|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Kincaid taught to think in "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
(a) That England was Antigua's sister country.
(b) That she was English.
(c) That English things were better than Antiguan.
(d) That she had a weird accent.
2. What happened to Johnny's assailant in "Who Shot Johnny?"?
(a) He is in jail.
(b) He got three girls pregnant.
(c) He was never caught.
(d) He was shot and killed.
3. What does Updike say that men think about their bodies?
(a) It is very masculine.
(b) It is very forgettable.
(c) It is very hard.
(d) It is an art form.
4. What type of experience does Lopez have when he examines the stone horse in "The Stone Horse"?
(a) An excited one.
(b) Ultimate kindness.
(c) A pyschotic response.
(d) A religious one.
5. What does Talese say about Ali in "Ali in Havana"?
(a) He was hot headed.
(b) He was a soft spoken man and usually only spoke to those close to him.
(c) He was a loud, argumentative man.
(d) He was a drunk, but a good boxer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams think of the hunters reasoning to hunt in "The Killing Game"?
2. How is Kincaid different from most other Antiguans in "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
3. What does Singer say about the money would be spent on, that is not given to helping the poor in "The Singer Solution to World Poverty"?
4. Who does Queenan mention being successful in "Matriculation Fixation"?
5. What ethical system is Singer addressing in "The Singer Solution to World Poverty"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Queenan thinks about American universities in "Matriculation Fixation"."
2. Describe Convoy's realization about 'sixths' in "Think About It."
3. What does Dickerson say about Johnny's assailant in "Who Shot Johnny?"
4. What does Convoy finally accept at the end of his essay "Think About It"?
5. What does Updike say about the female body in "The Disposable Rocket"?
6. What does Steele say about her black identity in the essay, "On Being Black and Middle Class"?
7. What is Kincaid's attitude towards England in "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
8. What reasoning does Oliver Wendell Holmes give for not shouting fire in a crowded theater in the essay "Shouting Fire!"?
9. Describe Oates thoughts on the difference of a house and a home in the essay, "They All Just Went Away,."
10. What does Williams say about deer in "The Killing Game"?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)