|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pertaining to "Westbury Court," with what is Danticat struggling?
2. What type of love does Hoagland say is enough to make a man happy in "Heaven and Nature"?
3. Who does Hoagland surprisingly mention dying by a specific way of death in "Heaven and Nature"?
4. How did Accawi's village become part of the global community?
5. In "The Stunt Piolot," why does Dillard's heart flutter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you find truth with McClanahan's essay of the woman writing in the margin and their mutual emotions?
2. Do you agree with Maria's analogy of Komunyakaa from "The Blue Machinery"?
3. What does Gates recall about Nat King Cole in "In the Kitchen"?
4. Explain why Muhammad Ali was a world icon in the essay "Ali in Havana."
5. What two things is Wills comparing in "The Dramaturgy of Death"?
6. Describe the tone of Hodgman's essay "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch,"
7. What does Steele say about her black identity in the essay, "On Being Black and Middle Class"?
8. In "Mirrorings," why does Grealy realize she has had anxiety over her disfigurement?
9. What reasoning does Oliver Wendell Holmes give for not shouting fire in a crowded theater in the essay "Shouting Fire!"?
10. What does Accawi think about his village becoming a global community in "The Telephone"?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the perception of female bodies to male bodies in "Heaven and Nature," by Edward Hoagland.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the role of the parent in "Silk Parachute" and "The Inheritance of Tools" are similar and different. Does one essay place more importance on the parent?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Williams' reasons to denounce modern day hunting practices in "The Killing Game." How is her argument beneficial or not beneficial to humans?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)