|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assumption are all rights based on in "What's Wrong With Animal Rights"?
(a) The ability to read.
(b) The ability to be pleased.
(c) The ability to suffer.
(d) The ability to smell.
2. What does Updike say about the female in "The Disposable Rocket"?
(a) It is soft.
(b) It is curvy.
(c) It is gentle.
(d) It is delicate.
3. What is Hearne's profession in "What's Wrong With Animal Rights?"?
(a) Animal trainer.
(c) Bus driver.
(d) Dog catcher.
4. What does Updike say that men think about their bodies?
(a) It is very hard.
(b) It is very forgettable.
(c) It is very masculine.
(d) It is an art form.
5. What did Hodgman find in her food that made her question the experiment for science's sake in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
(a) She had dog breath.
(b) A large vein in her morsels.
(c) Her stomach's reaction to the food.
(d) A foul odor.
6. What is Wills considering in his essay, "The Dramaturgy of Death"?
(a) Our justice system.
(b) The justification for the death penalty.
(c) Global warming.
(d) Drunk drivers.
7. What decade did blacks find their identity through social classes in "On Being Black and Middle Class"?
(a) The 80's.
(b) The 90's.
(c) The 70's.
(d) The 60's.
8. What adjective would NOT be best used to describe a utilitarian person in "The Singer Solution to World Poverty"?
9. What was the result on the chicken and beef in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
(a) They were juicy.
(b) They tasted like fish.
(c) They were undetectable.
(d) They were unflavored.
10. Where is the Quechan stone monument in "The Stone Horse"?
(a) The California Dessert.
(b) Close to the Grand Canyon.
(d) Next to Yosimite National Park.
11. What happened to Johnny's assailant in "Who Shot Johnny?"?
(a) He was shot and killed.
(b) He was never caught.
(c) He is in jail.
(d) He got three girls pregnant.
12. How is Kincaid different from most other Antiguans in "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
(a) She was not tan like other Antiguans.
(b) She loved England unlike others.
(c) She hated England unlike others.
(d) She had an English accent.
13. Where is Kincaid a native of in the essay "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
(d) Puerto Rico.
14. What does Berry think the problem with American's is in "In Distrust of Movements"?
(a) Lack of knowledge on how we obtain our resources.
(b) Lack of desire to go green.
(c) American's are obese.
(d) Lack of knowledge on increasing efficiency.
15. What is Williams discussing in her essay, "The Killing Game"?
(a) She is an activist for animal rights.
(b) Hunting verses gaming.
(c) How America is suffering from Global Warming.
(d) She denounces the cruelty of modern hunting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ethical system is Singer addressing in "The Singer Solution to World Poverty"?
2. Who is William O. Douglas to Conroy in "Think About It"?
3. What does Williams say about deer being overpopulated in "The Killing Game"?
4. What does Conroy realize after meeting with Judge Hand in "Think About It"?
5. What does Hodgman say is the best tasting, though still slightly bothered by its texture in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)