|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the neighbors names that Oates mentions in "They All Just Went Away"?
(a) The Weaks.
(b) The Waters.
(c) The Weems.
(d) The Weidels.
2. Whose rights does Hearne compare to that of humans in "What's Wrong With Animal Rights?"?
3. What is Wills considering in his essay, "The Dramaturgy of Death"?
(a) Drunk drivers.
(b) Global warming.
(c) The justification for the death penalty.
(d) Our justice system.
4. What is Halberstam discussing in his essay, "Who Are We"?
(a) World War II.
(b) The 911 attacks.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) He is talking about America's involvement in war.
5. What does Updike say about the female in "The Disposable Rocket"?
(a) It is delicate.
(b) It is gentle.
(c) It is curvy.
(d) It is soft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is prohibited in the first amendment?
2. What does Dickerson think Johnny's assailant is doing in "Who Shot Johnny?"
3. What does Queenan say people think about an education from a top-tier school will provide in "Matriculation Fixation"?
4. What does Conroy realize after meeting with Judge Hand in "Think About It"?
5. What is Williams discussing in her essay, "The Killing Game"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hodgman's response to the different foods she tastes in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch,"
2. Describe Convoy's realization about 'sixths' in "Think About It."
3. Explain Hearne's reasons for the differences of human rights to those of a dog in the essay "What's Wrong With Animal Rights"?
4. What was the significance of Till's photos circulating and none of Byrd's in "Exquisite Corpse"?
5. What does Dickerson say about Johnny's assailant in "Who Shot Johnny?"
6. What two things is Wills comparing in "The Dramaturgy of Death"?
7. What is utilitarianism according to Singer in "The Singer Solution to World Poverty"?
8. What does Williams say about deer in "The Killing Game"?
9. Describe what Berry's issue with the American people is in "In Distrust of Movements."
10. Describe the tone of Hodgman's essay "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch,"
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)