|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what does the doctor want?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A mistress.
(c) A Corvette.
(d) A hospital wing.
2. In "The Other Woman," in front of whom does the storyteller cry?
(a) His co-workers.
(b) His fiancee and wedding guests.
(c) The other woman.
(d) His mother-in-law.
3. In "The Killers" why do the two men want to kill Ole Anderson?
(a) Ole killed their brother.
(b) Ole owes money to his bookie.
(c) Ole is a Communist.
(d) The reader is not told.
4. In "That in Aleppo Once..." the wife cries for __________.
(a) Her family.
(b) A dog.
(d) A cat.
5. In "Christmas Gift" the boy is looking for __________.
(a) His father.
(b) The storekeeper.
(c) A priest.
(d) The doctor.
6. In "The Hitch-Hikers" what does Sobby try to steal?
(a) The guitar.
(b) The car.
7. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what does Mr. Trexler want?
(a) Unobtainable and unexplainable things.
(b) A car.
(c) A drink.
(d) A hospital wing.
8. In "Christmas Gift" who gives the boy a cigarette?
(a) The doctor.
(b) A bum.
(c) The priest.
(d) The storekeeper.
9. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what does Mr. Trexler deny having?
(a) Flat feet.
(b) Bizarre thoughts.
(c) Chest pains.
(d) A child.
10. In "Theft" what is the main character doing when the thief enters her apartment?
(c) Talking on the telephone.
(d) Taking a bath.
11. Who wrote "My Dead Brother Comes to America"?
(a) Alexander Godin.
(b) E.B. White.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) Sherwood Anderson.
12. Who wrote "Christmas Gift"?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(c) Henry Miller.
(d) Robert Penn Warren.
13. In "The Hitch-Hikers" what color is the guitar?
14. In "Theft" what does the main character try to give the thief?
(a) A piece of her mind.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A purse.
15. In "The Country Husband" what does Julia love to do?
(c) Go to dinner parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin," what happens to Richard?
2. In "That in Aleppo Once..." what does the wife's former address turn out to be?
3. In "Christmas Gift" who gives the boy directions?
4. In "Wild Plums" who asks the young girl to go pluming?
5. In "The Country Husband" who kisses Francis?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)