|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Other Woman" what is the name of the storyteller?
(c) We are not told.
2. Who wrote "The Hitch-Hikers"?
(a) Dorothy Parker.
(b) E.B. White.
(c) Augusten Burroughs.
(d) Eudora Welty.
3. Who wrote "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin"?
(a) Bob Hope.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Tennessee Williams.
(d) Augusten Burroughs.
4. In "The Hitch-Hikers" what does Sobby try to steal?
(c) The guitar.
(d) The car.
5. In "Theft" what is stolen?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A purse.
(c) A watch.
6. In "Christmas Gift" the boy is looking for __________.
(a) The doctor.
(b) The storekeeper.
(c) His father.
(d) A priest.
7. In "Wild Plums" what does the narrator's mother say wild plums taste like?
(a) Raw beets.
8. In "The Country Husband" who listens to Francis tell about the event that has just happened?
(a) No one.
(c) Francis' children.
9. In "The Other Woman" where does the other woman work?
(a) A school.
(b) At a gas station.
(c) An office.
(d) At a cigar store.
10. In "Theft" the thief is stealing for ____________.
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her daughter.
(d) Her niece.
11. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin," what does Richard do to hide the sister's mistakes during a recital?
(a) Tells her to play softly.
(b) Plays for her.
(c) Asks her not to play.
(d) Plays louder.
12. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin," how does the family lose contact with Richard?
(a) They have an argument and never speak again.
(b) Richard refuses to return their calls.
(c) Richard goes to college out of state.
(d) The family moves away.
13. In "That in Aleppo Once..." whom does the narrator find on the boat?
(a) The doctor.
(b) The grocer.
(c) His wife.
(d) His dog.
14. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what does Mr. Trexler want?
(a) Unobtainable and unexplainable things.
(b) A hospital wing.
(c) A drink.
(d) A car.
15. In "That in Aleppo Once..." to whom are the letters written?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Wild Plums" why does the narrator's father visit the Slump property?
2. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what makes Mr. Trexler happy?
3. In "The Killers" where does the first part of the story take place?
4. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin," what happens to Richard?
5. In "My Dead Brother Comes to America," why is the mother nervous to see the father?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)