|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the one thing Grealy craved and completely lacked?
(a) Positive attention from boys.
(b) The ability to travel.
(c) Money to pay her debts.
(d) A dad.
2. What does Ofri originally think is the problem with her patient in "Merced?
(a) She has lyme disease.
(b) She has leukemia.
(c) She has a tumor.
(d) She has aseptic meningitis.
3. Why would people not take Tan's mother seriously in "Mother Tongue"?
(a) She was really obese.
(b) She was illiterate.
(c) She had a lazy eye.
(d) She spoke broken English.
4. What does the interviewee in "Turning point" want people to remember about the Twin Towers?
(a) How many stories tall they were.
(b) The date in which they were attacked.
(c) His performance bewteen the two buildings, not the burning rubble.
(d) Who the Mayor of NYC was when it happend.
5. What gift did McPhee's mom give him?
(a) A toy firetruck.
(b) A silk parachute.
(c) A cute outfit with fire trucks on them.
(d) A toy airplane.
6. Who does Adlrich recall being obsessed with their hair?
(a) Her older sister.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her best friend.
7. What were hair "kinks" a symbol of in Gate's essay, "In the Kitchen"?
(a) That they wanted to be famous.
(b) That their mom didn't know how to do hair.
(c) How one's black identity will always be a part of them even if they try to change it.
(d) That they were poor.
8. Pertaining to "In the Kitchen," what is Gates reflecting on?
(a) Black athletes.
(b) His childhood home.
(c) Black hairstyles.
(d) His mother's cooking.
9. What does Komunyakaa not tell his co-workers?
(a) That he is in love with their boss.
(b) That he is going to graduate school.
(c) That he has a terminal disease.
(d) That he is an illegal citizen.
10. What does the interviewee in "Turning Point" do?
(a) Jump ropist.
(b) Tight rope walker.
(c) Conduct the Atlanta Symphony.
(d) Mayor of NYC.
11. In "Westbury Court," who moves into the apartment down the hall after the lady and her children move out?
(a) A group of Haitian musicians.
(b) It remains vacant.
(c) Another family.
(d) An old man.
12. What does Fadiman think about the possibility of a published book of emails in "Mail"?
(a) She is horrified of the idea of a grammatically incorrect book.
(b) She is excited and will help publish the first one.
(c) She wishes email were never invented.
(d) She hopes they are never published.
13. What happens to change Ofri's state of being in "Merced"?
(a) Her patient becomes brain dead and will not survive another week.
(b) Her patient changes doctors because Ofri misdiagnosed her.
(c) Her patient dies at home.
(d) Her patient comes in completely cured.
14. Who chastises Komunyakaa for keeping his reasoning for leaving a secret?
(b) No one.
15. Pertaining to "Hair" what does Aldrich associate hair to?
(b) Aldrich's best feature.
(c) A woman's personal identity.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems to be the previous library book reader of "Book Marks"?
2. What does Dillard compare the exhaust trail of the plane to in "The Stunt Pilot"?
3. What did Sanders inherit in "The Inheritance of Tools"?
4. Why does Sanders begin a new carpentry project in "The Inheritance of Tools"?
5. For what did McClanahan pay?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)