|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Johnny do to be attacked in "Who Shot Johnny?"?
(a) He made an inappropriate gesture to another driver.
(b) He cut another driver off.
(c) He bombed someone else' house.
(d) He waved at a random car passing by.
2. Where is the Quechan stone monument in "The Stone Horse"?
(a) Next to Yosimite National Park.
(b) Close to the Grand Canyon.
(d) The California Dessert.
3. What does Dickerson think Johnny's assailant is doing in "Who Shot Johnny?"
(a) Bringing down the entire black community.
(b) Being ignorant to people who love him.
(c) Bringing down the house.
(d) Bringing down all the kids in the neighborhood.
4. Whose rights does Hearne compare to that of humans in "What's Wrong With Animal Rights?"?
5. According to the essay, "Exquisite Corpse" when was lynching prevalent?
(a) Late 19th and early 20th centuries.
(b) Late 18th and early 19th centuries.
(c) 21st century.
(d) 17th century.
6. Who does Queenan mention being successful in "Matriculation Fixation"?
(a) Attendees of middling universities.
(b) Attendees of top-tier schools.
(d) Finance majors.
7. What does Singer say about the money would be spent on, that is not given to helping the poor in "The Singer Solution to World Poverty"?
(a) A new house.
(b) A new car or expensive clothes.
(c) A trip to Europe.
(d) A new nose job.
8. Who was brutally murdered in 1955 in "Exquisite Corpse"?
(a) Emmett Till .
(b) Eli Whitney.
(c) Tim White .
(d) Emmit Smith.
9. What does Wills NOT mention as a way of using the death penalty in "The Dramaturgy of Death"?
(a) Burning at the stake.
10. What does Kincaid recall being forced to memorize in school in "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
(a) Her spelling words.
(b) British isles and major cities.
(c) The dates of change in monarchy reign in England.
(d) The past Prime Ministers of England.
11. Why do the hunters hunt according to Williams in "The Killing Game"?
(a) To help people that hit deer with their car.
(b) For decoration in their house.
(c) To stop over population of animals.
(d) To eat dinner.
12. Where is Kincaid a native of in the essay "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
(b) Puerto Rico.
13. Who admired Castro, according to Talese in "Ali in Havana"?
(a) Mike Tyson.
(d) Muhummud Ali.
14. What does Williams think of the hunters reasoning to hunt in "The Killing Game"?
(a) She wants to go hunting with some of her friends next time.
(b) It's a valid point, but she loves animals too much.
(c) It's an excuse to bring animals to near extinction.
(d) It's an excuse to leave their wives or girlfriends for the day.
15. What kind of art is the Quechan horse in "The Stone Horse"?
(b) Self portrait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Steele considering in the essay "On Being Black and Middle Class"?
2. What does Wills compare this type of barbaric act to in "The Dramaturgy of Death"?
3. Who was Castro despised by, according to Talese in "Ali in Havana"?
4. What adjectives does Updike describe for males in "The Disposable Rocket"?
5. Who is William O. Douglas to Conroy in "Think About It"?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)