|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wanted to permanently involve America in foreign affairs with the League of Nations in "Who Are We"?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) FDR .
(c) Woodrow Wilson.
(d) George Bush.
2. What did Hodgman find in her food that made her question the experiment for science's sake in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
(a) She had dog breath.
(b) Her stomach's reaction to the food.
(c) A large vein in her morsels.
(d) A foul odor.
3. Why do the hunters hunt according to Williams in "The Killing Game"?
(a) To eat dinner.
(b) For decoration in their house.
(c) To stop over population of animals.
(d) To help people that hit deer with their car.
4. Why does the last part of Lopez's journey in "The Stone Horse" have to be traveled on foot?
(a) There is too much ice.
(b) Tress had fallen in the road.
(c) He ran out of gas.
(d) The road is blocked by boulders.
5. What are the neighbors names that Oates mentions in "They All Just Went Away"?
(a) The Weidels.
(b) The Waters.
(c) The Weems.
(d) The Weaks.
6. What small facet does Berry NOT mention "In Distrust of Movements"?
(a) Cleaner water.
(b) Better landfills.
(d) Efficient manufacturing.
7. What was the verdict on the dry foods taste in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
(a) It was tasteless.
(b) It was cold.
(c) It was beef flavored.
(d) It was oat flavored.
8. What is Oates reflecting on and comparing in "They All Just Went Away"?
(a) A house and a home.
(b) Beef verses chicken.
(c) A cat and dog.
(d) Her three children.
9. What ethical system is Singer addressing in "The Singer Solution to World Poverty"?
(a) Utilitarianism .
10. What does Hodgman say is the best tasting, though still slightly bothered by its texture in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
(b) Dried oats.
11. What adjective would NOT be best used to describe a utilitarian person in "The Singer Solution to World Poverty"?
12. Whose rights is Hearne defending in "What's Wrong With Animal Rights?"?
13. What happened to Johnny's assailant in "Who Shot Johnny?"?
(a) He got three girls pregnant.
(b) He was shot and killed.
(c) He was never caught.
(d) He is in jail.
14. What does Kincaid say about England in "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
(a) That it taxes too much.
(b) That it is part of her and her nation's identity.
(c) That it has great weather.
(d) That it has good tea.
15. Who does Talese accompany to Cuba in "Ali in Havana"?
(a) Fidel Castro.
(b) Muhummed Ali.
(c) George Clooney .
(d) Mike Tyson .
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kincaid recall being forced to memorize in school in "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
2. What example does Conroy give about a person's realization or application to something in "Think About It"?
3. What does Wills NOT mention as a way of using the death penalty in "The Dramaturgy of Death"?
4. Who was brutally murdered in 1955 in "Exquisite Corpse"?
5. What assumption are all rights based on in "What's Wrong With Animal Rights"?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)