|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose rights is Hearne defending in "What's Wrong With Animal Rights?"?
2. Where is Kincaid a native of in the essay "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
3. What does Updike say that men think about their bodies?
4. What is Hearne's profession in "What's Wrong With Animal Rights?"?
5. What small facet does Berry NOT mention "In Distrust of Movements"?
Essay Topic 1
How do the motivations of Ofri and Tan differ from each other in "Merced" and "Mother Tongue." How are the two alike? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the antagonist of "A Lovely Sort of Lower Purpose" by Ian Frazier.
Essay Topic 3
"Exquisite Corpse," by Ashraf Rushdy discusses the photography of African Americans that had been lynched. If James Byrd's lynching had been photographed, how would the country's reaction have compared to the lynching of Emmett Till in 1955?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)