|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Wild Plums" who asks the young girl to go pluming?
(a) Her father.
(b) The Slump family.
(d) Her mother.
2. In "Theft" who tries to steal from the main character?
(a) A janitress.
(b) A friend.
(c) A lover.
(d) Her mother.
3. In "That in Aleppo Once..." whom does the narrator find on the boat?
(a) The grocer.
(b) His dog.
(c) His wife.
(d) The doctor.
4. In "That in Aleppo Once..." the wife cries for __________.
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) Her family.
5. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what does Mr. Trexler deny having?
(a) Chest pains.
(b) A child.
(c) Bizarre thoughts.
(d) Flat feet.
6. In "The Hitch-Hikers" what color is the guitar?
7. In "Theft" what is the main character's name?
(c) We are not told.
8. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin," what instrument does the sister play?
9. In "The Country Husband" how does Francis assault Julia?
(a) He shoves her down the stairs.
(b) He slaps her.
(c) He chokes her.
(d) He rapes her.
10. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin," what happens to Richard?
(a) He dies.
(b) He marries the sister.
(c) He becomes a priest.
(d) He goes crazy.
11. In "My Dead Brother Comes to America," what has the father gotten for all the children?
(b) Savings bonds.
(c) A new puppy.
(d) New hats and clothes.
12. Who wrote "The Second Tree From the Corner"?
(a) Eudora Welty.
(b) William Shakespeare.
(c) E.B. White.
(d) William Faulkner.
13. In "The Country Husband" who listens to Francis tell about the event that has just happened?
(a) Francis' children.
(d) No one.
14. In "That in Aleppo Once..." how does the narrator feel at the end of the story?
15. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin," what instrument does Richard play?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Christmas Gift" why does Sill enter the store?
2. Who wrote "Theft"?
3. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what does Mr. Trexler travel several blocks without doing?
4. In "Theft" what does the main character try to give the thief?
5. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what makes Mr. Trexler happy?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)