|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Hitch-Hikers" who receives the guitar in the end?
(a) A little black boy.
(b) The motel owner.
(d) Tom Harris.
2. In "My Dead Brother Comes to America," the family is coming from ___________________.
(a) The Ukraine.
3. In "The Other Woman" when does the storyteller think of the other woman?
(a) When he is at the gas station.
(b) When he is on vacation.
(c) Only at night.
(d) When he is with his wife.
4. In "That in Aleppo Once..." the narrator immigrates to ____________.
(a) South Africa.
5. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what does Mr. Trexler deny having?
(a) Flat feet.
(b) Chest pains.
(c) Bizarre thoughts.
(d) A child.
6. In "The Other Woman" what important recognition has the storyteller received?
(a) He was voted "Man of the Year."
(b) He caught a wanted criminal and received a reward.
(c) He was appointed to a government position and recognized for his poetry.
(d) He became head bishop.
7. In "My Dead Brother Comes to America," the family is waiting onshore for ____________.
(a) The mother.
(b) A policeman.
(c) The father.
(d) A priest.
8. In "That in Aleppo Once..." whom does the narrator find on the boat?
(a) The doctor.
(b) His dog.
(c) His wife.
(d) The grocer.
9. Who wrote "The Hitch-Hikers"?
(a) Augusten Burroughs.
(b) Dorothy Parker.
(c) Eudora Welty.
(d) E.B. White.
10. In "The Hitch-Hikers" what color is the guitar?
11. In "The Hitch-Hikers" what does Sobby try to steal?
(b) The car.
(c) The guitar.
12. Who wrote "My Dead Brother Comes to America"?
(a) E.B. White.
(b) Sherwood Anderson.
(c) Alexander Godin.
(d) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
13. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," whom does Mr. Trexler visit?
(a) An obstetrician.
(b) A psychiatrist.
(c) A cardiologist.
(d) A podiatrist.
14. In "Theft" what does the main character try to give the thief?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A purse.
(d) A piece of her mind.
15. In "Theft" why did the thief enter the main character's apartment?
(a) To have breakfast.
(b) To clean.
(c) To check the radiator.
(d) To visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "My Dead Brother Comes to America," why is the mother nervous to see the father?
2. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin," the sister has a crush on ______________.
3. In "That in Aleppo Once..." how does the narrator feel at the end of the story?
4. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what mode of transportation does Mr. Trexler use?
5. In "The Hitch-Hikers" who kills Sanford?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)