|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aldrich think is achieved when manifesting the perfect hairstyle?
(a) Completing an incomplete soul.
(b) The perfect husband.
(c) Jealousy or envy of others.
(d) Self confidence.
2. From "The Stunt Pilot" what is the name of the stunt pilot Dillard writes about?
(a) Dave Rahm.
(b) Davis Rahm.
(c) Davis Ronn.
(d) Dave Rhine.
3. Who seems to be the previous library book reader of "Book Marks"?
(a) A woman.
(b) Her husband's mistress.
(c) No one, the book is new.
(d) A child.
4. How is time or age measured in Accawi's village?
(a) By a calendar.
(b) By it's proximity to other events.
(c) With a sundial.
(d) With a stopwatch.
5. What does Frazier recall about his childhood in "A Lovely Sort of Lower Purpose"?
(a) Playing, exploring, and building all through the woods.
(b) Camping and fishing.
(c) Cutting down a tree.
(d) Making homemade biscuits.
6. What were hair "kinks" a symbol of in Gate's essay, "In the Kitchen"?
(a) That they were poor.
(b) How one's black identity will always be a part of them even if they try to change it.
(c) That they wanted to be famous.
(d) That their mom didn't know how to do hair.
7. What was the hope of incorporating the new postage system called "penny post" in "Mail"?
(a) It would decrease the revenue and mail would eventually die out .
(b) Everyone has pennies, so everyone could mail something.
(c) It would be faster.
(d) To increase revenue and lower the cost .
8. What does the interviewee in "Turning Point" repeatedly refuse?
(a) A TV show.
(b) Profit for his art.
(d) An agent.
9. Why is Cofer reflecting on the memories of moving to New York City?
(a) She sees a friend from her childhood.
(b) She watches an old home video.
(c) Her father died.
(d) She moved away.
10. What does McClanahan se from the margins of the previous reader?
(a) The same despair she once had.
(b) Love for poetry.
(c) The desire for love.
11. What thought does the stunt pilot know was possible, but never bothered him in "The Stunt Pilot"?
(a) That his mom hated the profession he chose.
(b) That Dillard loved Rahm.
(c) That Dillard only wrote this story for work.
(d) That he could die flying while performing his tricks.
12. What does Cofer NOT mention being in Little Puerto Rico?
(a) Speaking the same language.
(b) Puerto Rican restaurants.
(c) Grocery stores with Puerto Rican food.
(d) People that identity with their culture.
13. Why does Grealy end her boycott?
(a) She has another surgery.
(b) She is asked on a date.
(c) A boy she has lunch with is not disgusted by her.
(d) She is asked to be a model.
14. Pertaining to "Merced," what is Ofri's patients name?
15. What is Hoagland reflecting on in the essay "Heaven and Nature"?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His second divorce.
(c) His wife's miscarraige.
(d) Suicide and its pyschological inspiration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which female wants to define herself by what she did and how she treated others from the essay "Hair"?
2. When does the lady in the apartment down the hall in "Westbury Court" realize that there is a fire?
3. What seemed to divide most households in Cofer's neighborhood?
4. Pertaining to "Mirrorings," where do Lucy Grealy's doctors find a tumor?
5. Pertaining to "Turning Point," who does Chelminski interview?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)