|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 211-294.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Other Woman" what is the name of the storyteller?
(a) We are not told.
2. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what does the doctor want?
(a) A Corvette.
(b) A mistress.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A hospital wing.
3. In "My Dead Brother Comes to America," the family is coming from ___________________.
(d) The Ukraine.
4. In "The Killers" why do the two men want to kill Ole Anderson?
(a) The reader is not told.
(b) Ole is a Communist.
(c) Ole owes money to his bookie.
(d) Ole killed their brother.
5. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what does Mr. Trexler want?
(a) A car.
(b) A hospital wing.
(c) Unobtainable and unexplainable things.
(d) A drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Wild Plums" why does the narrator's father visit the Slump property?
2. In "The Killers" who goes to warn Ole that people want to kill him?
3. In "My Dead Brother Comes to America," why is the mother nervous to see the father?
4. In "Wild Plums" what does the Slump family throw to the narrator?
5. In "Christmas Gift" why does Sill enter the store?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)