|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conroy realize after meeting with Judge Hand in "Think About It"?
2. What ethical system is Singer addressing in "The Singer Solution to World Poverty"?
3. Why do the hunters hunt according to Williams in "The Killing Game"?
4. Who outlined the exception to the first amendment in "Shouting Fire!"?
5. What does Dickerson think Johnny's assailant is doing in "Who Shot Johnny?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Queenan thinks about American universities in "Matriculation Fixation"."
2. What does Convoy finally accept at the end of his essay "Think About It"?
3. Describe Convoy's realization about 'sixths' in "Think About It."
4. Explain Hearne's reasons for the differences of human rights to those of a dog in the essay "What's Wrong With Animal Rights"?
5. What does Dickerson say about Johnny's assailant in "Who Shot Johnny?"
6. Describe the tone of Hodgman's essay "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch,"
7. What is Kincaid's attitude towards England in "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
8. What does Updike say about the male body in "The Disposable Rocket"?
9. What was the significance of Till's photos circulating and none of Byrd's in "Exquisite Corpse"?
10. What does Williams say about deer in "The Killing Game"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the common reason that Wills mentions in "The Dramaturgy of Death" that people commit suicide.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the purpose of the female and male bodies according to "The Disposable Rocket." Do you agree with Updike's opinion of the two genders?
Essay Topic 3
In the essays, "In Distrust of Movement" and "Think About It," what common concern are the authors pointing out? Support your argument with examples from the texts.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)