|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Komunyakaa become close with where he works?
(a) Fred and Laura.
(c) Frank and Lily.
2. What does Maria compare Komunyakaa to?
(a) A grumpy mechanic.
(b) A man who leaves a woman after he gets what he wanted from her.
(c) The wind, that moves in nomadic directions.
(d) A wise owl.
3. Who does Ehrlich mention rejecting when she was younger in "Spring"?
4. Which female wants to define herself by what she did and how she treated others from the essay "Hair"?
(a) Her youngest sister.
(b) Aldrich's older sister.
(c) Her mother.
5. What gift did McPhee's mom give him?
(a) A toy airplane.
(b) A silk parachute.
(c) A toy firetruck.
(d) A cute outfit with fire trucks on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fadiman reflecting on in "Mail"?
2. What new thing happened to Frazier and his friends as they grew up in "A Lovely Sort of Lower Purpose"?
3. Where does Gates go when he leaves America?
4. What is the main sign that McClanahan's first marriage is doomed to sadness?
5. What question is Danticat asking at the end of the essay, "Westbury Court"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Rahm in "The Stunt Pilot"?
2. What does Fadiman say about email in the essay "Mail"?
3. Do you agree with Rhonda's view on hair from the essay "Hair"?
4. Why was McPhee thinking of his mother in the "Silk Parachute"?
5. What does Ofri seem to be most concerned with in the essay "Merced"?
6. What does Frazier say about adults and their inability to be idle in his essay, "A Lovely Sort of Lower Purpose"?
7. Describe Dillard's perception of Rahm in "The Stunt Pilot".
8. Do you find truth with McClanahan's essay of the woman writing in the margin and their mutual emotions?
9. Describe Aldrich's mother from the essay "Hair."
10. In "Mirrorings," why does Grealy realize she has had anxiety over her disfigurement?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)