|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ehrlich reflecting on in "Spring"?
2. How does Accawi feel about his village becoming a global community?
3. What does Fadiman think about the possibility of a published book of emails in "Mail"?
4. What thought does the stunt pilot know was possible, but never bothered him in "The Stunt Pilot"?
5. Why is Sanders thinking about this particular gift from his father in "The Inheritance of Tools"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sanders think about tools verses machines in "The Inheritance of Tools"?
2. Explain why Muhammad Ali was a world icon in the essay "Ali in Havana."
3. What happened to Rahm in "The Stunt Pilot"?
4. In "The Turning Point," describe Petit's desire to make tight roping an art form.
5. Why did Till's mother want his coffin to remain open in the essay "Exquisite Corpse"?
6. Describe Cofer's father from "Silent Dancing."
7. Why was McPhee thinking of his mother in the "Silk Parachute"?
8. What is Kincaid's attitude towards England in "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
9. What does Gates recall about Nat King Cole in "In the Kitchen"?
10. Describe what Frazier did with his friends as a child in the essay, "A Lovely Sort of Lower Purpose."
Essay Topic 1
List and describe the religious elements in Barry Lopez's "The Stone Horse."
Essay Topic 2
What do you think Philip Petit from "Turning Point" would say to David Rahm from "The Stunt Pilot"? Consider the risks and artistry in each of their professions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the common reason that Wills mentions in "The Dramaturgy of Death" that people commit suicide.
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)