|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 211-294.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Wild Plums" what is the narrator's name?
(b) The reader is not told.
(d) Anna Marie.
2. In "Theft" the thief is stealing for ____________.
(b) Her niece.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her daughter.
3. Who wrote "Wild Plums"?
(a) Jackie Kennedy.
(b) Fannie Flagg.
(c) Grace Stone Coates.
(d) Joyce Carol Oates.
4. In "The Other Woman" where does the other woman work?
(a) At a gas station.
(b) An office.
(c) At a cigar store.
(d) A school.
5. In "The Second Tree From the Corner," what does Mr. Trexler deny having?
(a) Chest pains.
(b) Flat feet.
(c) A child.
(d) Bizarre thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Theft" what is the main character doing when the thief enters her apartment?
2. In "Wild Plums" what does the narrator's mother say wild plums taste like?
3. In "Wild Plums" what does the Slump family throw to the narrator?
4. In "The Killers" where does the first part of the story take place?
5. In "The Hitch-Hikers" who receives the guitar in the end?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)