Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say about deer being overpopulated in "The Killing Game"?
2. What does Updike say about the female in "The Disposable Rocket"?
3. What did Johnny do to be attacked in "Who Shot Johnny?"?
4. What does Kincaid say about England in "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
5. What does Williams think of the hunters reasoning to hunt in "The Killing Game"?
Essay Topic 1
In the essays, "In Distrust of Movement" and "Think About It," what common concern are the authors pointing out? Support your argument with examples from the texts.
Essay Topic 2
"Exquisite Corpse," by Ashraf Rushdy discusses the photography of African Americans that had been lynched. If James Byrd's lynching had been photographed, how would the country's reaction have compared to the lynching of Emmett Till in 1955?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the difference between a top-tier university and what Queenan calls a "middling" university and why people prefer a top-tier school.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)