|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Wild Plums" what was the Slump family supposed to return on their way to the woods?
(a) The plow.
(b) The bicycle.
(c) The jam jars.
(d) The plums.
2. In "That in Aleppo Once..." whom does the narrator find on the boat?
(a) The doctor.
(b) His dog.
(c) The grocer.
(d) His wife.
3. In "The Country Husband" Clayton Thomas is engaged to _______________.
4. In "The Hitch-Hikers" who kills Sanford?
(a) Tom Harris.
(b) The little boy.
(d) He kills himself.
5. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what does Mr. Trexler deny having?
(a) Chest pains.
(b) Bizarre thoughts.
(c) A child.
(d) Flat feet.
6. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin," what happens to Richard?
(a) He dies.
(b) He becomes a priest.
(c) He goes crazy.
(d) He marries the sister.
7. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," whom does Mr. Trexler visit?
(a) An obstetrician.
(b) A cardiologist.
(c) A psychiatrist.
(d) A podiatrist.
8. In "Wild Plums" who asks the young girl to go pluming?
(a) The Slump family.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
9. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin," how does the family lose contact with Richard?
(a) Richard goes to college out of state.
(b) The family moves away.
(c) They have an argument and never speak again.
(d) Richard refuses to return their calls.
10. In "My Dead Brother Comes to America," the family is coming from ___________________.
(b) The Ukraine.
11. In "The Hitch-Hikers" what does Sobby try to steal?
(a) The car.
(d) The guitar.
12. In "Theft" the thief is stealing for ____________.
(a) Her daughter.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her niece.
13. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin", what does Miss Aehle say about Richard and the sister?
(a) They look alike.
(b) They are musical prodigies.
(c) They are dating.
(d) They have no talent.
14. In "That in Aleppo Once..." to whom are the letters written?
15. In "Christmas Gift" who gives the boy a cigarette?
(a) The priest.
(b) A bum.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The storekeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Theft" what is the main character's name?
2. In "My Dead Brother Comes to America," how did the brother die?
3. In "The Country Husband" what event happens at the beginning of the story?
4. Who wrote "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin"?
5. In "The Other Woman" what is about to happen in the storyteller's life?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)