|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 211-294.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Killers" who goes to warn Ole that people want to kill him?
(a) Sam Smadgen.
(b) Nick Adams.
(c) Bill Withers.
(d) George Proxy.
2. Who wrote "That in Aleppo Once..."?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Bob Smith.
(c) Tom Harris.
(d) Vladimir Nabokov.
3. In "Christmas Gift" why does Sill enter the store?
(a) He sees his father through the window.
(b) To buy sugar.
(c) He is hurt and needs help.
(d) To get warm.
4. In "The Other Woman" what is about to happen in the storyteller's life?
(a) He will become a priest.
(b) He will attend a funeral.
(c) He will soon be divorced.
(d) He will soon be married.
5. Who wrote "Wild Plums"?
(a) Jackie Kennedy.
(b) Fannie Flagg.
(c) Grace Stone Coates.
(d) Joyce Carol Oates.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Theft" what is the main character's name?
2. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what does the doctor want?
3. In "Christmas Gift" what does the storekeeper give the boy?
4. In "Theft" what does the main character try to give the thief?
5. In "That in Aleppo Once..." whom does the narrator find on the boat?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)