Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say about deer being overpopulated in "The Killing Game"?
(a) They eat too much.
(b) They are overpopulated because of a fertilizer farmers use.
(c) Deer are only overpopulated because they killed the wolves that hunt them.
(d) They breed too much.
2. What does Updike say about the female in "The Disposable Rocket"?
(a) It is curvy.
(b) It is gentle.
(c) It is delicate.
(d) It is soft.
3. What did Johnny do to be attacked in "Who Shot Johnny?"?
(a) He bombed someone else' house.
(b) He waved at a random car passing by.
(c) He made an inappropriate gesture to another driver.
(d) He cut another driver off.
4. What does Kincaid say about England in "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
(a) That it taxes too much.
(b) That it is part of her and her nation's identity.
(c) That it has great weather.
(d) That it has good tea.
5. What does Williams think of the hunters reasoning to hunt in "The Killing Game"?
(a) It's an excuse to bring animals to near extinction.
(b) She wants to go hunting with some of her friends next time.
(c) It's an excuse to leave their wives or girlfriends for the day.
(d) It's a valid point, but she loves animals too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Queenan say people think about an education from a top-tier school will provide in "Matriculation Fixation"?
2. What is Halberstam discussing in his essay, "Who Are We"?
3. What does Dickerson think Johnny's assailant is doing in "Who Shot Johnny?"
4. What American obsession does Queenan discuss in "Matriculation Fixation"?
5. What two categories does Steele place himself under in "On Being Black and Middle Class"?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)