|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is this gift special to Sanders in "The Inheritance of Tools"?
(a) He likes antiques.
(b) He learned his skills right next to his dad with them.
(c) They built his first house.
(d) They make him a man.
2. From "The Stunt Pilot" what is the name of the stunt pilot Dillard writes about?
(a) Davis Rahm.
(b) Davis Ronn.
(c) Dave Rahm.
(d) Dave Rhine.
3. What is the real problem with Ofri's patient in "Merced"?
(a) She has a tumor.
(b) She has leukemia.
(c) She has lyme disease.
(d) She has aseptic meningitis.
4. From "The Blue Machinery," where does Komunyakaa work during a summer job?
(a) An electronics factory.
(b) A shoe store.
(d) A mechanic shop.
5. What does Ofri think about her diagnosis in "Merced"?
(a) She is afraid she is wrong.
(b) She thinks she is the smartest doctor.
(c) She feels on top of her profession.
(d) She wants to have a second opinion.
6. Pertaining to "In the Kitchen," what is Gates reflecting on?
(a) Black athletes.
(b) His mother's cooking.
(c) Black hairstyles.
(d) His childhood home.
7. Why is Cofer reflecting on the memories of moving to New York City?
(a) She sees a friend from her childhood.
(b) Her father died.
(c) She watches an old home video.
(d) She moved away.
8. What does Fadiman think about the possibility of a published book of emails in "Mail"?
(a) She hopes they are never published.
(b) She wishes email were never invented.
(c) She is excited and will help publish the first one.
(d) She is horrified of the idea of a grammatically incorrect book.
9. What does the interviewee in "Turning point" want people to remember about the Twin Towers?
(a) How many stories tall they were.
(b) His performance bewteen the two buildings, not the burning rubble.
(c) Who the Mayor of NYC was when it happend.
(d) The date in which they were attacked.
10. Who does Adlrich recall being obsessed with their hair?
(a) Her best friend.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her older sister.
11. Where is Ehrlich spending the spring in "Spring"?
12. If lack of love is the reason for suicide, what does Hoagland suggest to those who know love?
(a) To remember those moments forever.
(b) Cherish it .
(c) To give love to anyone they meet.
(d) To reconsider how they live their life.
13. What does Fadiman think about electronic mail in "Mail"?
(a) She loves how fast it is.
(b) She is horrified that people are forgo grammar and using abbreviations.
(c) She dreads the invention of the next mail system .
(d) She wishes she had a computer so she could use it .
14. In "Westbury Court," who moves into the apartment down the hall after the lady and her children move out?
(a) A group of Haitian musicians.
(b) An old man.
(c) It remains vacant.
(d) Another family.
15. Why is Sanders thinking about this particular gift from his father in "The Inheritance of Tools"?
(a) He wants to teach his son how to use them.
(b) His father died.
(c) He wants to build a new shed for his tools.
(d) He has a new carpentry job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main sign that McClanahan's first marriage is doomed to sadness?
2. What is the lady in "Westbury Court" doing when the firemen come inside her apartment?
3. What was McPhee fascinated by as a child?
4. Pertaining to "Westbury Court," with what is Danticat struggling?
5. Who chastises Komunyakaa for keeping his reasoning for leaving a secret?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)