Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Accawi feel about his village becoming a global community?
2. What is Hoagland reflecting on in the essay "Heaven and Nature"?
3. What did McPhee notice about his childhood gift?
4. Who does Gates recall having immaculate hair?
5. What did Sanders inherit in "The Inheritance of Tools"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Quechan horse still intact, unlike the other archaeological monuments in "The Stone Horse" by Barry Lopez?
2. What does Frazier say about adults and their inability to be idle in his essay, "A Lovely Sort of Lower Purpose"?
3. In "Mirrorings," why does Grealy realize she has had anxiety over her disfigurement?
4. In "Westbury Court" why did the mother of the children not realize their was a fire?
5. What does Williams say about the reasons hunters give for hunting in the essay "The Killing Game"?
6. What does Petit say about the Twin Towers in "The Turning Point"?
7. If you were Cofer, would you want to have the comfort of having a small neighborhood full of people from your native country?
8. How does Grealy respond to pain in the essay "Mirrorings"?
9. What does Accawi think about his village becoming a global community in "The Telephone"?
10. How is the style of historical references to time related to the closeness of Accawi's village?
Explain the difference between a top-tier university and what Queenan calls a "middling" university and why people prefer a top-tier school.
Discuss the tangible and intangible role of human existence in the essay "Spring" by Gretel Ehrlich. What and who does Ehrlich mention as she reflects the significance of humans?
Describe the antagonist of "A Lovely Sort of Lower Purpose" by Ian Frazier.
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)