|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hodgman testing in her essay "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
(a) Dog food.
(b) Dried oats.
(c) Different tanning lotions.
(d) Cat food.
2. Whose rights does Hearne compare to that of humans in "What's Wrong With Animal Rights?"?
3. What decade did blacks find their identity through social classes in "On Being Black and Middle Class"?
(a) The 60's.
(b) The 80's.
(c) The 70's.
(d) The 90's.
4. What two categories does Steele place himself under in "On Being Black and Middle Class"?
(a) He is black and middle class.
(b) He is white and middle class.
(c) He is black and upper class.
(d) He is white and upper class.
5. What adjective would NOT be best used to describe a utilitarian person in "The Singer Solution to World Poverty"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What example does Conroy give about a person's realization or application to something in "Think About It"?
2. Where is the Quechan stone monument in "The Stone Horse"?
3. Who does Queenan mention being successful in "Matriculation Fixation"?
4. Who outlined the exception to the first amendment in "Shouting Fire!"?
5. Who was brutally murdered in 1955 in "Exquisite Corpse"?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)