|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pertaining to "Hair" what does Aldrich associate hair to?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A woman's personal identity.
(c) Aldrich's best feature.
2. Who said, "hair is like life- there is no need to be bound by the past because it can always be changed"?
(a) Aldrich's older sister .
(d) Aldrich's mother.
3. Why does Sanders begin a new carpentry project in "The Inheritance of Tools"?
(a) To be close to his dad spiritually.
(b) To show is son what he used to do in his free time.
(c) To get money for the project.
(d) His dad told him to finish what he started.
4. Where does the pilot die in "The Stunt Pilot"?
(a) Flying Dillard to see the mountains.
(b) In the mountains of Patagonia.
(c) A show for the King of Jordan.
5. What type of love does Hoagland say is enough to make a man happy in "Heaven and Nature"?
(a) Love from God.
(b) A romantic relationship.
(c) Simply loving the world.
(d) A mother's love.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Mother Tongue, who always made sense to Tan, even if the speech was grammatically incorrect?
2. What does Sanders say about a tool verses a machine in "The Inheritance of Tools'?
3. Pertaining to "Turning Point," who does Chelminski interview?
4. What question is Danticat asking at the end of the essay, "Westbury Court"?
5. What does Komunyakaa not tell his co-workers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ehrlich think about Joel in the essay "Spring"?
2. Describe Cofer's father from "Silent Dancing."
3. Do you think Ofri realizes she cannot have control over life or death in the essay "Merced"?
4. What does Hoagland say about those who commit suicide in the essay "Heaven and Nature"?
5. What happened to Rahm in "The Stunt Pilot"?
6. What importance does Gates see in one's hairstyle, particularly with blacks in "In the Kitchen"?
7. In "Mirrorings," why does Grealy realize she has had anxiety over her disfigurement?
8. Why was McPhee thinking of his mother in the "Silk Parachute"?
9. How does Tan learn English in "Mother Tongue"?
10. If you were Cofer, would you want to have the comfort of having a small neighborhood full of people from your native country?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)