|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Oates reflecting on and comparing in "They All Just Went Away"?
(a) Her three children.
(b) A house and a home.
(c) A cat and dog.
(d) Beef verses chicken.
2. What does Kincaid say about England in "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
(a) That it is part of her and her nation's identity.
(b) That it has great weather.
(c) That it has good tea.
(d) That it taxes too much.
3. What was the verdict on the dry foods taste in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
(a) It was oat flavored.
(b) It was cold.
(c) It was tasteless.
(d) It was beef flavored.
4. Where is the Quechan stone monument in "The Stone Horse"?
(a) Close to the Grand Canyon.
(b) The California Dessert.
(c) Next to Yosimite National Park.
5. What did Johnny do to be attacked in "Who Shot Johnny?"?
(a) He made an inappropriate gesture to another driver.
(b) He cut another driver off.
(c) He bombed someone else' house.
(d) He waved at a random car passing by.
Short Answer Questions
1. What common element does Wills mention having with the penalty in "The Dramaturgy of Death"?
2. Why do the hunters hunt according to Williams in "The Killing Game"?
3. What kind of art is the Quechan horse in "The Stone Horse"?
4. What does Wills compare this type of barbaric act to in "The Dramaturgy of Death"?
5. What does Dickerson think Johnny's assailant is doing in "Who Shot Johnny?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What is utilitarianism according to Singer in "The Singer Solution to World Poverty"?
2. Describe Convoy's realization about 'sixths' in "Think About It."
3. What is Kincaid's attitude towards England in "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
4. Describe Oates thoughts on the difference of a house and a home in the essay, "They All Just Went Away,."
5. How does Halberstam see America responding to war in the essay "Who We Are"?
6. What reasoning does Oliver Wendell Holmes give for not shouting fire in a crowded theater in the essay "Shouting Fire!"?
7. Why did Till's mother want his coffin to remain open in the essay "Exquisite Corpse"?
8. What does Williams say about deer in "The Killing Game"?
9. What does Dickerson say about Johnny's assailant in "Who Shot Johnny?"
10. What does Williams say about the reasons hunters give for hunting in the essay "The Killing Game"?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)