|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What common element does Wills mention having with the penalty in "The Dramaturgy of Death"?
(a) Those who receive it, committed the same crime.
(b) Inhumane treatment.
(c) Crime matches the punishment.
(d) Redressing a grievance.
2. Why do the hunters hunt according to Williams in "The Killing Game"?
(a) For decoration in their house.
(b) To stop over population of animals.
(c) To eat dinner.
(d) To help people that hit deer with their car.
3. What two categories does Steele place himself under in "On Being Black and Middle Class"?
(a) He is white and middle class.
(b) He is black and upper class.
(c) He is white and upper class.
(d) He is black and middle class.
4. Who wanted to permanently involve America in foreign affairs with the League of Nations in "Who Are We"?
(a) FDR .
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
5. What was the verdict of the wet food in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
(a) It tastest the worst.
(b) It was tasty, but overwhelmed by its disgusting textures.
(c) It was tasteless.
(d) It was juicy.
6. What case do Conroy and Douglas discuss in "Think About It"?
(a) The Bay of Pigs.
(b) The Robert-Grealy case .
(c) The Dennis Case that dealt with the first amendment.
(d) The 9/11 attack.
7. Why does the last part of Lopez's journey in "The Stone Horse" have to be traveled on foot?
(a) He ran out of gas.
(b) Tress had fallen in the road.
(c) There is too much ice.
(d) The road is blocked by boulders.
8. What are the neighbors names that Oates mentions in "They All Just Went Away"?
(a) The Weidels.
(b) The Waters.
(c) The Weems.
(d) The Weaks.
9. What is Wills considering in his essay, "The Dramaturgy of Death"?
(a) Drunk drivers.
(b) Our justice system.
(c) The justification for the death penalty.
(d) Global warming.
10. What adjective would NOT be best used to describe a utilitarian person in "The Singer Solution to World Poverty"?
11. What does Updike say that men think about their bodies?
(a) It is an art form.
(b) It is very forgettable.
(c) It is very masculine.
(d) It is very hard.
12. What American obsession does Queenan discuss in "Matriculation Fixation"?
(a) The status of a top-tier university.
(b) Going green.
(c) Health care.
13. What is Updike comparing in "The Disposable Rocket"?
(a) Cats and dogs.
(b) Texas barbeque and Memphis barbeque.
(c) Ice creams.
(d) Male bodies to female bodies.
14. Where is Kincaid a native of in the essay "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
(b) Puerto Rico.
15. What magazine is mentioned having a cartoon that is equivalent to shouting fire in "Shouting Fire!"?
(b) Rolling Stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Castro despised by, according to Talese in "Ali in Havana"?
2. What was the result on the chicken and beef in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
3. What small facet does Berry NOT mention "In Distrust of Movements"?
4. What complicated process is Conroy discussing in "Think About It"?
5. What does Talese say about Ali in "Ali in Havana"?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)