|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Killers" why do the two men want to kill Ole Anderson?
(a) Ole owes money to his bookie.
(b) The reader is not told.
(c) Ole killed their brother.
(d) Ole is a Communist.
2. In "The Other Woman" when does the storyteller think of the other woman?
(a) When he is with his wife.
(b) When he is on vacation.
(c) Only at night.
(d) When he is at the gas station.
3. In "The Hitch-Hikers" what does Sobby try to steal?
(c) The car.
(d) The guitar.
4. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin," what instrument does the sister play?
5. In "The Hitch-Hikers" who kills Sanford?
(a) The little boy.
(b) Tom Harris.
(d) He kills himself.
6. In "The Killers" what was Ole Anderson's former profession?
(a) He was a boxer.
(b) He was a school teacher.
(c) He was a bookie.
(d) He was a priest.
7. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin", what does Miss Aehle say about Richard and the sister?
(a) They are musical prodigies.
(b) They have no talent.
(c) They are dating.
(d) They look alike.
8. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin," how does the family lose contact with Richard?
(a) The family moves away.
(b) They have an argument and never speak again.
(c) Richard refuses to return their calls.
(d) Richard goes to college out of state.
9. In "The Hitch-Hikers" who gives away the guitar?
(b) Tom Harris.
(c) The motel owner.
10. In "The Country Husband" Clayton Thomas is engaged to _______________.
11. In "Christmas Gift" who gives the boy a cigarette?
(a) A bum.
(b) The priest.
(c) The doctor.
(d) The storekeeper.
12. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin," who is the boy's best friend?
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
13. In "That in Aleppo Once..." to whom are the letters written?
14. In "The Hitch-Hikers" who receives the guitar in the end?
(a) The motel owner.
(c) Tom Harris.
(d) A little black boy.
15. In "That in Aleppo Once..." what mode of transportation is taken on the way to the honeymoon?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Other Woman" what is about to happen in the storyteller's life?
2. In "The Other Woman" what important recognition has the storyteller received?
3. In "My Dead Brother Comes to America," the family is waiting onshore for ____________.
4. In "My Dead Brother Comes to America," how did the brother die?
5. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin," what does Richard do to hide the sister's mistakes during a recital?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)