|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the interviewee in "Turning Point" repeatedly refuse?
(a) A TV show.
(b) Profit for his art.
(c) An agent.
2. Who of Cofer's family members had problems assimilating into their new neighborhood?
(a) Her dog.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
3. Why does Grealy end her boycott?
(a) She is asked to be a model.
(b) She is asked on a date.
(c) A boy she has lunch with is not disgusted by her.
(d) She has another surgery.
4. At what two locations does the interviewee in "Turning Point" perform?
(a) Leaning Tower of Pisa and the Pantheon.
(b) The Eiffel Tower and the Arc di Triomph.
(c) JFK International Airport and Times Square.
(d) The World Trade Center towers and Notre Dame Cathedral.
5. Why is this gift special to Sanders in "The Inheritance of Tools"?
(a) He likes antiques.
(b) He learned his skills right next to his dad with them.
(c) They built his first house.
(d) They make him a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Silk Parachute," what does McPhee specifically mention about his childhood upbringing?
2. What is Ehrlich reflecting on in "Spring"?
3. Who does Komunyakaa become close with where he works?
4. What does Fadiman think about electronic mail in "Mail"?
5. Pertaining to "The Telephone" where did Anwar Accawi grow up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Accawi think about his village becoming a global community in "The Telephone"?
2. What does Fadiman say about email in the essay "Mail"?
3. What does Sanders think about tools verses machines in "The Inheritance of Tools"?
4. What does Hoagland say is the one thing that can prevent suicide?
5. If you were Cofer, would you want to have the comfort of having a small neighborhood full of people from your native country?
6. What does Frazier say about adults and their inability to be idle in his essay, "A Lovely Sort of Lower Purpose"?
7. How does Tan learn English in "Mother Tongue"?
8. Do you agree with Maria's analogy of Komunyakaa from "The Blue Machinery"?
9. What happened to Rahm in "The Stunt Pilot"?
10. How does Grealy respond to pain in the essay "Mirrorings"?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)