|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sanders inherit in "The Inheritance of Tools"?
2. What does Ehrlich see violently shaking and jiggling beneath its surface in "Spring"?
3. What does the interviewee in "Turning point" want people to remember about the Twin Towers?
4. Who of Cofer's family members had problems assimilating into their new neighborhood?
5. Pertaining to "Spring," what is Ehrlich recovering from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Aldrich's mother from the essay "Hair."
2. How does Tan learn English in "Mother Tongue"?
3. What fascinates Ehrlich in the essay "Spring"?
4. What does Accawi think about his village becoming a global community in "The Telephone"?
5. Explain McPhee's connection to the parachute from the "Silk Parachute."
6. Why was McPhee thinking of his mother in the "Silk Parachute"?
7. What happened to Rahm in "The Stunt Pilot"?
8. Do you agree with Maria's analogy of Komunyakaa from "The Blue Machinery"?
9. Why does Sanders place such importance on tools in the essay, "The Inheritance of Tools"?
10. What does Sanders think about tools verses machines in "The Inheritance of Tools"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the purpose of the female and male bodies according to "The Disposable Rocket." Do you agree with Updike's opinion of the two genders?
Essay Topic 2
In the essay, "They All Just Went Away" how is an abandoned house like a decaying corpse?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast what the author's struggles are in the essays, "Westbury Court" and "Mirrorings." Do you see more similarities or differences between the two essays?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)