does the storyteller cry?
5. Who wrote "Theft"?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)