|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pertaining to "Spring," what is Ehrlich recovering from?
(c) Lyme disease.
2. Pertaining to "The Telephone" where did Anwar Accawi grow up?
(b) A small town in Jordan.
(c) A town in Arizona.
3. Why does Grealy end her boycott?
(a) She is asked on a date.
(b) A boy she has lunch with is not disgusted by her.
(c) She is asked to be a model.
(d) She has another surgery.
4. For what did McClanahan pay?
(a) The abortion for the woman her husband impregnated.
(b) Her own abortion.
(c) Their first house.
(d) A new car for her husband.
5. What does Cofer NOT mention being in Little Puerto Rico?
(a) Speaking the same language.
(b) People that identity with their culture.
(c) Puerto Rican restaurants.
(d) Grocery stores with Puerto Rican food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pertaining to "Turning Point," who does Chelminski interview?
2. What gift did McPhee's mom give him?
3. What does Dillard compare the exhaust trail of the plane to in "The Stunt Pilot"?
4. What was the one thing Grealy craved and completely lacked?
5. How is time or age measured in Accawi's village?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you find truth with McClanahan's essay of the woman writing in the margin and their mutual emotions?
2. Do you think Ofri realizes she cannot have control over life or death in the essay "Merced"?
3. What does Ehrlich think about Joel in the essay "Spring"?
4. Why was McPhee thinking of his mother in the "Silk Parachute"?
5. In "Mirrorings," why does Grealy realize she has had anxiety over her disfigurement?
6. What does Hoagland say about those who commit suicide in the essay "Heaven and Nature"?
7. In "The Blue Machinery," why does Komunyakaa not tell his co-workers that he is going to graduate school in the fall?
8. How is the style of historical references to time related to the closeness of Accawi's village?
9. What does Fadiman say about email in the essay "Mail"?
10. How does Grealy respond to pain in the essay "Mirrorings"?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)