|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the verdict of the wet food in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
2. Whose rights is Hearne defending in "What's Wrong With Animal Rights?"?
3. Where is Kincaid a native of in the essay "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
4. What was the result on the chicken and beef in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
5. What magazine is mentioned having a cartoon that is equivalent to shouting fire in "Shouting Fire!"?
Essay Topic 1
"On Seeing England for the First Time" by Jamaica Kincaid discusses her relation of her nation's identity to England. Do you think your response to that superior country would be the same as Kincaid's or different? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the role that 'secrets' play in the essays, "The Blue Machinery of Summer" and "Book Marks."
Essay Topic 3
List and describe the religious elements in Barry Lopez's "The Stone Horse."
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)