|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Queenan say people think about an education from a top-tier school will provide in "Matriculation Fixation"?
(a) The guarantee of a successful job.
(b) Encourages motivation.
(c) The chance to become famous.
(d) Better education than a junior college.
2. What common element does Wills mention having with the penalty in "The Dramaturgy of Death"?
(a) Those who receive it, committed the same crime.
(b) Inhumane treatment.
(c) Redressing a grievance.
(d) Crime matches the punishment.
3. According to Halberstam, between what events does America go to slumber in "Who We Are"?
(a) The Civil War and the Cold War.
(b) World War I and World War II.
(c) World War II and the Vietnam War.
(d) World War II and the 9/11 Attacks.
4. What small facet does Berry NOT mention "In Distrust of Movements"?
(a) Better landfills.
(b) Cleaner water.
(d) Efficient manufacturing.
5. What complicated process is Conroy discussing in "Think About It"?
(a) The process of building a car.
(b) The process in which we learn.
(c) How to make homemade biscuits.
(d) The process of traveling to Europe from America .
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conroy realize after meeting with Judge Hand in "Think About It"?
2. Who is William O. Douglas to Conroy in "Think About It"?
3. Who was lynched in 1999 according to Rushdy in "Exquisite Corpse"
4. Whose rights is Hearne defending in "What's Wrong With Animal Rights?"?
5. What does Berry think the problem with American's is in "In Distrust of Movements"?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)