|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 295-368.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Hitch-Hikers" who gives away the guitar?
(a) Tom Harris.
(c) The motel owner.
2. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what mode of transportation does Mr. Trexler use?
(a) He walks.
(b) The bus.
(c) A taxi.
(d) A bike.
3. Who wrote "The Hitch-Hikers"?
(a) Dorothy Parker.
(b) Augusten Burroughs.
(c) Eudora Welty.
(d) E.B. White.
4. In "Christmas Gift" who is having a baby?
(a) The boy's sister.
(b) The boy's mother.
(c) The family dog.
(d) The neighbor's wife.
5. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what does Mr. Trexler deny having?
(a) Flat feet.
(b) Bizarre thoughts.
(c) Chest pains.
(d) A child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "The Second Tree From the Corner"?
2. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin,", how old is Richard?
3. In "The Hitch-Hikers" what does Sobby try to steal?
4. In "That in Aleppo Once..." to whom are the letters written?
5. In "The Country Husband" what event happens at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)