|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift did McPhee's mom give him?
(a) A toy airplane.
(b) A cute outfit with fire trucks on them.
(c) A silk parachute.
(d) A toy firetruck.
2. What does McPhee compare his gift to in "Silk Parachute."
(a) His mother.
(b) His life up until that point.
(d) His father.
3. What does Fadiman think about the possibility of a published book of emails in "Mail"?
(a) She wishes email were never invented.
(b) She hopes they are never published.
(c) She is horrified of the idea of a grammatically incorrect book.
(d) She is excited and will help publish the first one.
4. What does the interviewee in "Turning Point" do?
(a) Tight rope walker.
(b) Conduct the Atlanta Symphony.
(c) Jump ropist.
(d) Mayor of NYC.
5. Why does Grealy end her boycott?
(a) She has another surgery.
(b) A boy she has lunch with is not disgusted by her.
(c) She is asked on a date.
(d) She is asked to be a model.
6. What question is Danticat asking at the end of the essay, "Westbury Court"?
(a) If her memory is correct and those children died.
(b) How the fire started.
(c) How to contact the lady.
(d) If the lady died.
7. What new thing happened to Frazier and his friends as they grew up in "A Lovely Sort of Lower Purpose"?
(a) They realized being lazy was what they should do for a living.
(b) They began to feel guilty when they were not being productive.
(c) They all grew apart and weren't friends anymore.
(d) They started to like girls.
8. What was the one thing Grealy craved and completely lacked?
(a) Positive attention from boys.
(b) The ability to travel.
(c) Money to pay her debts.
(d) A dad.
9. What does Ehrlich see violently shaking and jiggling beneath its surface in "Spring"?
(a) Still and peacefulness.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The mountains.
(d) Mount Rushmore.
10. What does McClanahan se from the margins of the previous reader?
(b) The desire for love.
(c) The same despair she once had.
(d) Love for poetry.
11. Pertaining to the "The Inheritance of Tools," who is Sanders thinking of?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His first baseball coach.
(d) His mom.
12. What happened to the boy Ehrlich referred to in her essay, "Spring"?
(a) He committed suicide.
(b) He died from cancer.
(c) He moved away to another town.
(d) He died in a car accident.
13. How does Accawi feel about his village becoming a global community?
(a) He hates everything about it.
(b) He loves the progression his community is undergoing.
(c) He thinks the village is on a search for a better life that they have yet to find.
(d) He is nostalgic for his younger years.
14. Who has the worst hair of Aldrich's family?
(a) Aldrich's youngest sister.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her older sister.
15. What does Frazier think of recreation for adults in his essay "A Lovely Sort of Lower Purpose"?
(a) It is always goal oriented.
(b) There is not enough time to recreate with friends.
(c) They are too old for tackle football.
(d) They should be allowed a certain amount of time to recreate per week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the doctor from who has success on helping Grealy's disfigurement?
2. In "Turning Point," what is the interviewee's primary purpose for performing?
3. What does Ofri ultimately realize from her patient in "Merced"?
4. What ethnicity is Lily?
5. Which of the following does Aldrich not mention about her mother's concerns for her hair?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)