|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," whom does Mr. Trexler visit?
(a) A cardiologist.
(b) An obstetrician.
(c) A podiatrist.
(d) A psychiatrist.
2. In "The Hitch-Hikers" what color is the guitar?
3. In "Christmas Gift" who is having a baby?
(a) The boy's mother.
(b) The boy's sister.
(c) The family dog.
(d) The neighbor's wife.
4. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin," what instrument does Richard play?
5. In "That in Aleppo Once..." the wife cries for __________.
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(d) Her family.
6. Who wrote "Theft"?
(a) Fannie Flagg.
(b) Katherine Anne Porter.
(c) Dorothy Parker.
(d) Sam Collins.
7. In "Christmas Gift" what does the storekeeper give the boy?
(b) A spitwad.
(c) A sandwich.
8. In "Theft" what is the main character doing when the thief enters her apartment?
(a) Taking a bath.
(b) Talking on the telephone.
9. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what makes Mr. Trexler happy?
(b) Feeling the sun in his face.
(c) French fries.
(d) Knowing he doesn't want the same things as the doctor.
10. In "The Killers" what is the name of the location that the first part of the story takes place?
(a) St. Mary's.
(d) Pershing Middle School.
11. Who wrote "Christmas Gift"?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Henry Miller.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) Robert Penn Warren.
12. In "Theft" the thief is stealing for ____________.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her niece.
(d) Her husband.
13. In "That in Aleppo Once..." what does the wife's former address turn out to be?
(a) A prison.
(b) A vacant lot.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A boat slip.
14. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what does Mr. Trexler want?
(a) A hospital wing.
(b) A drink.
(c) Unobtainable and unexplainable things.
(d) A car.
15. In "The Hitch-Hikers" who gives away the guitar?
(b) The motel owner.
(d) Tom Harris.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Killers" where does the first part of the story take place?
2. In "The Killers" why do the two killers enter a particular public place?
3. Who wrote "The Other Woman"?
4. In "The Country Husband" Clayton Thomas is engaged to _______________.
5. In "My Dead Brother Comes to America," the family is waiting onshore for ____________.
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)