|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hodgman find in her food that made her question the experiment for science's sake in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
2. Why was this justification used for the death penalty in "The Dramaturgy of Death"?
3. What is prohibited in the first amendment?
4. What was the verdict of the wet food in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
5. What was the verdict on the dry foods taste in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dickerson say about Johnny's assailant in "Who Shot Johnny?"
2. What was the significance of Till's photos circulating and none of Byrd's in "Exquisite Corpse"?
3. Why did Till's mother want his coffin to remain open in the essay "Exquisite Corpse"?
4. What does Williams say about the reasons hunters give for hunting in the essay "The Killing Game"?
5. Describe the tone of Hodgman's essay "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch,"
6. What event happened that made Americans want to return to that slumber of isolation in "Who We Are"?
7. Describe what Queenan thinks about American universities in "Matriculation Fixation"."
8. Explain Hearne's reasons for the differences of human rights to those of a dog in the essay "What's Wrong With Animal Rights"?
9. Describe Oates thoughts on the difference of a house and a home in the essay, "They All Just Went Away,."
10. What does Williams say about deer in "The Killing Game"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think Philip Petit from "Turning Point" would say to David Rahm from "The Stunt Pilot"? Consider the risks and artistry in each of their professions.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the purpose of the female and male bodies according to "The Disposable Rocket." Do you agree with Updike's opinion of the two genders?
Essay Topic 3
In the essays, "In Distrust of Movement" and "Think About It," what common concern are the authors pointing out? Support your argument with examples from the texts.
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)