|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aldrich think is achieved when manifesting the perfect hairstyle?
(a) Completing an incomplete soul.
(b) Self confidence.
(c) The perfect husband.
(d) Jealousy or envy of others.
2. When McClanahan's husband leaves her, what does she do?
(a) Moves to Europe.
(b) Attempts suicide.
(c) Burns all of their pictures.
(d) Runs after his car and trips.
3. What does Ehrlich see violently shaking and jiggling beneath its surface in "Spring"?
(a) The mountains.
(b) Mount Rushmore.
(c) The ocean.
(d) Still and peacefulness.
4. Why does Cofer's family move to New York City?
(a) They were running from the country's government.
(b) To have a better life.
(c) They were restationed in the Army.
(d) So Cofer's brother could play baseball.
5. What does Grealy realize oppressed her all her life?
(a) Not being able to get her driver's license.
(b) The anxiety over her appearance.
(c) Doctors telling her she would never look normal.
(d) Her disfigurement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems to be the previous library book reader of "Book Marks"?
2. What gift did McPhee's mom give him?
3. Pertaining to "In the Kitchen," what is Gates reflecting on?
4. Pertaining to the "The Inheritance of Tools," who is Sanders thinking of?
5. What does Ofri ultimately realize from her patient in "Merced"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hoagland say about those who commit suicide in the essay "Heaven and Nature"?
2. What does Gates recall about Nat King Cole in "In the Kitchen"?
3. What does Ehrlich think about Joel in the essay "Spring"?
4. In "Westbury Court" why did the mother of the children not realize their was a fire?
5. Describe what Frazier did with his friends as a child in the essay, "A Lovely Sort of Lower Purpose."
6. What does Petit say about the Twin Towers in "The Turning Point"?
7. What seems to be Danticat's conflict in the essay "Westbury Court"?
8. What does Sanders think about tools verses machines in "The Inheritance of Tools"?
9. What does Accawi think about his village becoming a global community in "The Telephone"?
10. What does Hoagland say is the one thing that can prevent suicide?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)