|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Oates reflecting on and comparing in "They All Just Went Away"?
(a) Beef verses chicken.
(b) Her three children.
(c) A cat and dog.
(d) A house and a home.
2. What are the neighbors names that Oates mentions in "They All Just Went Away"?
(a) The Weidels.
(b) The Weaks.
(c) The Waters.
(d) The Weems.
3. What kind of art is the Quechan horse in "The Stone Horse"?
(c) Self portrait.
4. What happened to Johnny's assailant in "Who Shot Johnny?"?
(a) He got three girls pregnant.
(b) He is in jail.
(c) He was shot and killed.
(d) He was never caught.
5. What magazine is mentioned having a cartoon that is equivalent to shouting fire in "Shouting Fire!"?
(b) Rolling Stone.
6. Who wanted to permanently involve America in foreign affairs with the League of Nations in "Who Are We"?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Woodrow Wilson.
(d) FDR .
7. What is Hodgman testing in her essay "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
(a) Different tanning lotions.
(b) Cat food.
(c) Dog food.
(d) Dried oats.
8. What happened to Dickerson's nephew Johnny in "Who Shot Johnny?"?
(a) He fell from a tree.
(b) He was shot and killed.
(c) He jumped into a pool head first and was paralyzed.
(d) He was shot and paralyzed.
9. Where is Kincaid a native of in the essay "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
(b) Puerto Rico.
10. What complicated process is Conroy discussing in "Think About It"?
(a) The process in which we learn.
(b) The process of traveling to Europe from America .
(c) The process of building a car.
(d) How to make homemade biscuits.
11. Who admired Castro, according to Talese in "Ali in Havana"?
(b) Muhummud Ali.
(d) Mike Tyson.
12. What is Halberstam discussing in his essay, "Who Are We"?
(a) World War II.
(b) The 911 attacks.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) He is talking about America's involvement in war.
13. What type of experience does Lopez have when he examines the stone horse in "The Stone Horse"?
(a) A pyschotic response.
(b) Ultimate kindness.
(c) An excited one.
(d) A religious one.
14. What issue is Berry criticizing in "In Distrust of Movements"?
(a) The way American's see environmental problems.
(b) The way people drive.
(c) The way we recycle.
(d) The way we eat.
15. What adjective would NOT be best used to describe a utilitarian person in "The Singer Solution to World Poverty"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the hunters hunt according to Williams in "The Killing Game"?
2. What is Updike comparing in "The Disposable Rocket"?
3. What does Updike say about the female in "The Disposable Rocket"?
4. Why was this justification used for the death penalty in "The Dramaturgy of Death"?
5. What does Wills compare this type of barbaric act to in "The Dramaturgy of Death"?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)