|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dickerson think Johnny's assailant is doing in "Who Shot Johnny?"
(a) Bringing down all the kids in the neighborhood.
(b) Bringing down the house.
(c) Bringing down the entire black community.
(d) Being ignorant to people who love him.
2. What common element does Wills mention having with the penalty in "The Dramaturgy of Death"?
(a) Those who receive it, committed the same crime.
(b) Inhumane treatment.
(c) Redressing a grievance.
(d) Crime matches the punishment.
3. What does Queenan say people think about an education from a top-tier school will provide in "Matriculation Fixation"?
(a) Encourages motivation.
(b) Better education than a junior college.
(c) The chance to become famous.
(d) The guarantee of a successful job.
4. What is Williams discussing in her essay, "The Killing Game"?
(a) She denounces the cruelty of modern hunting.
(b) She is an activist for animal rights.
(c) Hunting verses gaming.
(d) How America is suffering from Global Warming.
5. What does Updike say about the female in "The Disposable Rocket"?
(a) It is gentle.
(b) It is soft.
(c) It is curvy.
(d) It is delicate.
6. What did Hodgman find in her food that made her question the experiment for science's sake in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
(a) She had dog breath.
(b) Her stomach's reaction to the food.
(c) A large vein in her morsels.
(d) A foul odor.
7. Why does the last part of Lopez's journey in "The Stone Horse" have to be traveled on foot?
(a) Tress had fallen in the road.
(b) He ran out of gas.
(c) There is too much ice.
(d) The road is blocked by boulders.
8. According to Halberstam, between what events does America go to slumber in "Who We Are"?
(a) World War II and the Vietnam War.
(b) World War I and World War II.
(c) The Civil War and the Cold War.
(d) World War II and the 9/11 Attacks.
9. What was the result on the chicken and beef in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
(a) They were unflavored.
(b) They were juicy.
(c) They tasted like fish.
(d) They were undetectable.
10. What is prohibited in the first amendment?
(a) Shouting "Fire!" in a crowded movie theatre.
(b) Shouting at a person driving badly.
(c) Yelling "Bomb" in a public place.
(d) Talking poorly about the president.
11. What was the verdict on the dry foods taste in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
(a) It was oat flavored.
(b) It was tasteless.
(c) It was cold.
(d) It was beef flavored.
12. What assumption are all rights based on in "What's Wrong With Animal Rights"?
(a) The ability to be pleased.
(b) The ability to smell.
(c) The ability to read.
(d) The ability to suffer.
13. What example does Conroy give about a person's realization or application to something in "Think About It"?
(a) He explains what a "lightbulb" moment is.
(b) When he used bleach on his clothes for the first time.
(c) The response he receieved from a jazz musician on how to play a specific chord.
(d) When he realized how to tie a double knot on his tennis shoes.
14. What does Williams say about deer being overpopulated in "The Killing Game"?
(a) Deer are only overpopulated because they killed the wolves that hunt them.
(b) They are overpopulated because of a fertilizer farmers use.
(c) They breed too much.
(d) They eat too much.
15. What kind of art is the Quechan horse in "The Stone Horse"?
(d) Self portrait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Oates reflecting on and comparing in "They All Just Went Away"?
2. How is Kincaid different from most other Antiguans in "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
3. What type of experience does Lopez have when he examines the stone horse in "The Stone Horse"?
4. What does Hodgman say is the best tasting, though still slightly bothered by its texture in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
5. What does Conroy realize after meeting with Judge Hand in "Think About It"?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)