|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Updike comparing in "The Disposable Rocket"?
(a) Male bodies to female bodies.
(b) Texas barbeque and Memphis barbeque.
(c) Cats and dogs.
(d) Ice creams.
2. What issue is Berry criticizing in "In Distrust of Movements"?
(a) The way American's see environmental problems.
(b) The way people drive.
(c) The way we recycle.
(d) The way we eat.
3. What kind of art is the Quechan horse in "The Stone Horse"?
(d) Self portrait.
4. What American obsession does Queenan discuss in "Matriculation Fixation"?
(a) Going green.
(c) Health care.
(d) The status of a top-tier university.
5. According to Halberstam, between what events does America go to slumber in "Who We Are"?
(a) World War II and the 9/11 Attacks.
(b) World War I and World War II.
(c) World War II and the Vietnam War.
(d) The Civil War and the Cold War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wills considering in his essay, "The Dramaturgy of Death"?
2. What magazine is mentioned having a cartoon that is equivalent to shouting fire in "Shouting Fire!"?
3. What decade did blacks find their identity through social classes in "On Being Black and Middle Class"?
4. What does Talese say about Ali in "Ali in Havana"?
5. What assumption are all rights based on in "What's Wrong With Animal Rights"?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)