|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Talese accompany to Cuba in "Ali in Havana"?
(a) Fidel Castro.
(b) Muhummed Ali.
(c) George Clooney .
(d) Mike Tyson .
2. What does Dickerson think Johnny's assailant is doing in "Who Shot Johnny?"
(a) Being ignorant to people who love him.
(b) Bringing down the entire black community.
(c) Bringing down all the kids in the neighborhood.
(d) Bringing down the house.
3. What does Williams think of the hunters reasoning to hunt in "The Killing Game"?
(a) It's a valid point, but she loves animals too much.
(b) It's an excuse to bring animals to near extinction.
(c) It's an excuse to leave their wives or girlfriends for the day.
(d) She wants to go hunting with some of her friends next time.
4. What does Wills NOT mention as a way of using the death penalty in "The Dramaturgy of Death"?
(a) Burning at the stake.
5. What assumption are all rights based on in "What's Wrong With Animal Rights"?
(a) The ability to suffer.
(b) The ability to smell.
(c) The ability to read.
(d) The ability to be pleased.
6. Who outlined the exception to the first amendment in "Shouting Fire!"?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas.
(c) Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes.
(d) John Adams.
7. Where is Kincaid a native of in the essay "On Seeing England for the First Time"?
(d) Puerto Rico.
8. What is Halberstam discussing in his essay, "Who Are We"?
(a) The 911 attacks.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) World War II.
(d) He is talking about America's involvement in war.
9. What complicated process is Conroy discussing in "Think About It"?
(a) The process of building a car.
(b) How to make homemade biscuits.
(c) The process in which we learn.
(d) The process of traveling to Europe from America .
10. What type of experience does Lopez have when he examines the stone horse in "The Stone Horse"?
(a) Ultimate kindness.
(b) An excited one.
(c) A pyschotic response.
(d) A religious one.
11. Why do the hunters hunt according to Williams in "The Killing Game"?
(a) For decoration in their house.
(b) To stop over population of animals.
(c) To help people that hit deer with their car.
(d) To eat dinner.
12. What does Hodgman say is the best tasting, though still slightly bothered by its texture in "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
(b) Dried oats.
13. What two categories does Steele place himself under in "On Being Black and Middle Class"?
(a) He is black and upper class.
(b) He is black and middle class.
(c) He is white and upper class.
(d) He is white and middle class.
14. What is Hodgman testing in her essay "No Wonder They Call Me a Bitch"?
(a) Dried oats.
(b) Dog food.
(c) Different tanning lotions.
(d) Cat food.
15. What does Singer say about the money would be spent on, that is not given to helping the poor in "The Singer Solution to World Poverty"?
(a) A new car or expensive clothes.
(b) A new house.
(c) A new nose job.
(d) A trip to Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say about deer being overpopulated in "The Killing Game"?
2. What did Johnny do to be attacked in "Who Shot Johnny?"?
3. Who is William O. Douglas to Conroy in "Think About It"?
4. What is Updike comparing in "The Disposable Rocket"?
5. What adjective would NOT be best used to describe a utilitarian person in "The Singer Solution to World Poverty"?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)