|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Halberstam, between what events does America go to slumber in "Who We Are"?
2. What happened to Dickerson's nephew Johnny in "Who Shot Johnny?"?
3. What was Kincaid taught to think in "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
4. What did Hodgman find in her food that made her question the experiment for science's sake in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
5. What ethical system is Singer addressing in "The Singer Solution to World Poverty"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Williams say about deer in "The Killing Game"?
2. What two things is Wills comparing in "The Dramaturgy of Death"?
3. Describe Hodgman's response to the different foods she tastes in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch,"
4. Describe the tone of Hodgman's essay "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch,"
5. What is Kincaid's attitude towards England in "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
6. What does Dickerson say about Johnny's assailant in "Who Shot Johnny?"
7. Describe Oates thoughts on the difference of a house and a home in the essay, "They All Just Went Away,."
8. Describe Convoy's realization about 'sixths' in "Think About It."
9. Explain Hearne's reasons for the differences of human rights to those of a dog in the essay "What's Wrong With Animal Rights"?
10. What does Updike say about the male body in "The Disposable Rocket"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the antagonist of "A Lovely Sort of Lower Purpose" by Ian Frazier.
Essay Topic 2
List and describe the religious elements in Barry Lopez's "The Stone Horse."
Essay Topic 3
What do you think Philip Petit from "Turning Point" would say to David Rahm from "The Stunt Pilot"? Consider the risks and artistry in each of their professions.
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)