|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grealy boycott?
(b) Going in public.
2. What did McPhee notice about his childhood gift?
(a) How heavy it was.
(b) The elegant and steady way it always returned to him.
(c) That it was expensive.
(d) The color.
3. In Mother Tongue, who always made sense to Tan, even if the speech was grammatically incorrect?
(a) Tan's dog.
(b) Tan's mom.
(c) Tan's teacher.
(d) Tan's sister.
4. What does Komunyakaa not tell his co-workers?
(a) That he is in love with their boss.
(b) That he is an illegal citizen.
(c) That he has a terminal disease.
(d) That he is going to graduate school.
5. What does Ofri think about her diagnosis in "Merced"?
(a) She wants to have a second opinion.
(b) She feels on top of her profession.
(c) She thinks she is the smartest doctor.
(d) She is afraid she is wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cofer NOT mention being in Little Puerto Rico?
2. What does Tan realize after becoming a renowned writer in "Mother Tongue"?
3. Who does Gates recall having immaculate hair?
4. Pertaining to "Spring," what is Ehrlich recovering from?
5. What does Fadiman think about the possibility of a published book of emails in "Mail"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What importance does Gates see in one's hairstyle, particularly with blacks in "In the Kitchen"?
2. Describe the benefits of the penny post in the essay "Mail."
3. Why do you think McClanahan was so willing to ignore her husband's infidelities from the essay "Book Marks"? What acts of hers show it?
4. What seems to be Danticat's conflict in the essay "Westbury Court"?
5. Do you find truth with McClanahan's essay of the woman writing in the margin and their mutual emotions?
6. Describe what Frazier did with his friends as a child in the essay, "A Lovely Sort of Lower Purpose."
7. What does Ofri seem to be most concerned with in the essay "Merced"?
8. What does Accawi think about his village becoming a global community in "The Telephone"?
9. Do you agree with Rhonda's view on hair from the essay "Hair"?
10. In "The Turning Point," describe Petit's desire to make tight roping an art form.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)