|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From "The Blue Machinery," where does Komunyakaa work during a summer job?
(a) An electronics factory.
(c) A mechanic shop.
(d) A shoe store.
2. What is the ultimate solution to the type of death discussed in "Heaven and Nature"?
(b) A house.
3. What does Grealy look down on?
(a) Those who never had cancer.
(b) Those who pride themselves for their good looks.
(c) Those who don't recycle.
(d) Those who pride themselves on intellect.
4. Pertaining to "Turning Point," who does Chelminski interview?
(a) James Joyce.
(b) Philippe Petit.
(c) Sean Penn.
5. Why is this gift special to Sanders in "The Inheritance of Tools"?
(a) He learned his skills right next to his dad with them.
(b) They make him a man.
(c) He likes antiques.
(d) They built his first house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ofri ultimately realize from her patient in "Merced"?
2. Who does Adlrich recall being obsessed with their hair?
3. What question is Danticat asking at the end of the essay, "Westbury Court"?
4. What does Ofri think about her diagnosis in "Merced"?
5. In "The Stunt Piolot," why does Dillard's heart flutter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What importance does Gates see in one's hairstyle, particularly with blacks in "In the Kitchen"?
2. In "Mirrorings," why does Grealy realize she has had anxiety over her disfigurement?
3. Do you agree with Maria's analogy of Komunyakaa from "The Blue Machinery"?
4. What does Hoagland say is the one thing that can prevent suicide?
5. Describe Dillard's perception of Rahm in "The Stunt Pilot".
6. What happened to Rahm in "The Stunt Pilot"?
7. Describe Cofer's father from "Silent Dancing."
8. What does Ofri seem to be most concerned with in the essay "Merced"?
9. How does Tan learn English in "Mother Tongue"?
10. If you were Cofer, would you want to have the comfort of having a small neighborhood full of people from your native country?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)