|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say about deer being overpopulated in "The Killing Game"?
2. What does Updike say about the female in "The Disposable Rocket"?
3. What did Johnny do to be attacked in "Who Shot Johnny?"?
4. What does Kincaid say about England in "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
5. What does Williams think of the hunters reasoning to hunt in "The Killing Game"?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast what the author's struggles are in the essays, "Westbury Court" and "Mirrorings." Do you see more similarities or differences between the two essays?
Essay Topic 2
"Exquisite Corpse," by Ashraf Rushdy discusses the photography of African Americans that had been lynched. If James Byrd's lynching had been photographed, how would the country's reaction have compared to the lynching of Emmett Till in 1955?
Essay Topic 3
"On Seeing England for the First Time" by Jamaica Kincaid discusses her relation of her nation's identity to England. Do you think your response to that superior country would be the same as Kincaid's or different? Explain.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)