|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Oates reflecting on and comparing in "They All Just Went Away"?
2. Who does Talese accompany to Cuba in "Ali in Havana"?
3. What does Kincaid recall being forced to memorize in school in "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
4. What was the verdict on the dry foods taste in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
5. What example does Conroy give about a person's realization or application to something in "Think About It"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast what the author's struggles are in the essays, "Westbury Court" and "Mirrorings." Do you see more similarities or differences between the two essays?
Essay Topic 2
List and describe the religious elements in Barry Lopez's "The Stone Horse."
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the perception of female bodies to male bodies in "Heaven and Nature," by Edward Hoagland.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)