|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What small facet does Berry NOT mention "In Distrust of Movements"?
(a) Better landfills.
(b) Efficient manufacturing.
(c) Cleaner water.
2. Why do the hunters hunt according to Williams in "The Killing Game"?
(a) For decoration in their house.
(b) To eat dinner.
(c) To help people that hit deer with their car.
(d) To stop over population of animals.
3. What was the result on the chicken and beef in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
(a) They tasted like fish.
(b) They were juicy.
(c) They were unflavored.
(d) They were undetectable.
4. What is prohibited in the first amendment?
(a) Shouting "Fire!" in a crowded movie theatre.
(b) Yelling "Bomb" in a public place.
(c) Talking poorly about the president.
(d) Shouting at a person driving badly.
5. Who was lynched in 1999 according to Rushdy in "Exquisite Corpse"
(a) James Byrd.
(b) Chrish Byrd.
(c) James Joyce.
(d) Bird Jones.
6. What adjective would NOT be best used to describe a utilitarian person in "The Singer Solution to World Poverty"?
7. What adjectives does Updike describe for males in "The Disposable Rocket"?
(a) Fearless of being marred or tainted.
(b) Tall and thin.
(c) Rough and tough.
(d) Strong and innatly pure.
8. What ethical system is Singer addressing in "The Singer Solution to World Poverty"?
(d) Utilitarianism .
9. What does Updike say about the female in "The Disposable Rocket"?
(a) It is soft.
(b) It is gentle.
(c) It is curvy.
(d) It is delicate.
10. What does Dickerson think Johnny's assailant is doing in "Who Shot Johnny?"
(a) Bringing down the entire black community.
(b) Being ignorant to people who love him.
(c) Bringing down all the kids in the neighborhood.
(d) Bringing down the house.
11. According to Halberstam, between what events does America go to slumber in "Who We Are"?
(a) World War I and World War II.
(b) The Civil War and the Cold War.
(c) World War II and the 9/11 Attacks.
(d) World War II and the Vietnam War.
12. What was the verdict on the dry foods taste in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
(a) It was tasteless.
(b) It was cold.
(c) It was oat flavored.
(d) It was beef flavored.
13. What does Wills NOT mention as a way of using the death penalty in "The Dramaturgy of Death"?
(d) Burning at the stake.
14. What does Wills compare this type of barbaric act to in "The Dramaturgy of Death"?
(a) To our own system of capital punishment.
(b) To a movie.
(c) To the Civil War.
(d) To the 60's lynchings.
15. What decade did blacks find their identity through social classes in "On Being Black and Middle Class"?
(a) The 90's.
(b) The 60's.
(c) The 80's.
(d) The 70's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose rights is Hearne defending in "What's Wrong With Animal Rights?"?
2. What does Queenan say people think about an education from a top-tier school will provide in "Matriculation Fixation"?
3. How is Kincaid different from most other Antiguans in "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
4. What magazine is mentioned having a cartoon that is equivalent to shouting fire in "Shouting Fire!"?
5. What does Hearne say is ignored in this philosophy in "What's Wrong With Animal Rights?"?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)