|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ehrlich see violently shaking and jiggling beneath its surface in "Spring"?
(a) Mount Rushmore.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The mountains.
(d) Still and peacefulness.
2. When does the lady in the apartment down the hall in "Westbury Court" realize that there is a fire?
(a) When she hears her screaming children.
(b) When the firemen come in.
(c) When she wakes up.
(d) When she sees smoke.
3. Why does Sanders begin a new carpentry project in "The Inheritance of Tools"?
(a) To be close to his dad spiritually.
(b) His dad told him to finish what he started.
(c) To get money for the project.
(d) To show is son what he used to do in his free time.
4. What happens to change Ofri's state of being in "Merced"?
(a) Her patient dies at home.
(b) Her patient becomes brain dead and will not survive another week.
(c) Her patient comes in completely cured.
(d) Her patient changes doctors because Ofri misdiagnosed her.
5. Who does Komunyakaa become close with where he works?
(c) Frank and Lily.
(d) Fred and Laura.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ofri originally think is the problem with her patient in "Merced?
2. When McClanahan's husband leaves her, what does she do?
3. Pertaining to "Hair" what does Aldrich associate hair to?
4. Why does Cofer's family move to New York City?
5. What happened to the boy Ehrlich referred to in her essay, "Spring"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What seems to be Danticat's conflict in the essay "Westbury Court"?
2. If you were Cofer, would you want to have the comfort of having a small neighborhood full of people from your native country?
3. What does Ofri seem to be most concerned with in the essay "Merced"?
4. What does Ehrlich think about Joel in the essay "Spring"?
5. In "Westbury Court" why did the mother of the children not realize their was a fire?
6. What fascinates Ehrlich in the essay "Spring"?
7. What does Hoagland say is the one thing that can prevent suicide?
8. What does Petit say about the Twin Towers in "The Turning Point"?
9. Why does Sanders place such importance on tools in the essay, "The Inheritance of Tools"?
10. What happened to Rahm in "The Stunt Pilot"?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)