|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Wild Plums" who asks the young girl to go pluming?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) The Slump family.
2. In "Theft" what does the main character try to give the thief?
(a) A purse.
(b) A necklace.
(d) A piece of her mind.
3. In "My Dead Brother Comes to America," how did the brother die?
(a) He committed suicide.
(b) In the war.
(c) He choked on a peanut.
(d) In a car accident.
4. In "The Other Woman" what is the name of the storyteller?
(a) We are not told.
5. In "That in Aleppo Once..." the wife cries for __________.
(a) Her family.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
6. In "The Killers" what was Ole Anderson's former profession?
(a) He was a boxer.
(b) He was a school teacher.
(c) He was a bookie.
(d) He was a priest.
7. In "Wild Plums" what does the narrator's mother say wild plums taste like?
(a) Raw beets.
8. In "Wild Plums" why does the narrator's father visit the Slump property?
(a) To go pluming.
(b) To collect rent.
(c) To retrieve his plow.
(d) To arrange his daughter's marriage.
9. Who wrote "The Killers"?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) W.E.B. Du Bois.
(c) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(d) Sherlock Holmes.
10. In "That in Aleppo Once..." how does the narrator feel at the end of the story?
11. In "The Country Husband" whom does Francis recognize at his neighbor's house?
(a) The guest of honor.
(b) The butler.
(c) The babysitter.
(d) The maid.
12. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin," what happens to Richard?
(a) He goes crazy.
(b) He marries the sister.
(c) He dies.
(d) He becomes a priest.
13. Who wrote "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin"?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Tennessee Williams.
(c) Augusten Burroughs.
(d) Bob Hope.
14. In "Christmas Gift" who gives the boy a cigarette?
(a) A bum.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The priest.
(d) The storekeeper.
15. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin," what instrument does the sister play?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Theft" who tries to steal from the main character?
2. In "The Killers" who goes to warn Ole that people want to kill him?
3. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what mode of transportation does Mr. Trexler use?
4. In "Theft" what reason does the thief give for stealing?
5. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what does Mr. Trexler deny having?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)