|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does McClanahan se from the margins of the previous reader?
(a) Love for poetry.
(c) The same despair she once had.
(d) The desire for love.
2. Why does Sanders begin a new carpentry project in "The Inheritance of Tools"?
(a) To show is son what he used to do in his free time.
(b) His dad told him to finish what he started.
(c) To be close to his dad spiritually.
(d) To get money for the project.
3. Which female wants to define herself by what she did and how she treated others from the essay "Hair"?
(a) Aldrich's older sister.
(b) Her youngest sister.
(c) Her mother.
4. What is Fadiman reflecting on in "Mail"?
(a) The history of communication.
(b) The invention of the telephone.
(c) Her childhood.
(d) Postage expenses.
5. What is the ultimate solution to the type of death discussed in "Heaven and Nature"?
(b) A house.
6. Pertaining to "In the Kitchen," what is Gates reflecting on?
(a) Black hairstyles.
(b) Black athletes.
(c) His childhood home.
(d) His mother's cooking.
7. What does Cofer NOT mention being in Little Puerto Rico?
(a) People that identity with their culture.
(b) Speaking the same language.
(c) Puerto Rican restaurants.
(d) Grocery stores with Puerto Rican food.
8. What were hair "kinks" a symbol of in Gate's essay, "In the Kitchen"?
(a) That their mom didn't know how to do hair.
(b) That they wanted to be famous.
(c) That they were poor.
(d) How one's black identity will always be a part of them even if they try to change it.
9. Who seems to be the previous library book reader of "Book Marks"?
(a) A child.
(b) A woman.
(c) Her husband's mistress.
(d) No one, the book is new.
10. What happened to the boy Ehrlich referred to in her essay, "Spring"?
(a) He moved away to another town.
(b) He died from cancer.
(c) He died in a car accident.
(d) He committed suicide.
11. What does the interviewee in "Turning Point" repeatedly refuse?
(a) An agent.
(c) Profit for his art.
(d) A TV show.
12. How does Accawi feel about his village becoming a global community?
(a) He loves the progression his community is undergoing.
(b) He is nostalgic for his younger years.
(c) He hates everything about it.
(d) He thinks the village is on a search for a better life that they have yet to find.
13. What does Ofri think about her diagnosis in "Merced"?
(a) She thinks she is the smartest doctor.
(b) She feels on top of her profession.
(c) She is afraid she is wrong.
(d) She wants to have a second opinion.
14. When McClanahan's husband leaves her, what does she do?
(a) Attempts suicide.
(b) Moves to Europe.
(c) Runs after his car and trips.
(d) Burns all of their pictures.
15. What ethnicity is Lily?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fadiman think about electronic mail in "Mail"?
2. What was McPhee fascinated by as a child?
3. Who does Ehrlich mention rejecting when she was younger in "Spring"?
4. What does Dillard compare the exhaust trail of the plane to in "The Stunt Pilot"?
5. Why does Cofer's family move to New York City?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)