|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kincaid recall being forced to memorize in school in "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
(a) The past Prime Ministers of England.
(b) British isles and major cities.
(c) The dates of change in monarchy reign in England.
(d) Her spelling words.
2. What does Singer say about the money would be spent on, that is not given to helping the poor in "The Singer Solution to World Poverty"?
(a) A trip to Europe.
(b) A new nose job.
(c) A new car or expensive clothes.
(d) A new house.
3. What was the result on the chicken and beef in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
(a) They tasted like fish.
(b) They were unflavored.
(c) They were undetectable.
(d) They were juicy.
4. What does Berry think the problem with American's is in "In Distrust of Movements"?
(a) Lack of knowledge on increasing efficiency.
(b) Lack of desire to go green.
(c) American's are obese.
(d) Lack of knowledge on how we obtain our resources.
5. What did Hodgman find in her food that made her question the experiment for science's sake in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
(a) A large vein in her morsels.
(b) She had dog breath.
(c) A foul odor.
(d) Her stomach's reaction to the food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hearne's profession in "What's Wrong With Animal Rights?"?
2. What type of experience does Lopez have when he examines the stone horse in "The Stone Horse"?
3. What is the man mentioned being tried for during World War I in "Shouting Fire!"?
4. What does Updike say about the female in "The Disposable Rocket"?
5. What are the neighbors names that Oates mentions in "They All Just Went Away"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dickerson say about Johnny's assailant in "Who Shot Johnny?"
2. What two things is Wills comparing in "The Dramaturgy of Death"?
3. What does Updike say about the female body in "The Disposable Rocket"?
4. Describe the tone of Hodgman's essay "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch,"
5. What does Williams say about deer in "The Killing Game"?
6. What does Steele say about her black identity in the essay, "On Being Black and Middle Class"?
7. What was the significance of Till's photos circulating and none of Byrd's in "Exquisite Corpse"?
8. Why is the Quechan horse still intact, unlike the other archaeological monuments in "The Stone Horse" by Barry Lopez?
9. Describe Hodgman's response to the different foods she tastes in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch,"
10. What does Updike say about the male body in "The Disposable Rocket"?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)