|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pertaining to the "The Inheritance of Tools," who is Sanders thinking of?
(a) His first baseball coach.
(b) His mom.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His father.
2. In "Westbury Court," who moves into the apartment down the hall after the lady and her children move out?
(a) It remains vacant.
(b) An old man.
(c) Another family.
(d) A group of Haitian musicians.
3. Why is this gift special to Sanders in "The Inheritance of Tools"?
(a) They make him a man.
(b) They built his first house.
(c) He learned his skills right next to his dad with them.
(d) He likes antiques.
4. What is McPhee reflecting on at the beginning of the essay?
(a) His mother.
(b) A memory.
(c) His marriage.
(d) A gift.
5. What does Frazier think of recreation for adults in his essay "A Lovely Sort of Lower Purpose"?
(a) It is always goal oriented.
(b) They are too old for tackle football.
(c) They should be allowed a certain amount of time to recreate per week.
(d) There is not enough time to recreate with friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fadiman think about the possibility of a published book of emails in "Mail"?
2. What did McPhee notice about his childhood gift?
3. Who said, "hair is like life- there is no need to be bound by the past because it can always be changed"?
4. Where does the pilot die in "The Stunt Pilot"?
5. When does the lady in the apartment down the hall in "Westbury Court" realize that there is a fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ehrlich think about Joel in the essay "Spring"?
2. Why does Sanders place such importance on tools in the essay, "The Inheritance of Tools"?
3. If you were Cofer, would you want to have the comfort of having a small neighborhood full of people from your native country?
4. What does Fadiman say about email in the essay "Mail"?
5. What does Hoagland say is the one thing that can prevent suicide?
6. What does Sanders think about tools verses machines in "The Inheritance of Tools"?
7. What does Petit say about the Twin Towers in "The Turning Point"?
8. In "Westbury Court" why did the mother of the children not realize their was a fire?
9. Describe Dillard's perception of Rahm in "The Stunt Pilot".
10. What importance does Gates see in one's hairstyle, particularly with blacks in "In the Kitchen"?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)