|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems to be the previous library book reader of "Book Marks"?
2. Who does Komunyakaa become close with where he works?
3. What does Dillard compare the exhaust trail of the plane to in "The Stunt Pilot"?
4. What does Frazier NOT mention creeping its way into idleness in "A Lovely Sort of Lower Purpose"?
5. Pertaining to "Westbury Court," with what is Danticat struggling?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the style of historical references to time related to the closeness of Accawi's village?
2. What seems to be Danticat's conflict in the essay "Westbury Court"?
3. Why was McPhee thinking of his mother in the "Silk Parachute"?
4. Explain McPhee's connection to the parachute from the "Silk Parachute."
5. How does Tan learn English in "Mother Tongue"?
6. What does Frazier say about adults and their inability to be idle in his essay, "A Lovely Sort of Lower Purpose"?
7. What fascinates Ehrlich in the essay "Spring"?
8. What does Hoagland say about those who commit suicide in the essay "Heaven and Nature"?
9. What does Ehrlich think about Joel in the essay "Spring"?
10. Do you find truth with McClanahan's essay of the woman writing in the margin and their mutual emotions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the difference between a top-tier university and what Queenan calls a "middling" university and why people prefer a top-tier school.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the common reason that Wills mentions in "The Dramaturgy of Death" that people commit suicide.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the purpose of the female and male bodies according to "The Disposable Rocket." Do you agree with Updike's opinion of the two genders?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)