|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Kincaid a native of in the essay "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
(c) Puerto Rico.
2. What does Conroy realize after meeting with Judge Hand in "Think About It"?
(a) Some issues are entirely too complicated to be exhausted over by multiple debates and arguments.
(b) That the FBI helps both Judge Douglas and Hand.
(c) That Judge Hand hates the FBI.
(d) That Judge Douglas is corrupt.
3. According to the essay, "Exquisite Corpse" when was lynching prevalent?
(a) 21st century.
(b) Late 18th and early 19th centuries.
(c) Late 19th and early 20th centuries.
(d) 17th century.
4. What was the result on the chicken and beef in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
(a) They were juicy.
(b) They were unflavored.
(c) They tasted like fish.
(d) They were undetectable.
5. What is Hearne's profession in "What's Wrong With Animal Rights?"?
(b) Animal trainer.
(c) Bus driver.
(d) Dog catcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What complicated process is Conroy discussing in "Think About It"?
2. Why does the last part of Lopez's journey in "The Stone Horse" have to be traveled on foot?
3. What is Halberstam discussing in his essay, "Who Are We"?
4. What does Kincaid recall being forced to memorize in school in "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
5. What did Johnny do to be attacked in "Who Shot Johnny?"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Updike say about the female body in "The Disposable Rocket"?
2. What does Dickerson say about Johnny's assailant in "Who Shot Johnny?"
3. How does Halberstam see America responding to war in the essay "Who We Are"?
4. What does Convoy finally accept at the end of his essay "Think About It"?
5. Describe what Berry's issue with the American people is in "In Distrust of Movements."
6. Describe Hodgman's response to the different foods she tastes in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch,"
7. What does Williams say about deer in "The Killing Game"?
8. What does Steele say about her black identity in the essay, "On Being Black and Middle Class"?
9. What is utilitarianism according to Singer in "The Singer Solution to World Poverty"?
10. Why is the Quechan horse still intact, unlike the other archaeological monuments in "The Stone Horse" by Barry Lopez?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)