|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems to be the previous library book reader of "Book Marks"?
(a) Her husband's mistress.
(b) A woman.
(c) A child.
(d) No one, the book is new.
2. Why is this gift special to Sanders in "The Inheritance of Tools"?
(a) He likes antiques.
(b) They built his first house.
(c) He learned his skills right next to his dad with them.
(d) They make him a man.
3. What does Grealy boycott?
(c) Going in public.
4. Pertaining to "Mirrorings," where do Lucy Grealy's doctors find a tumor?
(a) Her breast.
(b) Her brain.
(c) Her cheek.
(d) Her knee.
5. From "The Stunt Pilot" what is the name of the stunt pilot Dillard writes about?
(a) Davis Rahm.
(b) Davis Ronn.
(c) Dave Rahm.
(d) Dave Rhine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is time or age measured in Accawi's village?
2. What nationality is Tan in the essay "Mother Tongue"?
3. What does Ofri originally think is the problem with her patient in "Merced?
4. What issue is Frazier discussing about the modern world in the essay "A Lovely Sort of Lower Purpose"?
5. Pertaining to "Hair" what does Aldrich associate hair to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think McClanahan was so willing to ignore her husband's infidelities from the essay "Book Marks"? What acts of hers show it?
2. In "Mirrorings," why does Grealy realize she has had anxiety over her disfigurement?
3. Describe the benefits of the penny post in the essay "Mail."
4. How does Grealy respond to pain in the essay "Mirrorings"?
5. What fascinates Ehrlich in the essay "Spring"?
6. How is the style of historical references to time related to the closeness of Accawi's village?
7. What does Petit say about the Twin Towers in "The Turning Point"?
8. Describe what Frazier did with his friends as a child in the essay, "A Lovely Sort of Lower Purpose."
9. Do you agree with Rhonda's view on hair from the essay "Hair"?
10. Describe Aldrich's mother from the essay "Hair."
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)