|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pertaining to "Silent Dancing" from what place does Cofer and her family immigrate?
(b) Costa Rica.
(d) Puerto Rico.
2. What question is Danticat asking at the end of the essay, "Westbury Court"?
(a) If her memory is correct and those children died.
(b) How the fire started.
(c) If the lady died.
(d) How to contact the lady.
3. Which of the following does Aldrich not mention about her mother's concerns for her hair?
(a) Dying .
(d) Washing and drying.
4. When McClanahan's husband leaves her, what does she do?
(a) Burns all of their pictures.
(b) Moves to Europe.
(c) Attempts suicide.
(d) Runs after his car and trips.
5. In "Turning Point," what is the interviewee's primary purpose for performing?
(a) To raise money to create his own company.
(b) To expand the boundaries of art.
(c) To bring recognition to this art.
(d) To scare people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cofer's family move to New York City?
2. What does Ofri ultimately realize from her patient in "Merced"?
3. Pertaining to "The Telephone" where did Anwar Accawi grow up?
4. Why is Tan's way of developing her English language unusual in the work, "Mother Tongue"?
5. Pertaining to "Mother Tongue," what is Tan's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. If you were Cofer, would you want to have the comfort of having a small neighborhood full of people from your native country?
2. Why is the Quechan horse still intact, unlike the other archaeological monuments in "The Stone Horse" by Barry Lopez?
3. What does Sanders think about tools verses machines in "The Inheritance of Tools"?
4. What does Ofri seem to be most concerned with in the essay "Merced"?
5. How does Halberstam see America responding to war in the essay "Who We Are"?
6. Why was McPhee thinking of his mother in the "Silk Parachute"?
7. Why did Till's mother want his coffin to remain open in the essay "Exquisite Corpse"?
8. In "Westbury Court" why did the mother of the children not realize their was a fire?
9. In "Mirrorings," why does Grealy realize she has had anxiety over her disfigurement?
10. What does Updike say about the male body in "The Disposable Rocket"?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)