|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conroy realize after meeting with Judge Hand in "Think About It"?
2. What does Updike say about the male in "The Disposable Rocket"?
3. What did Hodgman find in her food that made her question the experiment for science's sake in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
4. What does Williams think of the hunters reasoning to hunt in "The Killing Game"?
5. What does Singer say about the money would be spent on, that is not given to helping the poor in "The Singer Solution to World Poverty"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kincaid's attitude towards England in "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
2. Explain why Muhammad Ali was a world icon in the essay "Ali in Havana."
3. What two things is Wills comparing in "The Dramaturgy of Death"?
4. Describe Convoy's realization about 'sixths' in "Think About It."
5. Describe Oates thoughts on the difference of a house and a home in the essay, "They All Just Went Away,."
6. What is utilitarianism according to Singer in "The Singer Solution to World Poverty"?
7. Describe the tone of Hodgman's essay "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch,"
8. What does Williams say about the reasons hunters give for hunting in the essay "The Killing Game"?
9. Why is the Quechan horse still intact, unlike the other archaeological monuments in "The Stone Horse" by Barry Lopez?
10. What does Updike say about the female body in "The Disposable Rocket"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the tangible and intangible role of human existence in the essay "Spring" by Gretel Ehrlich. What and who does Ehrlich mention as she reflects the significance of humans?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the perception of female bodies to male bodies in "Heaven and Nature," by Edward Hoagland.
Essay Topic 3
In the essay, "They All Just Went Away" how is an abandoned house like a decaying corpse?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)