|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Singer say about the money would be spent on, that is not given to helping the poor in "The Singer Solution to World Poverty"?
2. What does Williams think of the hunters reasoning to hunt in "The Killing Game"?
3. What is Steele considering in the essay "On Being Black and Middle Class"?
4. What does Wills compare this type of barbaric act to in "The Dramaturgy of Death"?
5. What is Williams discussing in her essay, "The Killing Game"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Oates thoughts on the difference of a house and a home in the essay, "They All Just Went Away,."
2. What does Steele say about her black identity in the essay, "On Being Black and Middle Class"?
3. What is Kincaid's attitude towards England in "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
4. Describe what Queenan thinks about American universities in "Matriculation Fixation"."
5. Describe Convoy's realization about 'sixths' in "Think About It."
6. Explain why Muhammad Ali was a world icon in the essay "Ali in Havana."
7. What does Updike say about the female body in "The Disposable Rocket"?
8. Describe Hodgman's response to the different foods she tastes in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch,"
9. What does Williams say about deer in "The Killing Game"?
10. What does Updike say about the male body in "The Disposable Rocket"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Williams' reasons to denounce modern day hunting practices in "The Killing Game." How is her argument beneficial or not beneficial to humans?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast what the author's struggles are in the essays, "Westbury Court" and "Mirrorings." Do you see more similarities or differences between the two essays?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the common reason that Wills mentions in "The Dramaturgy of Death" that people commit suicide.
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)