|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the hunters hunt according to Williams in "The Killing Game"?
(a) To eat dinner.
(b) For decoration in their house.
(c) To stop over population of animals.
(d) To help people that hit deer with their car.
2. What does Wills compare this type of barbaric act to in "The Dramaturgy of Death"?
(a) To the 60's lynchings.
(b) To a movie.
(c) To our own system of capital punishment.
(d) To the Civil War.
3. What did Johnny do to be attacked in "Who Shot Johnny?"?
(a) He bombed someone else' house.
(b) He waved at a random car passing by.
(c) He cut another driver off.
(d) He made an inappropriate gesture to another driver.
4. What small facet does Berry NOT mention "In Distrust of Movements"?
(a) Cleaner water.
(b) Efficient manufacturing.
(d) Better landfills.
5. What is Steele considering in the essay "On Being Black and Middle Class"?
(a) That he is the victim and victimizer.
(b) The tension between two of the largest components of his identity.
(c) The way blacks are treated.
(d) What he will have for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Kincaid taught to think in "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
2. What was the verdict of the wet food in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
3. What kind of art is the Quechan horse in "The Stone Horse"?
4. What does Singer say about the money would be spent on, that is not given to helping the poor in "The Singer Solution to World Poverty"?
5. What does Williams think of the hunters reasoning to hunt in "The Killing Game"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Updike say about the female body in "The Disposable Rocket"?
2. What does Updike say about the male body in "The Disposable Rocket"?
3. What does Williams say about deer in "The Killing Game"?
4. Describe the tone of Hodgman's essay "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch,"
5. Describe what Queenan thinks about American universities in "Matriculation Fixation"."
6. Explain Hearne's reasons for the differences of human rights to those of a dog in the essay "What's Wrong With Animal Rights"?
7. What does Williams say about the reasons hunters give for hunting in the essay "The Killing Game"?
8. Describe Oates thoughts on the difference of a house and a home in the essay, "They All Just Went Away,."
9. What two things is Wills comparing in "The Dramaturgy of Death"?
10. Why did Till's mother want his coffin to remain open in the essay "Exquisite Corpse"?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)