|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 493-564.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Resemblance Between a Violin Case and a Coffin," the sister has a crush on ______________.
(c) Her brother.
2. In "Christmas Gift" what does the storekeeper give the boy?
(b) A spitwad.
(c) A sandwich.
3. In "The Country Husband" how does Francis assault Julia?
(a) He shoves her down the stairs.
(b) He slaps her.
(c) He rapes her.
(d) He chokes her.
4. In "The Country Husband" who listens to Francis tell about the event that has just happened?
(c) Francis' children.
(d) No one.
5. In "A City of Churches" why do they need Cecilia to stay?
(a) To teach Sunday school.
(b) She cooks well.
(c) To sing in the choir.
(d) In order to make their town perfect.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "My Dead Brother Comes to America," what has the father gotten for all the children?
2. In "Theft" why did the thief enter the main character's apartment?
3. In "My Dead Brother Comes to America," the family is coming from ___________________.
4. In "The Key" how many children does Bessie have?
5. In "A City of Churches" who shows Cecilia around?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)