|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the benefits of Accawi's village becoming a global community?
(a) More educational opportunities and better pay.
(b) More opportunities to travel.
(c) The chance to meet famous people.
(d) The ability to communicate to other cities.
2. Who does Komunyakaa become close with where he works?
(b) Fred and Laura.
(d) Frank and Lily.
3. What nationality is Tan in the essay "Mother Tongue"?
4. What is the main sign that McClanahan's first marriage is doomed to sadness?
(a) She was in love with her best friend.
(b) Her husband impregnated another woman.
(c) McClanahan cheated on him with another man.
(d) McClanahan could not have any children.
5. Why is Sanders thinking about this particular gift from his father in "The Inheritance of Tools"?
(a) He wants to build a new shed for his tools.
(b) He has a new carpentry job.
(c) He wants to teach his son how to use them.
(d) His father died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did McPhee notice about his childhood gift?
2. According to "Silk Parachute," what does McPhee specifically mention about his childhood upbringing?
3. In "Turning Point," what is the interviewee's primary purpose for performing?
4. Pertaining to "Mother Tongue," what is Tan's profession?
5. Why does Dillard later ride in the airplane in "The Stunt Pilot"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Aldrich's mother from the essay "Hair."
2. What does Frazier say about adults and their inability to be idle in his essay, "A Lovely Sort of Lower Purpose"?
3. What happened to Rahm in "The Stunt Pilot"?
4. What does Sanders think about tools verses machines in "The Inheritance of Tools"?
5. What does Fadiman say about email in the essay "Mail"?
6. What does Accawi think about his village becoming a global community in "The Telephone"?
7. How does Tan learn English in "Mother Tongue"?
8. What does Ehrlich think about Joel in the essay "Spring"?
9. Do you find truth with McClanahan's essay of the woman writing in the margin and their mutual emotions?
10. In "Mirrorings," why does Grealy realize she has had anxiety over her disfigurement?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)